Sign in to follow this  
Psycho Marco

Undecided... Panerai Pam 441 or Romain Jerome Steampunk chrono

Psycho Marco

Hi all,

I´m looking forward to buying a watch in the close future (probably in June when I´ll be in Europe).

I´m undecided about buying a Panerai Pam 441, which is made of ceramic with a brown vintage strap or a Romain Jerome Steampunk chrono, which has a percentage of the Titanic´s steel in the bezel.

The Panerai goes for 12,000 US dollars. The Romain Jerome for 16,000.

Those 2 watches has a different focus, one is a classic one, with ceramic and an in-house movement and the other has Valjoux based movement but has a great looks and has an historic value for having a piece of steel of the titanic in the bezel.

My question is, which one would you buy?.

Regards

Marco

dalboy

4,000 Xtra for the Titanic link !!

Seems a bit excessive to me....But if you can go that extra yard than Yes....in truth who would really care.unless it was a limited edition run....Even so 16 G's is a chunk of dough..

441 for me..

Good luck in your decision.

Dal.

Loonie

both way overpriced for what ur getting, but I guess u know that.

pam would be my choice as I don't like the thought of celebrating the death of 1500 peeps on my wrist.

Thang

Just by the look of the watch, I would go with the Panerai Pam 441.

NFleischer

Pics to compare please.

Arism

Romain Jerome Steampunk Chrono Titanic Edition

romain-jerome-steampunk-chrono-titanic-anniversary-watch.jpg

Pam 441

panerai-pam441.jpg

The Pam for me. The RJ just seems like a grab for attention to me; I don't see the point of using metal from the Titanic other than a marketing ploy. Making a watch from a ship that killed so many when it went down just doesn't seem right to me. It doesn't pay homage to or honour those who perished regardless of what Romain Jerome tell you.

Besides you can use the dosh you saved on more reps ;)

Edited by Arism

Psycho Marco

Thanks for posting the pics!

Yes, I think both are overpriced. But both are awesome looking.

I didn´t thought it from the 1500 persons dying perspective... indeed you´re right. but the historical value of that watch is awesome.

Regards

dalboy

Titanic..!!

The biggest peace time tragedy ever....An insult to the memory of the dead to use salvaged parts in the construction of a watch..or anything else for that matter..

Let the dead rest..J.M.O.

Dal.

Frankt8242

Both of those are way more expensive than they're worth...

If you are sensitive to the asthetics of the lives lost, buy a $200. replica, and donate the rest of the $$'s to a charity that can save some lives....

You'll be reminded of your honorable deed every time you look at your watch....

Realism

None... both are f.ugly... better off with a nice Patik Philip -per Archieluxury

subiim
None... both are f.ugly... better off with a nice Patik Philip -per Archieluxury

+1. Fuckugly

greg_r

Not only is the romaine jerome ugly, but it's ghoulish too. Wouldn't wear it if you gave me one for free...

The Panerai is just a bit meh. Plenty of more interesting watches around for that kind dough

JohnPilot

Buy both :rofl:

Great question to ask on a rep forum. :fuck:

"Hey mates. Look I am rich. Can buy those ..." :bj:

arancini

Well said JP. :giggle:

Neither of those IMO. And I love PAMs.

Agree with Greg. My own money would be spent on a different look/model than the two presented.

Good luck.

Realism

again an assumption he's even going to... LOL

go ask in TZ or WUS

scorpion

Careful what you say JP the op is a Psycho, best not upset him or he will be axing down your door shouting out "here comes Marco" whilst swinging his axe made from Titanic's keel :giggle: On a more serious note can anyone actually tell the time with the Romaine Jerome? Its a bit to busy that dial and black hands - no way.

Still I do hear they are making a rep out of genuine 1970's Rusty Lancia Car metal....however that is now apparently harder to source than bits of Titanic.

Psycho Marco

go ask in TZ or WUS

Wow a lot of hostility here. Probably because it´s your reaction to hide your envy against the people that can afford genuine watches.

If you don´t believe I can afford one of these (which I really don´t give a fuck if you do or not, but just so you know, I can), you can check my first or second post in this forum, in which I state I have several replicas and several original watches and I describe each one of them.

I was just asking a question about a watch I personally like and I receive this? c´mon.

BTW, if you would be so nice to share the web addresses of TZ or WUS (which I think are forums of original watches) I will go there to ask. If talking about original watches is forbidden in here (which I don´t think it is), I will ask a mod to erase this thread. I apologize in advance in such case.

Thank you very much for your very useful comments, your great attitude toward new members and for sharing all your wisdom.

Marco

BTW. I´ve been in mountaing biking forums, reef tanks forums, reptiles, electronics forums, etc. and have never seen such a hostile and rude forum such as this one. Your life must be sooo lame, hence, you need to liberate and be rude in here.

Cyril_Clunge

9943ccb233fc33c153b8e838f1c1946f.jpg

Marco, if you feel the need to report posts for being rude then you really are in the wrong place. I suggest you either MTFU, lose the holier than thou attitude and learn to play with others, or try not to let the door hit you on the arse on the way out. One thing we really have no need of here is another precious princess.

Realism

go ask in TZ or WUS

Wow a lot of hostility here. Probably because it´s your reaction to hide your envy against the people that can afford genuine watches.

If you don´t believe I can afford one of these (which I really don´t give a fuck if you do or not, but just so you know, I can), you can check my first or second post in this forum, in which I state I have several replicas and several original watches and I describe each one of them.

I was just asking a question about a watch I personally like and I receive this? c´mon.

BTW, if you would be so nice to share the web addresses of TZ or WUS (which I think are forums of original watches) I will go there to ask. If talking about original watches is forbidden in here (which I don´t think it is), I will ask a mod to erase this thread. I apologize in advance in such case.

Thank you very much for your very useful comments, your great attitude toward new members and for sharing all your wisdom.

Marco

BTW. I´ve been in mountaing biking forums, reef tanks forums, reptiles, electronics forums, etc. and have never seen such a hostile and rude forum such as this one. Your life must be sooo lame, hence, you need to liberate and be rude in here.

Marco... I have gens beyond what you asked... don't even tempt me to get started

dalboy

9943ccb233fc33c153b8e838f1c1946f.jpg

Marco, if you feel the need to report posts for being rude then you really are in the wrong place. I suggest you either MTFU, lose the holier than thou attitude and learn to play with others, or try not to let the door hit you on the arse on the way out. One thing we really have no need of here is another precious princess.

Way to go C.

NFleischer

Wow- the Titanic is, well ugly IMO.

The PAM anyday.

conx

This thread is heading the same way as the titanic

Realism
:titanic:

dalboy

This thread is heading the same way as the titanic

Well if it doe's he can collect the metal himself. :giggle:

vvilly69