Sign in to follow this  
emtp101

What watch to buy?

emtp101

I am looking at an Oris Carlos Costa Le Titanium beed blasted watch. One is automatic with date and day with a faux crono, the other is the same watch but with a quartz crono? Bottom line, one automatic and the other quartz. Which one? Its on Kurviast web site. Both are $138 each.

solrac

Personally, I dont do quartz reps. Others here may think differently.

guitarbiker

For that price the auto is probably just 21j which are fine but i would go quartz at that price range , i tend to wear my quartz reps more than the auto's just because you can pick out the watch and put it on witout having to start and set time (unless of course you have a watch winder...........

chrish8

Hi OP, nice choice mine is currently in transit. I did a lot of searching and read the quartz is the better buy in this model so I went quartz. Witht he quartz you should also get the working chorno with no problem.

Order and enjoy

emtp101
Hi OP, nice choice mine is currently in transit. I did a lot of searching and read the quartz is the better buy in this model so I went quartz. Witht he quartz you should also get the working chorno with no problem.

Order and enjoy

Ya, quartz sounds good to me. Let me know what you think of yours when you have it.

emtp101
For that price the auto is probably just 21j which are fine but i would go quartz at that price range , i tend to wear my quartz reps more than the auto's just because you can pick out the watch and put it on witout having to start and set time (unless of course you have a watch winder...........

Yup, its your basic Asian 21 j auto. Its a hit and miss with this movement so I might go with the quartz.

dalboy

Horse's for course's !!

The problem with the auto is the chrono function..i personally dont like tickers.....But on this the quartz is the way to go..

On the gen Oris Costa..they dont make a quartz version , but thats the gen so no movement issues ..

Go Quartz

Dal..