Sign in to follow this  
RICH24

IWC Top gun or 3717 ?

RICH24

Which one ?

5111F4CF-C2A2-44E7-9382-E16C31264264-858-000000F6D924CF50.jpg

I can't really decide on one. I was leaning more towards the top gun but the big white "top gun" engraving on the side really kills it or me. And the band that comes with the top gun also needs to go.

The 3717 is great but I'm really concerned about it maybe being too small. Other than that I like everything about it. The metal bracelet design looks really nice but will it fit an 8 inch wrist ?

Any info is appreciated

Electron17

I have the Top Gun and I have 21cm wrist, it fits just fine. Just the strap is a little too short, used on the last hole. Will have to get a new strap to be able the wear properly. IMO go for the Top Gun!

HWG

black263

I like the Miramar. This has none of the writing apart from the case back. Quartz microstepper chrono from Reg.

RICH24

That's a cool watch but not really my thing.

For anyone who owns the 3717 on the bracelet. How is the quality o the bracelet ? Is it big enough for an 8 inch wrist ?

PeterPotamus

for me the 3777

iwcpilotviii377702_zps3fd58883.jpgiwcpilotviii01_zpsccc50692.jpg

Loonie

I have all three, 3717, 3777 & TG.

3717 & 3777 look as if they came from the same factory, great build quality. Straps are quality too, although the 3777 comes with the same strap as the 3717, where it should have the later version ss strap. My guess is they should fit an 8" wrist, as I have a 7.5", and I have removed 3 (smallish) links.

TG is quality too, though the kevlar/nylon ? strap could be better.

I wear the 3777 most, TG least. But then, I much prefer ss straps over leather/rubber/plastic. I also feel like a bit of a fanny when wearing the 'top gun' (well, more than normal).

8179643248_8df41f5021_b.jpg

8434720187_00acaf8eef_b.jpg

8435800488_0c280c31db_b.jpg

robbie888

Both, live is too short to choose. While ordering also add an Ingy, BP and Portoguese to your order, save shipping costs !!

jeffrx

Loonie

Both, live is too short to choose. While ordering also add an Ingy, BP and Portoguese to your order, save shipping costs !!

True, this is also how it happened for me...

bammer7

That's a cool watch but not really my thing.

For anyone who owns the 3717 on the bracelet. How is the quality o the bracelet ? Is it big enough for an 8 inch wrist ?

I just received my 3717 a couple weeks ago. It's got a quality look and feel, and it is my favorite rep right now.

I have a 8 1/4 to 8 1/2 inch wrist and it fits fine without removing any links.

NFleischer

DSCN0096.jpg

You can get a nice after market band for about $50. I think this came from The Watch Boys.

Heisenberg

I really like the look of the 3777. Is that still available?

ATEspo

I dont own an IWC at the moment but I vote TOP GUN. I will own a Top Gun someday soon.

RICH24

I'm still working on finishing my breitling collection at the moment. I have 3 left.

I've been feeling like trying out another brand and I've always liked IWC. If I had to get another IWC I really don't know what it would be. Prob some other pilot model.

But I have a few Pam's and Tags on the list at the moment as well

P4GTR

I couldn't handle having this engraved on the side of my watch..

top-gun-poster.jpg

The 3717 is a great watch. The bracelet should fit your wrist, if you need an extra link or two I can help you out.

RICH24

Yea that totally ruins the watch for me. Maybe if it matched the rest if the case it would look nicer. Sucks because its such a cool watch.