Sign in to follow this  
alange

New IWC Portofino (picture heavy)

alange

Here's my new IWC Portofino, received today :)

2892 automatic movement, it's very nice.

Ordered 4 or 5 days ago from Josh (Perfect Clones) for $278 (plus shipping) - perfect service and no complaints whatsoever.

Full spec is here - http://www.p-cls.com...92-p-12364.html

Only flaws I can find so far on the watch without having opened up the back are 1) that the letters "I W C" are slightly too far apart on the face, and 2) some of the dates on the date wheel are slightly off, or misaligned in relation to each other. But that's it!

I must say I'm very impressed with the overall build quality of this watch. It's known as a 'super rep' and I can see why! I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking for that, though.

I think I'll swap the bracelet fairly soon for a black gator one without the deployment clasp. This one's fine for the mean time though :)

Edited by RichardMiami
pics removed at request of alange

E.R.

Beauty. The distance between the letters dont bother me at all!

Enjoy wearing "m!

LightGeek

Nice! I have it on order (cant wait!) but my go to TD is quite a few shades cheaper :)

TheSav

Very nice mate.

PeterPotamus

very very very nice

Whorologist

Nice!!!

I received mine today as well but it is the newer model with the seconds markers and the red 60 at the 12 position. Same issue with the dates...some are slightly off but other than that this watch is a real beauty. Overall quality is very very good

LightGeek

Same issue with the dates...some are slightly off but other than that this watch is a real beauty. Overall quality is very very good

Hmmmm I love misaligned date overlays. This should be fun...

alange

^ Is there a way to fix them or does the date wheel have to be replaced?

Nice!!!

I received mine today as well but it is the newer model with the seconds markers and the red 60 at the 12 position. Same issue with the dates...some are slightly off but other than that this watch is a real beauty. Overall quality is very very good

It was a tough choice between this and the one you mention. Hope you put up some pics when it arrives, I'll keep my eyes peeled on the forum!

Thanks guys. Like I say I think I'll swap the bracelet for a black gator one soon, I'll probably put up some new pictures if I do.

Next on the hit list is either the Ingénieur Laureus Sport for Good (seen a rep posted here and it looks awesome!) or a Rolex Milgauss I think.

Edited by alange

RussP

Stunning.

I have the same model in Rose Gold with a black dial, but it was not a 'Super' version.

I'd be happy to take the strap off your hands if you do go ahead and replace it with a black 'gator one as intended.

Regards,

Russ.

Whorologist

Same issue with the dates...some are slightly off but other than that this watch is a real beauty. Overall quality is very very good

Hmmmm I love misaligned date overlays. This should be fun...

Are you thinking of fixing the date overlay? Pls tell me more!

^ Is there a way to fix them or does the date wheel have to be replaced?

Nice!!!

It was a tough choice between this and the one you mention. Hope you put up some pics when it arrives, I'll keep my eyes peeled on the forum!

Thanks guys. Like I say I think I'll swap the bracelet for a black gator one soon, I'll probably put up some new pictures if I do.

Next on the hit list is either the Ingénieur Laureus Sport for Good (seen a rep posted here and it looks awesome!) or a Rolex Milgauss I think.

Yes I will be posting pics soon plus a laymans review hopefully.

where are you thinking of buying the gen gator with deployant from?

alange

Stunning.

I have the same model in Rose Gold with a black dial, but it was not a 'Super' version.

I'd be happy to take the strap off your hands if you do go ahead and replace it with a black 'gator one as intended.

Regards,

Russ.

Sorry to mislead you - I'll still be keeping the original strap for whenever I want to wear a tan deployment!

Are you thinking of fixing the date overlay? Pls tell me more!

Yes I will be posting pics soon plus a laymans review hopefully.

where are you thinking of buying the gen gator with deployant from?

I was thinking of replacing it with just a regular black gator strap. I was looking at some of the IWC-style ones they do at thewatchboys but they're out of stock at the minute..

Soldie

To help your thinking the Ingeneur for sport is my favorite watch. Th e dial and execution are excellent. Sport or dress. For what it's worth.

Chairman7w

Where'd the pics go? (not showing up for me)

vishnt

can't see the pics!

Alcander

can't see the pics!

The same. I want to see the pictures, but I can´t..