Sign in to follow this  
Kwt

Opinions please on this Gen Omega

Kwt

Hi all,

I am thinking about purchasing this second hand for a good-ish price. But I am in 2 minds about the face, I mean is it too busy?

Watch is 40mm.

Any opinions appreciated.

OMEGA AOM046-1.jpg

Mechwarrior

Very nice

SSTEEL

Although, as you say, quite a busy dial, it is quite a lot of information functionally, however, more to go wrong, but having said that, I like it.

g.man

I take it your picture is not of the actual watch you are considering purchasing?

regards

g.man

Kwt

I take it your picture is not of the actual watch you are considering purchasing?

regards

g.man

It isn't mate no. This is a live picture shot just from a google search rather then a generic picture. Why do you ask?

Although, as you say, quite a busy dial, it is quite a lot of information functionally, however, more to go wrong, but having said that, I like it.

That's what I figured too but the watch will be covered by a 12 month warranty - I guess kinda piece of mind.

court

I like it a lot; busy but classic.

If its the right price go for it. I'd say.

g.man

regards

g.man

It isn't mate no. This is a live picture shot just from a google search rather then a generic picture. Why do you ask?

Only because the picture would appear to be a rep.

regards

g.man

jeffw69

nope, don like.

oscarmadfish

i like the face but a bit to small for my taste

Kwt

regards

g.man

regards

g.man

Oh right. I am suprise you can tell from that. I didn't realise this watch was repped man.

fellowsis

It's alright, I just dont think it could ever be as classic and beautiful as the moon watch. But hey, if you like it, don't listen to us naysayers!

Kwt

It's alright, I just dont think it could ever be as classic and beautiful as the moon watch. But hey, if you like it, don't listen to us naysayers!

I really like the moonie too but I am not a fan of hand winding watches plus second hand they are still rather expensive (unless you go for one that is quite old)

fellowsis

Have you looked at a speedmaster reduced? More similar in style to the moonie, and its an auto (though if my memory serves me correctly its 38mm) but they can be had for a bargain secondhand these days.

g.man

regards

g.man

regards

g.man

Oh right. I am suprise you can tell from that. I didn't realise this watch was repped man.

I'm not saying it definitely is, but I have my suspicions.

regards

g.man

Sparkal

Mate if you like it. Go it.

Lots of shit going on with the comps.

But I really dig the day date month.

Like really dig

Sparkal

regards

g.man

regards

g.man

+1

If they could rep this they could get the fucking pearl sorted on the most basic of bezels right......

Kwt

Have you looked at a speedmaster reduced? More similar in style to the moonie, and its an auto (though if my memory serves me correctly its 38mm) but they can be had for a bargain secondhand these days.

That's a good shout man. I haven't looked into it too much. Do you go anyway specific website wise to look at second hand watches?

fellowsis

That's a good shout man. I haven't looked into it too much. Do you go anyway specific website wise to look at second hand watches?

I don't I'm afraid mate, I did see one for sale about 2 months ago (I think I was looking on google shopping for a mate of mine) and foubd one for 980 quid. I think its probably just a case of shopping around. Thee are plenty of places that do second hand!

Kwt

I don't I'm afraid mate, I did see one for sale about 2 months ago (I think I was looking on google shopping for a mate of mine) and foubd one for 980 quid. I think its probably just a case of shopping around. Thee are plenty of places that do second hand!

Cheers pal.

Gbkirsch

Have you considered a Speedmaster Professional, ie: Moon Watch? The down side it's a manual wind but on the bright side it will work in zero gravity and space!! :)

964boy

speedies are good

hyster

Not for me, I'd rather save for a moonwatch.

slvg325

I have the blue version. This is an excellent watch, but on the smaller side when compared to watches nowadays.

solrac

this watch is gorgeous. but what would deter me is the size. i dont need a 50mm but a 40mm chrono? i find that small. still, the day-date speedy is a badass watch. i'm frankly, torn.

so my bottom-line is this -- if it were given to me, i'd treasure it. but i wouldn't actively go out and buy one.

Or4n6e

Moon watch, great timeless classic...