Sign in to follow this  
replicastuff

it had to happen one time, customs

Takken

No that's the problem. But it may be enough saying the content is a fashion watch of some sort. Did the letter say that they already have opened the package?

Wish you best of luck anyway.

Eadesy
UK!

Good luck, as a fellow uk member i hope it pans out ok for you!

Let us know how you get on! Did they say if they had opened it up? Or did they just want clarification of what is was?

jmac3789

I was caught out with a delivery to Switzerland from Sinowatches last year. A Rolex. A similar thing happened, no watch and a letter from customs, then a letter from Rolex lawyers.

Customs said the watch was being forwarded to Rolex, Rolex said the watch was a counterfeit and I had broken the law, then they attempted to fine me 750 CHF (approx £400). I wrote back apologising pleading my ignorance and thankfully the fine was waived. I never got a replacement and basically lost $400 plus potentially a lot more. The watch was destroyed. I never heard again from Sino either.

Please can you tell me which dealer sent your item? I'm about to part with another $550 at Toro and am now concerned (this will be to the UK). I really don't want to lose out again.

Thanks and good luck.

Check the laws in your country before answering the letter. I'm based in the US and it is not illegal to own or buy replica (counterfeit) merchandise here. It is only illegal to sell. I'm not sure how things work in Europe but if Rolex told me that I needed to pay a fine I'd get a good kick out of that. Like I said, I'm basing this off of US laws but a corporation cannot impose a fine on anyone who they don't have an agreement with under contract of some sort. I can't imagine things working differently elsewhere in the civilized world. I think it's just a way to scare people out of buying a replacement rep.

alange

I was caught out with a delivery to Switzerland from Sinowatches last year. A Rolex. A similar thing happened, no watch and a letter from customs, then a letter from Rolex lawyers.

Customs said the watch was being forwarded to Rolex, Rolex said the watch was a counterfeit and I had broken the law, then they attempted to fine me 750 CHF (approx £400). I wrote back apologising pleading my ignorance and thankfully the fine was waived. I never got a replacement and basically lost $400 plus potentially a lot more. The watch was destroyed. I never heard again from Sino either.

Please can you tell me which dealer sent your item? I'm about to part with another $550 at Toro and am now concerned (this will be to the UK). I really don't want to lose out again.

Thanks and good luck.

Check the laws in your country before answering the letter. I'm based in the US and it is not illegal to own or buy replica (counterfeit) merchandise here. It is only illegal to sell. I'm not sure how things work in Europe but if Rolex told me that I needed to pay a fine I'd get a good kick out of that. Like I said, I'm basing this off of US laws but a corporation cannot impose a fine on anyone who they don't have an agreement with under contract of some sort. I can't imagine things working differently elsewhere in the civilized world. I think it's just a way to scare people out of buying a replacement rep.

This. No claim in tort either, as that would be against the seller. I suppose you have technically aided and abetted a crime by purchasing a rep but still, I really wouldn't worry. At least not in the UK.

Hope this all works out for you. I am guessing from the title of this thread that you already have a decent amount of reps :D

the deacon

There is a thread over on rwi or RG, which happened during the Olympics. Someone challenged the customs and relieved their watch.

They have made it a VIP thread tho.. So either get VIP or ask someone nicely.......

wish i'd never read this thread as ordered my first rep ,newbie on here ,etc,etc,but my tracking shows "awaiting customs clearance"

coventry!!

fingers crossed and promise of pics upload if it arrives;)

SeptemberSun

Thanks and good luck.

Quite right. As far as I know, Australia is the same. One thing that needs to be considered is that Paypal and WU and I'm sure other services have agreements that you sign off on implicitly once you send funds. It is against their rules for someone to send money if that act is encouraging illegal activity. Not sure what they can do beyond banning you from using their service...

nyckid

Thanks and good luck.

That site was taken down by the way.

Hazz

Any update on this, I know the watch hasn't been recieved as yet.

Is it going any further.

cragster

if twas me i would completely deny all knowledge,,,watch ,,what watch,i havent ordered a watch !!or say you had a lodger who has now left ,maybe it was him.confuse the buggers