Sign in to follow this  
f150intally

Rolex Milgauss, Asia 2836, Josh@Perfect Clones

f150intally

Well,

I am new at this so bear with me. I don't have an extremely extensive knowledge of watches but I have learned a hell of a lot in the last month or so. First I want to say that I am SO THANKFUL I found this site to guide me. I am very anal retentive when it comes to research and obviously found this site and its wealth of information quickly.

I will post a feedback thread in Josh's subforum to review the transaction, but overall Josh was great. I have had the watch 6 days now. I picked the watch up last Saturday and immediately took the bracelet apart and followed all the appropriate cleaning/lubrication procedures. I checked all screws, etc. for tightness. There were a couple of screws that were slightly loose on the bracelet. No big deal there. After letting the bracelet soak, I reassembled the watch and sized it appropriately.

The fit and finish of this watch is really outstanding. it is a beautiful piece. I posted delivery pictures in the general forum but included a couple of shots at the bottom of this thread. The clasp on the bracelet doesn't feel real tight, but it hasn't clicked open on me during a 6 days of usage. I work an office job so no extreme movement or activity. I did not really wind the watch much when I reassembled it. After a couple days of very light usage (less than three hours wrist time per day), I woke up Tuesday morning and it had stopped. This was not to be expected as the watch took about 8-9 days to reach me. I carefully wound the watch on Tuesday morning and have worn it 10-12 hours per day since then. Over the course of the last 60 hours the watch has only lost about 9 seconds total. I thought that is pretty impressive based on my research and the fact it is a rep. As I was sitting home eating lunch on Wednesday, the sunlight was coming through the window shutters and was hitting the face of the watch really hard. I did notice in this extreme light situation that there was a slight blemish on the minute hand. I challenge you to see it in the pictures below! Completely unnoticeable unless you have direct light and look at it at a certain angle. Completely acceptable in my opinion considering I don't have unrealistic expectations about rep watches. I think I am lucky (or unlucky) I even noticed it but being as particular as I am it was not unexpected. I also noticed that bracelet was slightly scratched right next to the clasp. This could have been my fault on how the watch rested or something; not sure but I do realize the bracelet will get it's fair share of scratches during normal usage. The rehaut had pretty perfect alignment and the loom is really nice. As a matter of fact I hung my arm out the window driving home tonight and then walked to the mailbox. I noticed the loom glowing pretty good as I walked into the house so I snapped a phone camera shot of it. Thought you may enjoy that photo.

Overall I am very happy with the watch. Like I said I am not a hugely educated person on watches but I am fairly certain that this is a high quality replica. Time will tell on the durability of the watch. I am now researching maintenance schedules for the movement. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Next watch.....Breitling Superocean Steel Fish with blue face. Looking at the deal Toro has going on that!

UPDATE: The clasp that I mentioned earlier (slightly loose) was bothering me so I posted a question in the Watch Repair forum. Lightseeker kindly replied and explained how to tighten it up. Worked like a champ! BTW, i sync'ed the time on it with an atomic clock and after 4-5 days it is six seconds slow. Pretty amazing if you ask me. And, oh, picking up my Breitling SOSF V2 Blue Face from the post office tomorrow!

Thanks for reading.

Jay

WP_20130530_002v2.jpg

IMG_3928.JPGWP_20130525_007.jpg

Edited by f150intally

real_deal07

nice!

g.man

Yes, very nice. These are really growing on me.

regards

g.man

cogwatch

Boy, you really are anal retentive :lol: That's all right, so I'm I. Probably why I've been researching every night for weeks and have yet to pull the trigger on actually buying a rep. Nice looking watch. I never really considered a Milgauss before. But I really like the simple clean look. Great, thanks, another watch to add to my weeks of consideration on what to buy :stars:. Enjoy your new toy and thanks for the pics.

Knackeringham

I like the bra and panties on the floor of the lume shot!

Boycie

Nice pick up.

18e3adec943026113d439fa1784b96b1_zps27297309.jpg

Infinite9928

Nice piece.

stewy014

Looks good!

descobar

Hi

I’m also new to the replica watches. And I don't have a lot of knowledge on the ETA movement, I’ve been doing a lot of research on ETA but there are so much stuff on it. I went to a dozen replica sites and all have the same ETA 2836-2. I’ll look at a Roles Submariner for $80 bucks go to another site same Submariner watch but $300. What the hell… is there anybody that can tell me what the difference between the ETA’s

Here’s why I want a replica watch. I have Rolex’s that I paid a lot of money for, and I wear it every day and I’m starting to see scratches on it so I would like a replica for work and when I go out on the town I’ll wear my other Rolex.

Can anybody give me a good website that won’t rip me off

Edited by descobar