Sign in to follow this  
tesmith2112

Payment Methods, Pro and Cons

dpshptl

I just made my first purchase and I used PayPal. I would prefer that and CC for now. once I get more familiar I might feel comfortable with WU.

Xebryus

Never used B and C. Love WU, but that's because they're everywhere around me. I've always been weary about making purchases online due to being a victim of fraud once. (Unrelated) so it's nice to walk into a store with WU and pay cash. Also, WU is great because some TD's prefer it and give a discount. Toro does 5% and MR does 10% that I know of.

tesmith2112

Never used B and C. Love WU, but that's because they're everywhere around me. I've always been weary about making purchases online due to being a victim of fraud once. (Unrelated) so it's nice to walk into a store with WU and pay cash. Also, WU is great because some TD's prefer it and give a discount. Toro does 5% and MR does 10% that I know of.

that's helpful. Thank you.

richardrp

I set up prepaid Visa card just to deal with internet purchases.

If payment is let say $350.00 I will deposit about $365.00 just to cover possible exchange diferences.This can cover transfer $$ to PP.

as for the West union......Most of the dealers offer discount with will be eaten up by WU fee.

So for me Prepaid Visa all the way.

Rav747

I used to pay Mary through WU. Pretty easy and hassle free.

TRANSPORTER

Me, prefer PayPal, I feel much more comfortable paying with that, never used WU, after being warned off from using it many years ago when Internet and eBay were in their youth, yes I can remember when we didn't have a thing called Internet!!!! N

TheSav

I do the same as Richardp. I use a prepaid visa for online purchases and find it easy. It gives me piece of mind. PP is my preferred payment method if available as I like to know I have a fall back should the shit hit the fan. However, in saying that, I would not hesitate to pay one of our trusted dealers by WU as I know that they have all earned their stripes and in the rare occurrence that something may go wrong, the mods here have our backs.

goodgood

I use Paypal. If I must, then I generate a virtual credit card account number good for 1 transaction from my credit card account. Since the number can be used only once the account number is useless afterward.

tesmith2112

I use Paypal. If I must, then I generate a virtual credit card account number good for 1 transaction from my credit card account. Since the number can be used only once the account number is useless afterward.

I appreciate everyone's advise. The three choices above are all I have. I think I'm going with WU.

goodgood

I appreciate everyone's advise. The three choices above are all I have. I think I'm going with WU.

If these were the only choice, I would go with WU as well.

SSTEEL

Me, prefer PayPal, I feel much more comfortable paying with that, never used WU, after being warned off from using it many years ago when Internet and eBay were in their youth, yes I can remember when we didn't have a thing called Internet!!!! N

That reminds me of when I first got scammed back in the day there was no WU online site to pay for things, and I had to go to my local travel agency that accepted WU. Went there, paid for watch (yes, been into watches for quite a while), and yes, you guessed it, seller ripped me off.

The above experience put me off dealing with anyone online for years. Then I started using ebay, and paypal, which is owned by ebay, everything was great, then as an ebay seller myself, ebay kept on making it more and more difficult for sellers to make much money on small items by introducing limited shipping fees.

When I got paid for any item I sold, I got charged a listing fee, and final sales fee on ebay, then when accepting a payment via paypal, they took a fee too. Tote up all these fee's over a year, I though fcuk it, and packed in selling. I only buy things with paypal now.

More recently though getting back into the rep game, I set up my online WU account, and thus far, sticking with TD's it's a no brainer. Happy with it.

conx

I have used moneygram which operates in much the same way as wu. All good.

The thing that worries me about using PayPal is getting the account frozen/suspended. For instance, should the TD be identified by the actions of someone else (chargeback or writing fake Rolex in the comments), there is a possibility thast PayPal will associate you to the TD and suspend you too. This would hurt as it would damage my legitimate eBay activities. Not worth the risk IMO.

Therefore it is wu or money gram for me.

black263

Within the UK I far prefer direct bank transfer. No fees. Instant or very rapid on line payment. And if it goes tits up there are ways of idetifying other party.

Irishcain

I've only used wu, but I've never had any problems with it yet. I did learn a couple of things. Fees increase dramatically the more you pay. So if your rep is 199 or less, you'll pay $10, but at 200 you pay $25. Another interesting fact I've found is that some of the CC companies consider wu payments to be cash advances, so you'll pay an additional fee for that as well. The funds are available in minutes. :thumbsup:

mrs1986

I set up prepaid Visa card just to deal with internet purchases.

If payment is let say $350.00 I will deposit about $365.00 just to cover possible exchange diferences.This can cover transfer $$ to PP.

as for the West union......Most of the dealers offer discount with will be eaten up by WU fee.

So for me Prepaid Visa all the way.

I do exactly the same, use prepaid visa... I have no problem using paypal or direct CC payment... It wont happen with the TD here, but can happen in others internet purchases, if a scam, they can only use the money on the CC and if you put just for that thing, you will loose just that money, less risky IMO

HeavyKrush

I use PayPal, but just because I'm lazy.

wat44

the answer depends on the seller....

that

usually i go for what i have setup pending dealer/sellers prefered method