Sign in to follow this  
ed kent

What Should I do?

ed kent

Hi, I bought a replica Breitling Navitimer (from the Replica-Watchestore)and the chrono works (second hand) and the dials at 9 and 6 move (and seem to keep acurate time) however the Main hour and minute hands dont move, I contacted the site where I purchased it from using there reply option and got some instructions from them but this has failed to solve the issues and I am now left with the option of either returning it to them (at my cost) and being left with nothing to show for the money I have spent OR fixing/replacing the movement if that is an option with someone from here?

I am concerned that I will just being throwing more money away if I return it? I propossed they could send me another "working" one and I would send back the faulty one in exchange but (understanably) they just insist I send back the faulty one!

This is the description of the watch taken from there site and the picture:

Swiss Valjoux 7750 Automatic Movement at 28800vph,

High quality solid 316 stainless steel watch case

The bracelet is made from solid 316 stainless steel

The dial of the imitation has a sapphire crystal glass face

Watch water resistant Water-Resistant

The seconds hand has a smooth sweeping motion rather than the usual jumpy tick-tock

Case Material Stainless Steel / White Gold

Model: Polished SS Case and Strap, Black Dial, White Subdials, Silver Stick Makers, Bi-directional Bezel

Movement: Asia 7750 Valjoux Working Chronograph movement, 28800 bph

Functions: Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Date at position 3 position (set via crown), 2.0 Pusher - Start/Stop chrono, 4.00 pusher - reset

Chronograph Functions: Minute at 3, Hour at 6, running second at 9 position

201209290438544255.jpg

jing.jpg

Any help with this would be apreciated?

Regards

Ed

SSTEEL

I'm afraid you are on your own with this one as the place you got your rep from is not a Trusted Dealer here, sorry.

dingle

where are you located?

RichardMiami

Ed

Sorry to tell you, but you have just found out one of the MOST IMPORTANT reasons that RWG exists. We have spent a lot of work in screening and building relationships with our Trusted Dealers (linked to in my sig and on every page). When a member here has an issue with a TD, he can turn to one of the mods, like me, for help.

However, Replica-Watchstore is NOT one of our TDs, So we can not help you.

Many members here found this site after similar bad experiences. In the future, stick with our TDs and you will be fine. Not much we can do with your current situation

ed kent

Thanks for the replys? I was just after general advice from the comunity at large, if i send the watch back will I never hear from them again and will my watch be going off to another sucker just in time for the merry-go-round to start again? I wished i'd heard of this place before parting with my hard earned :death:

I was wondering if as I have a watch whether getting it fixed or the movement replaced could be an idea? Is that sort of thing possible? I am a complete Noob to all this so sorry if I'm asking ridiculous things??

Ed

dingle

WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU LOCATED!?

black263

You just found out why we have Trusted Dealers. To be fair though, even the TD require that a watch be returned before they will do anything. And they are not alone. Even Amazon will not send a second item and then rely on you to return the faulty one afterwards.

What would really impress me with any dealer, if I received a faulty watch, would be to let me buy another, and then refund when the faulty one was returned. That would save the weeks/months of wait without a watch.

vonGluberschmidt

cut your losses and buy a proper piece from a TD.

putting more money in that watch isn't cost effective.

Del

It's possible that if you send it back then you will never see it again, or that it might get returned in full working order - your guess is as good as mine when dealing with an unknown, internet replica watch seller. :dunno:

Depending on where you are located, you could try sending it to one of our Trusted Modders/Repairers for them to have a look for you. There would be a cost though and if a full service of the movement was required then that is not cheap on an Asian 7750 movement.

How much did you pay for the watch?

TheSav
not within shouting distance obviously. :P

ed kent

I'm in Portsmouth Uk

ed kent

And sorry I paid £186

I cant do PM as I am using my work computer but i can send my e-mail address if that helps?

Thanks for the help

Ed

dingle

contact this fella

UK Watch Services

Email: [email protected]

trailboss99

Having a bad day Ding?

ed kent

Thank you very much Ding

Ill e-mail and see where it goes, otherwise i''ll just chalk it up to experiance!

Thank you everyone who's replied :-)

Ed

Steve227

+1 with Ding. Alex not taking work for a few weeks but he'll let you know when, emailed him Monday.

Eadesy
contact this fella

Name: UK Watch Services

Email: [email protected]

Ding, Just for future reference...

Does this guy do repairs/mods within the UK??

Cheers

Edited by Eadesy90

dingle

He is in the UK.

You will have to contact him concerning what type of service you need to see if he is able to do such,

Eadesy

I see, thanks for the info ding.