Sign in to follow this  
dalboy

Lume !! are you bothered ??

dalboy

Lume !!

Some people are not too worried about the lume on a rep, after all there is always the service's of a modder here to sort out your weak glow !!

On the other hand some of you out there are quite anal about the lume on your watch rep or not..i admit to falling into the later category..Having been in this hobby for donkeys years this has always been a topic of contention.

Forget the so called super lume jobs that dealers advertise, i'm talking about the m2m sales across all the forums...watch advertised, description, including the ubiquitous lume shot...where upon arrival the lume is as bright as an Essex blonde..( Really dim or none at all ) to all our non UK members...

Yes i'm aware of all the tricks to give a good lume shot, but am growing tiresome of inaccurate descriptions....so please !! when you advertise a watch for sale be honest..no LED torch charges of the lume 20 seconds prior to the photo shot..after all...we can all do that..

This is not aimed at any member here..so any simularities are purley coincidental...

Rant over

Dal.

carus007

Seiko Monster best Lume I have ever seen!

dalboy

Seiko Monster best Lume I have ever seen!

Seiko dive master ......Awesome..my daily.!!

Chavezzito

I actually find the pics pretty nice but in general I really don´t care about how the lume is...I sleep with my eyes closed :D

carus007

Lume does not bother me really, But its nice to show off with!

Would not stop me from buying a watch

Indigo38
the lume is as bright as an Essex blonde..

:giggle:

arancini

Another in the camp for strong lume.

I like to place my watch by my bedside and prefer it has strong lume.

My bone is not with the M2M sales, but with some manufacturers falsely claiming Superlume.

Bit annoyed tbh at the recent KW 312 offering saying it was Superlumed when in fact it's as dark as the bottom of a forty-foot Well.

Unfortunately, finding someone here in Australia who does lume is nigh impossible.

Sending it to Goin in Taiwan as an alternative isn't the best option either due to the long time delay.

dalboy

Lume does not bother me really, But its nice to show off with!

Would not stop me from buying a watch

Russ.

ever had a watch relumed ?

KeNnY

YES ! The shine of relumed watches by me is always blinding me, impossible to read time then :(

DSC_0265.jpg

carus007

Had Superlumed but not Relumed,

If that makes a diiference?

James.

Lume is largely irrelevant for me. Then again, all the watch I own ore either "superlume" which is adequate, or "vintage" and there's nothing as ridiculous as a vintage watch that glows like a lightsabre.

dalboy

YES ! The shine of relumed watches by me is always blinding me, impossible to read time then :(

DSC_0265.jpg

:lmao:

dalboy

Had Superlumed but not Relumed,

If that makes a diiference?

Isn't that the same...

Why ??

Markrfc

Lume all the way for me light them up.

arancini

Lume is largely irrelevant for me. Then again, all the watch I own ore either "superlume" which is adequate, or "vintage" and there's nothing as ridiculous as a vintage watch that glows like a lightsabre.

Works for Luke Skywalker!

Lukeonskiff_zps6687acfa.png

Martinjogs

I am in the not interested camp, I like other features more like a good AR. It looks kinda cool in photos but practical use???

dalboy

Forget vintage watches ..they were never intended to be lumed unless there were diver's of course.

Frankt8242

About on a par with "happy feet" and the dreaded "sunken date wheel"....On a scale of 1-10, a solid ZERO!!! :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Whorologist

not too bothered about lume at all. If its dark and i need to know the time ill just use my phone

dalboy

not too bothered about lume at all. If its dark and i need to know the time ill just use my phone

Do you sleep with your phone on your wrist ??

alange

Forget vintage watches ..they were never intended to be lumed unless there were diver's of course.

I agree.

Whorologist

nope. I dont sleep with a watch on my wrist either. Both phone and watch rest safely on the side table :)

However I will admit that for me there are times when lume is useful or shall i say super lume is useful. I go sailing every so often and when im doing over night races, a watch with good lume is very handy

Hazz

I do, and my phone is down stairs on charge over night.......I personally like a good strong lume.........................

conx

I've never understood the obsession with lume. I'm happy with whatever the watch comes with.

I also don't want my watch to light up the room .... Darkness is the only relief I have from looking at the current Mrs Conx!

dalboy

nope. I dont sleep with a watch on my wrist either. Both phone and watch rest safely on the side table :)

However I will admit that for me there are times when lume is useful or shall i say super lume is useful. I go sailing every so often and when im doing over night races, a watch with good lume is very handy

I'd expect that would be a Gen.?