Sign in to follow this  
Markrfc

Omega Seamaster Bond Edition Rep Or Gen??? Opinions Please

hyster

I'd have said Gen as the HE valve is in the correct location, all the reps I've been looking at sit in line with the 10:00 where as the gens sit higher (one pictured and my gen Chrono)

While I'm positive its genuine, the position of the HE valve is no guarantee of authenticity, I have an old "closed factory" rep with the HE valve in a similar position.

Money well spent mate, get it checked to satisfy your mind then enjoy it, it's gorgeous.

Edited by hyster

Kcore

mark, you started this thread to get opinionsgen or rep and I've provide you my opinion based solely on my experience with Omega gen LE Bond watches. In that spirit, I placed a call to an Omega boutique and posed the question. Everyone else has provided his/her opinion based solely on photos off the Internet.

My intention was only with good intention. Could I be wrong, possibly. Could they be wrong, possibly. When there is that much of an investment at stake, take the watch to be appraised by a professional. Don't take the back off yourself and risk marking or scratching the case.

Either way, what ever you do, I wish you the very best!

chum_2000_uk

Everyone else has provided his/her opinion based solely on photos off the Internet.

Erm.... no!

Lev

Gen. Danjaq LLC are the owners of the rights for the entire James Bond series and anything that pertains to it aside from two films. Because of this their trademark needs to be engraved on any form of memorabilia, even if its a luxury watch. You should be fine.

There's also no evidence that you called anyone mate. While we are on the subject, I just talked to Albert Broccoli's spirit and he told me that he specifically said that all future watches pertaining to the James Bond series have to have Danjaq engraved on it. Yep the internet prevails again!

Guyute

Easiest way to be sure is to take it to an AD and have them authenticate it. Most of them won't charge you to verify that it's real because they want you to bring it to them for servicing down the road.

Black Diamond

Looking at the bezel font it 100% looks like a Rep to me...The pearl looks bang on though, so could be wrong. Colour is good and HE positioning looks right

Edited by Black Diamond

PeterPotamus

100% gen, but for your peace of mind take it to an AD and have them authenticate it

Kcore

Everyone else has provided his/her opinion based solely on photos off the Internet.

Erm.... no!

I stand corrected Chum, not everyone has based their opinion solely on Internet photos.

Matter of fact, I have to eat a very large slice of humble pie. The sales associate at the Omega boutique called me back and said he only looked at the 50th Anniv. LE when he answered my question. The store has two older LE Bond Seamasters and both have the TM Dajaq engraving on the clasp.

This is surely a senior moment for my memory. Mark if I in anyway put a damper on your ourchase, you have my apology. But I still would have a professional look it over as that's a lot of money.

kations

I think its a Rep.

Arj

I think its a Rep.

Very Informative :giggle:

chum_2000_uk

I think its a Rep.

I think you're a rep

PeterPotamus

taking pics of my gen, will upload shortly

Kcore

Gen. Danjaq LLC are the owners of the rights for the entire James Bond series and anything that pertains to it aside from two films. Because of this their trademark needs to be engraved on any form of memorabilia, even if its a luxury watch. You should be fine.

There's also no evidence that you called anyone mate. While we are on the subject, I just talked to Albert Broccoli's spirit and he told me that he specifically said that all future watches pertaining to the James Bond series have to have Danjaq engraved on it. Yep the internet prevails again!

True genius speaks! Here's a man or woman who knows intellectual property rights law and bases an opinion on it.

PeterPotamus

taking pics of my gen, will upload shortly

not the same model but the "TMDanjaq" is there

I'm with my watch in my hands, the clasp is perfect

these are not internet photos I just took them, hope this will help the OP

edit to add one more, and last, pic

001_zps120c6349.jpg002_zps18ef1b2d.jpg003_zpsb9d82bf0.jpgOmegaSeamaster007_zpsc49feeec.jpg

Edited by peterpotamus

Markrfc

Hi guys thanks to you all as was stated in the op i was looking for opinions they are like assholes we have all got one.

Painter6

Can you open it? What movement does it have?

Kcore
Hi guys thanks to you all as was stated in the op i was looking for opinions they are like assholes we have all got one.

Excellent!

Again, my hat is in hand.

Wriggles

In all fairness erock, you tried to help someone out and made decent effort you didn't need to go to, to provide that help. And you were the bigger man to admit you were wrong and come back after being corrected, so that deserves some respect.

Too many people are too quick to jump to the attack in these situations and as the OP says opinions are like assholes, a lot of the opinions expressed here were wrong, though all no doubt expressed in good faith. Tis a pity so many people get so worked up over these discussions.

OP, delighted you were vindicated in your purchase, but the only advise I would give is get it professionally appraised just to be sure.

Kcore
In all fairness erock, you tried to help someone out and made decent effort you didn't need to go to, to provide that help. And you were the bigger man to admit you were wrong and come back after being corrected, so that deserves some respect.

Thx!

There are lots of things I don't know about yet, but I love research, study, and learning.

What I do know about is being respectful, humble, to have gratitude, and trying to help others. Oh, and I know my 007! After all, I was the first one to indicate what the engraving, "danjaq" was.

The best to e everyone for a wonderful weekend! I, my friends am heading to one of our major amusement parks for crazy roller coaster riddin!