Sign in to follow this  
Mappe

dress watch

Mappe

I am on the search for a dress watch to use at the office. I have been looking at jeager lecoultre Master control - I know it is not so exciting but I like it because it is discrete...

However, do any here have any experience of jaeger reps? You do not hear so much about them here at the forum. Am I the only one that is thinking of buying a jaeger?

I have read some review that were not that good - any advice?

alange

I was recently in the market for something similar.

Although I ended up going with an IWC Portofino (from Josh) I agree that the JLC Master Control is a v. classy watch :)

edited - spelling

Edited by alange

Mappe

agree, IWC is really nice, been looking at the ingenieur vintage as well. But I have got some doubts, it seems like the front glass is not domed as the original...

bowtiefanatc

I just purchased an IWC Ingenieur on M2M which will definitely be my new dress watch. Can't wait for it to arrive next week.

Jetpac

IWC Portuguese

Cartier Santos 100

2 top Dress watches.

NFleischer

DSCN0081.jpg

I really like the A. Lange & Sohne Datograph. If the Gold is too much, you can get the SS version.

Soldie

I will be getting a JL Tourb. There are newer versions with more complications but my TD says they are from a different factory and lesser quality. A shame because I like the new dials.

746_heuer

DSCN0081.jpg

I really like the A. Lange & Sohne Datograph. If the Gold is too much, you can get the SS version.

This Lange (in SS) would be my choice today if I were going to buy a dress watch. Also, if I had more wrist I'd go for a Radiomir, it's stunning with a suit.

If you want auto, then maybe a white portofino chrono or a pam 312 are in my wishlist.

If you're into watches with time zones, jaeger master geographique http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=38471

If you want ss bracelet and don't have a big wrist, this is THE watch http://people.timezone.com/msandler/Articles/Clymer/ClymerRO08s.jpg (I haven't seen the big version repped, but it's probably ot there). Also, Rolex DayDate.

For a cleaner face, Ingenieur, Rolex datejust...

I probably made your decission more difficult, but I think I covered the main things to look for when choosing a watch.

LightGeek

This is what I have coming so far:

rupujuge.jpg

ynu3y7es.jpg

aryvyve9.jpg

natumyze.jpg

The ALS I'm hoping to swap for dual white dial instead of the silver power reserve right now. If not, I'm taking it as it is.

746_heuer

That lange has two seconds hands? The gen is a dual time, I think they could have made it a little bit closer

LightGeek

That lange has two seconds hands? The gen is a dual time, I think they could have made it a little bit closer

It's a power reserve dial, not the dual time. I'm not worried about these not being close due to the awesome budget value prices :)

746_heuer

It's a power reserve dial, not the dual time. I'm not worried about these not being close due to the awesome budget value prices :)

I know I know, the functions are different, but the dial at 6 is also seconds right?

LightGeek

I know I know, the functions are different, but the dial at 6 is also seconds right?

Ah now I know what you mean. Yes, I'll be removing the primary seconds hand when I fix the slightly crooked 6 marker.

jeffrx

IWC Portofino is a nice conservative design

yawn

JLC is my most favourite brand, too bad there is no decent rep for a JLC dressing watch.

Mappe

Great suggestions, I think that I am looking for something conservative, like the portofino, it is simple which i like. But I have not found any ultimate version of that watch, no AR coating for example.

I would also love to find a good version of the VC patrimony, very clean too

Shaqv2

It would have been awesome if the Portuegese rep worked well. Its a beautiful watch.

Does anyone know if there is a JLC master control super rep?

PeterPotamus

my top 3 dress watches

110813042_zpse0824b49.jpgvc001_zps1d3a74fa.jpg30062013046_zps0e183dd6.jpg

psantos1091

Would you buy this? Its my concept of the watch I'll have in a few months

Dial%20Idea_zpsx07goqyl.jpg