Sign in to follow this  
bolo33

IWC 2006 or 2007

bolo33

So I've been looking at both of these fine watches. I am undecided on which version of the IWC AT to get. I really like the 2006 version as it is not as flashy and look more "classic." The thing is, I've read about both of them and have a few wondering questions that I'd like to get the experts opinions on.

How hard is it to put the veneer wood on the case back of the 06?

How much modding will I have to do on both 2006 and 2007?

Any good dealers out there for those watches?

What are the lume's like?

IWC has grown on me the last few months.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Member X

Got any links to pics for us lazy people? :rofl: lol ;)

dingle
Got any links to pics for us lazy people? ;) lol :lol:

:kick:

Luthier

Bolo, I have 06, and it's the best watch ever. There's sticker on the back, imitating wood veneer, and I'm very OK with it, because I work with wood, and I perfectly know, what will happen with real veneer in a few months.

07 looks like a plastic toy.

A-1.jpg

KBH

I had the 06 with the wood veneer. Somebody did a tutorial on how to change it but it was pretty difficult as I recall. I sold it because unless you have very large wrists, the rubber strap isn't very comfortable. The lume is OK. Just regular rep lume.

If the bracelet like Luthier's was available back then I probably would have kept it.

bolo33

Do these watches need to be serviced in order for the chrono to work correctly?

Luthier

I have many watches with A7750 chrono mov't, and wear it for years, never serviced, and all works perfectly.

So, no worries.

Luthier
I had the 06 with the wood veneer. Somebody did a tutorial on how to change it but it was pretty difficult as I recall. I sold it because unless you have very large wrists, the rubber strap isn't very comfortable. The lume is OK. Just regular rep lume.

If the bracelet like Luthier's was available back then I probably would have kept it.

It's not available even now, but Mary found a few bracelets for me, and I made one, that fits just perfectly.

I don't like rubber.

bolo33

Thanks Luthier! Did you source the watch from Mary as well? I am leaning towards the 2006. Seems like there is a lot you can do to mod these watches just from reading through the forums.

Luthier
Thanks Luthier! Did you source the watch from Mary as well? I am leaning towards the 2006. Seems like there is a lot you can do to mod these watches just from reading through the forums.

Yes, I bought almost all my watches from Mary, including this IWC.

Luto

I don't know about the reps but I do prefer the 2006 design ATs

bolo33

I agree that the 2006 is definitely the better looking model....now I have to figure out which rep dealer to get it from