Sign in to follow this  
fachy

Thailand better than China

fachy

Hi I have been purchasing watches from reputed dealers for almost $300 with Swiss ETA(WHICH IN REALITY IS NOT) are nothing but waste of money. I brought two watches from a reputed dealer, and in the end the watch crown winder came off. So $300 and above gone down the drain. I decided after reading and advising from other members to buy from Robert of Prestiege Watch Comapany. I purchased Milgauss for $79, and it beats the Chinese. The Chinese made $300 ROLEX is nothing but garbage or steel Junk. The one I bought from Robert is solid, has the feel and it has 21 J movement which I am okay with. The watch keeps perfect time and is a good investment. So to all new comers beware of the Chinese made $300 Rolex, it is nothing but a steel junk and a bad investment. I think in this battle of manufactures, Thailand manufactures of Replica beats the Chinese in terms of quality, material, and feel :bcake:

Edited by fachy

alvinado

I understand your point, but i serious doubt there is a difference, it is sometime the luck of the draw.

LawrenceWatch
Hi I have been purchasing watches from reputed dealers for almost $300 with Swiss ETA(WHICH IN REALITY IS NOT) are nothing but waste of money. I brought two watches from a reputed dealer, and in the end the watch crown winder came off. So $300 and above gone down the drain. I decided after reading and advising from other members to buy from Robert of Prestiege Watch Comapany. I purchased Milgauss for $79, and it beats the Chinese. The Chinese made $300 ROLEX is nothing but garbage or steel Junk. The one I bought from Robert is solid, has the feel and it has 21 J movement which I am okay with. The watch keeps perfect time and is a good investment. So to all new comers beware of the Chinese made $300 Rolex, it is nothing but a steel junk and a bad investment. I think in this battle of manufactures, Taiwan manufactures of Replica beats the Chinese in terms of quality, material, and feel :bcake:

AGREED..

fachy

Hi I have been purchasing watches from reputed dealers for almost $300 with Swiss ETA(WHICH IN REALITY IS NOT) are nothing but waste of money. I brought two watches from a reputed dealer, and in the end the watch crown winder came off. So $300 and above gone down the drain. I decided after reading and advising from other members to buy from Robert of Prestiege Watch Comapany. I purchased Milgauss for $79, and it beats the Chinese. The Chinese made $300 ROLEX is nothing but garbage or steel Junk. The one I bought from Robert is solid, has the feel and it has 21 J movement which I am okay with. The watch keeps perfect time and is a good investment. So to all new comers beware of the Chinese made $300 Rolex, it is nothing but a steel junk and a bad investment. I think in this battle of manufactures, Thailand manufactures of Replica beats the Chinese in terms of quality, material, and feel :itchyandscratchy:

Edited by fachy

alistairw

Posted in General area.

alistairw

I disagree with your comments. Without a doubt the watches Robert sells are absolutely first class, I have bought a few ffrom him and have a number on order. Quality, build, feel and likeness to Gen are fantastic, together with service and backup.

I don't think it is fair to generalise that all watches ex China are bad. I have had some watches ex China which are utter rubbish and I have also bought some great watches ex China. One recntly was a Black Submariner from a repetable dealer listed on this forum whom sources out of China. This Sub is in the review session (if you wish to look at it), it has a Swiss ETA movement, has ceramic bezel. This watch is a work of art, it keeps fantastic time and is a pleasure to wear.

There are good and bad reps in the market, from all over SE and FE Asia, the key to buying is information / research. The reveiws on this forum give a fantastic insight into the quality and finish, together with the comments on Dealer supplier performance, which is paramont if you have a problem. I think is is fair to say, suppliers like Robert, Josh and Mary to name a few, would have no issue in replacing a faulty watch if that was the case. I know first hand some of these suppliers check the performance of the watches (over 24 hours) prior to sending to ensure they are working correctly or they replace the movemnt if needed and recheck - this includes Chinese watch supplier dealers.

Luthier

Taiwan?

What Taiwan?

Who told you Taiwan make replicas?

Learn more, before posting bullshit.

Luthier

SPAM!!!

greg_r

Fachy - please do not cross-post the same thread in three different places.

Edit: make that 4 including the shoutbox.... :itchyandscratchy:

Threads merged.

fachy
Taiwan?

What Taiwan?

Who told you Taiwan make replicas?

Learn more, before posting bullshit.

Spam what rubbish. I just purchased watch from Robert. Chinese made is nothing but bullshit and steel junk. There is nothing as Swiss eta or $300 replica(ALL SCAM BEWARE). I applaud Robert for pushing the envelope in terms of quality whereas Chinese have produced nothing but steel junk!

greg_r

:itchyandscratchy:

Fachy: 98% of all reps - including those sold by Robert - are made in China. Your conclusions are nonsense.

The spam comment was justified given your cross-posting of this thread in 4 different places.

Silverspeed

Methinks young fachy is just over excited about his new rep....:itchyandscratchy:

JoeyB
:D

Fachy: 98% of all reps - including those sold by Robert - are made in China. Your conclusions are nonsense.

The spam comment was justified given your cross-posting of this thread in 4 different places.

1st, aren't the 21J movements from China?

2nd, why is Lawrence agreeing with him?

KBH

I think there are a few Taiwanese rep manufacturers. Remember TWB Subs. Also that ugly 3185 fake Rolex movement is a Chinese movement that is modified in Taiwan, I believe. I got a Chopard Happy Diamonds watch for my wife that had to be sent back to Taiwan to be repaired. According to Josh, that's why it took so long.

But still the movements are all from China and I believe that's the part that the OP is really bitching about.

JoeyB

My very first 'rep' was from Taiwan that a buddy brought back in 1983. It was a Rolex SS Day-Date President with diamond markers and Seiko quartz movement for $25. It gained about 1 second every six months and I wore that every day for years until I discovered the GMT in the late `90s. But I was told there aren't many there now.

RolexAddict

http://watchmaker9.tv/

You are all here just like this :sofa: with WM Subs. The material at origin was coming from Taiwan.

Taiwan and Korea are precursor of the rep world.

If you go to Seoul/Korea you will see lot of watches brand reps and vintage German Leica cameras, full set, boxes and papers

stop to be limited in your knowledge by RWI, Repgeek, RWG, etc. shut down you computers, buy airline tickets and go for a ride,

sconehead

My first two quality reps were bought from Josh. The SMP was shipped from China, the 'perfect' LV sub shipped from Taiwan...:thumbsup:

Luthier
http://watchmaker9.tv/

You are all here just like this :thumbsup: with WM Subs. The material at origin was coming from Taiwan.

Taiwan and Korea are precursor of the rep world.

If you go to Seoul/Korea you will see lot of watches brand reps and vintage German Leica cameras, full set, boxes and papers

stop to be limited in your knowledge by RWI, Repgeek, RWG, etc. shut down you computers, buy airline tickets and go for a ride,

What material exactly? Steel? Paint? Brass? All taiwanese factories already in China for a years.

You can buy rep. Sub even in Greece, does it mean it's made there?

I've been in China, Korea, Thailand, Taiwan, saw tons of replicas everywhere, and all of them are made in China. Ask Robert, he knows better, than any of us.

sconehead

Luth we all know Josh dropships, the sub came from Taiwan...it was identified as a TWB, Taiwanese best, by BK when I asked for opinions on it...so, unless he shipped from China via Taiwan for some bizzare reason, it's safe to assume it was produced there...Some really high end reps are made in Vietnam and sell for ridiculous money, can't speak for Korea though, first I've heard is from RA...

KBH

Taiwan has always been 5 to 10 years ahead of China in their manufacturing abilities. Only lately has China been closing the gap since many Taiwanese manufacturers are now moving their whole factories, equipment and all, to China.

Luthier

TWB my ass. I lived in Taipei for some time, bought few reps there, all from China. Maybe 10-15 years ago there were a few watch factories, but labor cost in Taiwan is 10 folds than in China now, so, taiwanese replica would cost you at least a grand.

I know, how chinese factories ship watches. It's rarely come out from GZ, mostly from Shanghai, Taiwan or Beijing.

Vietnam??? There's no movements factories, and if somebody will prove to me, that Vietnam make reps - I'd be very surprised.

Vietnam can't make even simple guitar, not that level of manufacturing of the goods.

Luthier
Taiwan has always been 5 to 10 years ahead of China in their manufacturing abilities. Only lately has China been closing the gap since many Taiwanese manufacturers are now moving their whole factories, equipment and all, to China.

+1

KBH

It's well known that Vietnamese have been knocking off copies of Rolexes that were left there years ago during the Vietnam war by American soldiers. Not the movements, but taking Rolex movements out of cheaper watches and putting them in hand made cases of the more expensive models. Labor is so cheap there that a guy with a simple machine shop could make a case and if it took him a month he'd still probably make enough to live on.