Sign in to follow this  
watchman12345

IWC Ingenieur Laureus Sport for Good - a few months on...

bowtiefanatc

It is very slightly domed. I just received mine and I absolutely love it!

Mirage

Gorgeaous Watch! Just received one from Tony:

6yXYnDK.jpg

tOQU5On.jpg

laEpewt.jpg

I was very surprised how smooth was the movement!

For those wondering, the strap is from www.thewatchboys.com

Mappe

Great buy! Just love the strap, great colour! Thinking about buying this watch. Is it to big to wear as a dress watch?

One thing that I wonder about this watch is about the front glass, how is the front glass? When I have seen the geen it seems like the front glass is a bit elevated at the edges. How is the glass of the rep? If possible could you please take a picture of the edge of the front glass

Many thanks!

Mappe

Btw is it a gator strap?

Mappe
Great buy! Just love the strap, great colour! Thinking about buying this watch. Is it to big to wear as a dress watch?

One thing that I wonder about this watch is about the front glass, how is the front glass? When I have seen the geen it seems like the front glass is a bit elevated at the edges. How is the glass of the rep? If possible could you please take a picture of the edge of the front glass

Many thanks!

Hmm, read the thread, saw that I asked almost the same queation before...sorry guys

Prancuzas

Crystal is domed as per gen and goes really well with the whole set.

Dont hesitate and buy this lovely timepiece :)

And it does not wear too big as for a dress watch IMHO :)

Prancuzas

And here's the pic to support those statements ;)

IMG_20130523_114322_zps06fe463f.jpg

arancini

That's a really sensational looking IWC.

Been on my radar for a while now.

Mirage

Btw is it a gator strap?

Yes it is an alligator strap.

Kleen™

The caseback is the only thing holding me back from buying this, as the blue sunburst-dial is just plain stunning!

Prancuzas

Kleen , what's wrong with the case back?

Edited by Prancuzas

yawn

this is the few super rep i can pass with modding. stunning piece.

Kleen™
Kleen , what's wrong with the case back?

From an accuracy POV: Practically nothing, as it is extremely close to gen.

From a design POV: Everything, as it is a hapless kids drawing on a 15K watch (being very close to gen:-)

phanto

any updates on this?

how does the Asian movement compare with the SW

Also- how big is the watch?

Iceman767

what a sensational piece of watch - I still marvel at mine more than a year on after receiving it!

791f2a5d-78a5-40ba-b8e0-23204e108253_zps8ed1ce5b.jpg

acetone

It looks amazing!...

ghoststar

It is a great watch, but there is a bit of a plasticky look to the polished portions of the steel bezel and the steel hour markers. As for the dome of the crystal, one of you mentioned that the gen had a "glow" to it. The rep certainly does not have any such glow. It almost looks like it doesn't even have any AR on it (although it does, a little).

The one thing that bothers me most about this watch (and this, as far as I know, is something that is the same on the gen) is how low the holes are on the lugs so that the strap sits really low on the watch. This causes for a lot of the area between the lugs to be exposes, making the strap look like it is too thin for the watch, and making the watch proper look like it is sitting too high on the wrist. And yes, the watch is a bit high, so it is not really an ideal dress watch.

thorny007

One of my favorites... yet i don't have one

webking185

can anyone tell me the strap size for this watch? i was also looking at watchboys too for a new strap.

Mirage

22-18mm ;)

Shaqv2

I've just ordered one from Toro... eagerly waiting :suck:

ryaku

The one thing that bothers me most about this watch (and this, as far as I know, is something that is the same on the gen) is how low the holes are on the lugs so that the strap sits really low on the watch. This causes for a lot of the area between the lugs to be exposes, making the strap look like it is too thin for the watch, and making the watch proper look like it is sitting too high on the wrist. And yes, the watch is a bit high, so it is not really an ideal dress watch.

I haven't bought this amazing watch for that exact reason. A strap/bracelet fitting well the watch and the wrist is crucial.

webking185

awesome rep, picked one up from toro and its nice! will have better shots soon.

image_10070.jpg

Iceman767

I haven't bought this amazing watch for that exact reason. A strap/bracelet fitting well the watch and the wrist is crucial.

Bracelet fit -reminds me of the 866s midnight blues in the early 70s awesome pieces

0ce0f58a-4f0d-441a-8947-25a7ae002e86_zpse308d80c.jpg

ryaku

Yeah..not bad at all, but I would have preferred a slimmer case easier to match with leather straps. :)