Sign in to follow this  
watchman12345

IWC Ingenieur Laureus Sport for Good - a few months on...

Shaqv2

Ingy not a good dress watch? Clearly I disagree.

image_zps4b84e034.jpg

image_zps49752648.jpg

It is a hefty watch, but has no problem slipping under the shirt cuff. And this shirt has a narrow cuff. The strap is a watchboys gator strap (not too impressed with its quality)

Edited by Shaqv2

petebetros

It is a hefty watch, but has no problem slipping under the shirt cuff. And this shirt has a narrow cuff. The strap is a watchboys gator strap (not too impressed with its quality)

Yeah me neither - I initially ordered a brown one which was lovely but too big so sold it on. Then I ordered the navy one you have too and it falls short of the brown one by a long way imo.

wqleow

A bit of a necropost but I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these but the 42mm size puts me off.

You see that I have thin wrists (6.5") and 40mm is about the maximum size for a comfortable dress watch.

I have a AP RO (41mm) and that's slightly bulky already.

So any feedback about how large these would wear for a small wrist is much appreciated.

Shaqv2

The watch is hefty and the lugs are a bit long. its a stretch on my 7" wrist . It might be a bit too big for you if you are conscious of how it looks on your wrist.

Lachsersatz

The watch is hefty and the lugs are a bit long. its a stretch on my 7" wrist . It might be a bit too big for you if you are conscious of how it looks on your wrist.

Agreed 100%. I also have a 7" wrist and it is not ideal as a dress watch IMO. It simply does not wear very comfortable. The 42 cm diameter would be OK, but the watch is quite thick and does not sit comfortably on my wrist. Also, I have problems to slip it under my shirt cuffs - with some of my shirts it's really difficult and I have to lift the cuff with my right hand to see the time..

Bottom line:

The watch is very nice and accurate, but not really ideal as a dress watch if your wrist size is < 7".

My recommendation would be a Portofino. Very accurate and an ideal dress watch IMHO.

Edited by Lachsersatz

taokexun

black one is better, but black one is back see thru

Prancuzas

black one is better, but black one is back see thru

No.

"see-thru" reveals asian movement, also the sapphire is not domed, datefont is wrong and overall finish is way better on noob laureus (the blue one).

Anyway looks like the Laureus Ingy is out of stock at all dealers and is becoming a "huntable" piece by forum members. So grab Yourself one when it comes up on M2M.

BQRwXmD.jpg

webking185

anyone? :)

20150207_180749.jpg

Edited by webking185

webking185

In HKG visiting Big Buddha.

20150330_043927.jpg

lonelyby2

20150330_043927.jpg

Which TD you get from.. This watch is awesome!!~

Shaqv2

What strap do you have on it?

Markonymous

wow, i hate when the discontinue the best models.... Sooooooo anyone wanna sell theirs?

krag90

I'm also up for a buy! Give me a PM if you want to sell it! :)

krag90

There are new noobs for sale here and there! I bought one and feel satisfyed. Can post a couple of pics later if its of interest!

westwood45

20150330_043927.jpg

Appreciate if you can tell me what's your wrist size? I'm on the fence on this one because I have 6.5" flat wrist.

Moondustesp

Beautiful watch. May have to go on my hit list

ciberalguien

Mine on gen alligator Rios strap ;)

3b3554ea857ae07b5c3a34b695a58090.jpg

ssouthall6

I have the noob version, 6.5" wrist. It wears a little big but it's worth it as it's a stunning watch. The finish on the noob is very high quality.

bowtiefanatc

I had one and foolishly sold it. Looks like they might be available once again. Haven't confirmed it but that's what it looks like through MR

BeeKay

Hi Guys,

Apologies for the resurrection thread!

I've just ordered one of these from Joshua including box etc for €250 plus shipping or so. Looking forward to receiving it and interested to see how they're holding up.

I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives if anyone is interested?

Cheers

BK

Sealdoggy

Ordered the same watch from Josh cant wait to get it, going to order a brown lizzard strap for it as soon as I verify the the lug and buckle size, going to be in the club pretty soon...lol

The astromaster

+1