Sign in to follow this  
machiavegli

First report? Newest version KW Panerai 312 O problem

Kleen™

Thanks for the update, Mehmet - I'm glad to hear that this issue has been resolved:-)

sequoia

That is great news!! My 312 is inbound to me within a few days. Can't wait to get it on my wrist!

watchpt

That's great to hear Mehmet. I'm waiting for my exchange as well. I really like this watch and now that the rotor situation is fixed i'm looking forward to your pam388 release again!

Higs

Yes - thanks for the update.

As I said above, it's not an issue for me - it arrived detached, I pushed it back on, it's been fine ever since.

Happy days.

Kleen™

As I said above, it's not an issue for me - it arrived detached, I pushed it back on, it's been fine ever since.

Happy days.

Did you 222 it to prevent the detachment reoccurring?

Higs

Happy days.

Did you 222 it to prevent the detachment reoccurring?

No.

If it comes loose again in daily use I may use something like that but I would prefer to avoid introducing sticky stuff to the movement if I can.

Kleen™

Good call - I would be very hesitant to put glue in the movement as well, unless absolutely necessary.

court

Some have suggested a little crazy glue to ensure it doesn't jump off - if you go that route, be very careful that you don't have any dripping into the rest of the movement and I would try it the first time without that step.

I'd say never ever use crazy glue inside a watch case or on the movement unless you intend to leave it open to the air for a a long long time. These glues are highly volatile and the vapour can't do any good in a closed case set.

Frankt8242

This happened to mine as well after wearing it for a total of four days over two weekends. I definitely didn't drop it, bang it or jump off a building with it. My activity level was going out to dinner, taking my son to basketball practice and going to church.

After opening the case to inspect the rotor I eventually just pushed it back on. An hour later it fell out again. That's when I knew it wasn't a simple fix so I sent it last week back to KW for an exchange. Li was great and agreed to an exchange when he receives the watch. If this happens again i'll just take it to a local watch repair guy. I really like the watch and I even ordered a genuine alligator strap from KW to be sent back with the exchange.

Hopefully this isn't indicative of a problem with the movement because I really like what KW has been doing and am looking forward to the pam388 release with the same movement.a

It was probably the church visit that did it.......The "divine powers" sensed that you were entering hallowed space wearing a "blasphemous" fake watch, and "Saint Panerai" struck!!.... :help3: :help3: :giggle: :giggle:

Edited by Frankt8242

watchpt

The thought did cross my mind Frankt8242! :lol:

black263

So we have a known production fault with a limited run of watches. What would you like a perfect dealer to do. In my opinion, perfection would be

1. Come clean about the problem. (Done)

2. Contact the buyers, without waiting for the watch to break and them to complain.

3. Have them send the watch back, fix and return it (good) or on request send them a replacement rotor FOC (better)

4. If they have chosen to send the watch back, give a credit for the postage against the next purchase.

5. Accept the congratulations of the forum for exceptional customer service.

6. Sell lots more watches to happy forum members.

7 Make even more money.

sequoia
So we have a known production fault with a limited run of watches. What would you like a perfect dealer to do. In my opinion, perfection would be

1. Come clean about the problem. (Done)

2. Contact the buyers, without waiting for the watch to break and them to complain.

3. Have them send the watch back, fix and return it (good) or on request send them a replacement rotor FOC (better)

4. If they have chosen to send the watch back, give a credit for the postage against the next purchase.

5. Accept the congratulations of the forum for exceptional customer service.

6. Sell lots more watches to happy forum members.

7 Make even more money.

What he said!!

ZellerFTW

This is why I'll stick with the previous generation 312... Normal 7750 rotor! ;)

watchnutz

Wow, that looks nice! Shame about the issue.

SMP_from_RWI

I hope this issue is really sorted out fast as I want this watch for its good looking movement more than any other aspects

Bash64

I think it speaks volumes about this dealer who follows a thread and is willing to report on the situation and the fact they have taken steps to address it. They have also made it right for those that reported a problem.

I appreciate Mehmet's work and his effort to communicate with us and deal with the issue.

erok68

Bash64 i agree with your statement, Mehmet seems to be one of the most customer oriented dealers and do not feed us with BS.

Mehmet is my nr 1 from now on, :-)

Remember,, it takes time to build a name for yourselfe but just seconds to brake.

Hope to see more reps with this quality in the future and embrace artists like KW with lots of respect

If you ever starttaking things too seriously,,, just remember that we are TALKING monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe..........;-)