Sign in to follow this  
the_trader

How long does your Rolex last for??

the_trader

Hi all. I just want to know how long does any replica watch can last for?

I want to buy DSSD but i had bad experience in the past, from other suppliers , so i want to try BK. Basically can you give me straight answer, under good conditions can watch last for 1 year or 2 years or more or less??

If watch stops can supplier repair it ,for additional charge or no, or i need to send watch to any repair centre,where,how??

I need just straight answers. I'm asking questions in the name of all new buyers, this is very important question, because it doesn't matter if i received very good replica watch, if that watch stop working after 6 months or so! Thank you.

greg_r

If serviced when it needs it, a rep with a decent movement should last many many years (as long as a gen with equivalent movement).

Thread moved to GD as it's not feedback

jeffw69
:suicide:

daeffy

Bought a Small Egi from Davidsen and it lasted 30 seconds (plus the bezel was loose as was the crown). Bought a Small Egi from fake Davidsen by mistake and it's rock solid and still running - go figure.

Guyute

Bought a fantastic rep and it lasted well into the time it took me to drop it :(

James.

What are you planning on doing with the DSN egi, daeffy?

daeffy

What are you planning on doing with the DSN egi, daeffy?

I lent it to a friend who's trying to learn watch repair. I don't think he's even opened it yet. Interested in playing with it?

TheSav

A lot of how long a rep lasts is going to depend on how well you treat it. I have heard of some people's lasting for years.

James.

Might be, if/once your mates done with it. Not for a while though, got a 6254 to finish 1st :facepalm:

the_trader

Thank you very much for help. In this thread you can write your feedback for watches only (not for sellers), so new buyers can come and check feedback and have more information before they buy anything. Basically it depends of the luck how long watch can last..

I bought my first rep one month ago, and it was all ok when received,very very good looking, but it lasted only 2 days! Seller was very helpful and after 3. day he told me to return the watch for repair or refund, so i choose refund, money refunded after 20 days, (you don't get money for shipping charges, and you pay for shipping charges to China or elsewhere!!!), so basically after my bad experience i lost about £40 !

I just told seller to be more careful, because watch lasted only 2 days, only 2 days!!! and i paid 398usd !!! watches for 3usd last for 7 days! so bad luck and i don't know what to tell. Maybe with new seller i will have more luck, so i will try new seller and leave feedback again here so you guys can see and compare how long watches last for.

It doesn't matter if it's good looking when received, i see you are excited when you receive watch, but if it stop after 6 months, then how much to pay for repair or is it possible to repair it????

Guyute

Mine lasts all night long, if the girl is hawt! Yeah, baby! :lol:

TheSav

You got you money back. That's a win IMO.

Also people don't need to just post feedback on watches here. That is what the WHOLE forum is for.

greg_r

ANY watch can fail within a short time. I have a gen Victorinox Ambassador (RRP £890) that failed within six months of purchase. It's currently away for repair.

On the other hand I have a rep Rolex datejust that's now about 13 years old and still going strong...

Stuvetjee

Really depends on movement.

21J : (depends luck) you've got to be lucky (got one and is 3years old now)

Asian Clone: (after 3 years service) works almost as good as swiss, but if it needs service or repair try 10:10, Le Wiz, KeNnY

Swiss ETA: (after 4 years) works great, but dont think they are using complete new ETA movements. But if you got a swiss mov you can simply bring it to your local watchsmith. Even if it is a rep, watchsmiths look at the inside ;)

Good luck on your quest!:P

jcglobal

Got one president going on 15 years, no service, dont wear it a lot still runs. And is is a cheapie.

Others with 2813, going over 3 years worn in rotation.

I'd say you can service them or wait until they show signs of needing service then get a new movement put in and forgetaboutit.

With the gens Omegas and rolex, brieitling, the service intervals are like 4-5 years and you will spend $500US to have it done.

I have a buddy who needs a new movement for his Breitling, because he didnt follow the service schedule and is worn out. They quoted him $1800 for the movement, for a watch he could replace new for $3500 to $3800.

I have a pulsar quartz from 1983 which had one service for $60 2 years ago and runs fine, and one seiko auto from 1971 which I used to wear every day for years in hs and college, did one service about 5 years ago at seiko center, for $80 runs fine.

J.Eric

I have two cheapies that have lasted 14 years and one asain clone that is only a year old that has given me constant issues.

The rest have been fine with no service so far.

SSTEEL

I have an old Eddie Lee LV Sub with Swiss ETA 2836-2 which is still running like a champ, and is almost 8 years old now. I will be getting it serviced though once I have modded the case its in, CG's etc.

I also have an 8 year old 21J Breitling Windrider, and this is running well still too, but when this one dies, it dies, noting lost, only cost me around £50 back then, so money well spent.

chewie1983

ive got a rep omega planet ocean, think its a Japanese automatic movement, ive worn it every day now for about 4 years and its still working and keeping good time

highergame

(took jeffs gun and repeated process)

KrakDrazh

Have had my 42PO sub from WI in about half a year and wore it 20 times before it broke down. Is a 2824 movement something, so just need to leave it to my watchsmith.

Farminho

Got a high beat Datejust given to me about 11 years ago and it has only just died on me. Gutted; but plan on buying a new high beat DJ and swapping the dial.