Sign in to follow this  
baxter

Hearing some bad news from china

Baldrick
In addition, Baldrick decreed that those who choose to serve their country are simple-minded fools.

Most times the shoe does fit......especially when they post on this forum...and tell us that their drill instructor advised them to stay way from Americans and European ex-pats...'cos they're most likely paedophiles and sexual deviants....DUH !!!! ;)

my little brother is over there in Afghanistan getting shot at and avoiding IED attack daily.

Yeah...but at least he's winning 'hearts and minds'......ehh !!!

bammer7
In addition, Baldrick decreed that those who choose to serve their country are simple-minded fools.

Most times the shoe does fit......especially when they post on this forum ;)

We can only aspire to the admirable level of bravery you display everyday on your keyboard.

Baldrick

It's a hard task...I think it's beyond your capabilities ;)

bammer7

Well, at least through your words, you've laid bare the need to reconsider the assumed correlation between post count and value/character.

Baldrick

I don't place ANY value or emphasis on post count....it tells us nothing...a little bit like your post :B):

daeffy

I agree with Bammer on this one, Baldrick. Your disrespect of men of service in pursuit of proving that you have the biggest forum penis is in poor taste - senior poster or not.

jacobarch

( . )( . )

Baldrick
I agree with Bammer on this one, Baldrick. Your disrespect of men of service in pursuit of proving that you have the biggest forum penis is in poor taste - senior poster or not.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion.....as am I, ..I have every respect for those who fought for their country...WW I / WW II veterans.....unfortunately in the present conflicts..they're not doing that...ergo...I'm not required or obliged to respect those who are fighting ideologically / politically flawed and jingoistic operations in other nations... !

dainese

mmmm, not convinced,may be a tall tale.

You must have the longest signature. Ever :giggle:

Xebryus
( . )( . )

8==D~•~• (}-:

DG335
So, you're a frackin' 2 week millionaire and suddenly YOU know all about it......I've lived in Thailand on and off since 1986 and permanently since 2003....speak Thai fluently, married to a Thai......not to mention all the trips to China......traveled and done business throughout Laos, Vientiane, Cambodia, Vietnam and having lived and worked in Saitama for 3 years.......and you think you're in the know.

Where are you now?

Cos I'm in my home in Thailand.....90 mins from BKK.....and a 3 baht tel call from at least a dozen of my suppliers....and I'm telling YOU......numbnuts........that the situation HAS changed in Thailand.....regardless of your 2 week forays to Patpong market and Boyztown :B):

Backpacking and renting an apartment on the Khao San Rd and visiting Angkor Wat... doesn't conflate to being an EXPERT on Thailand...or Asia !!!

Fantastic read to wake up to Balders.. Thanks.

I'm sure you are right. I live out of the Sheraton on Sukhumvit, Can't say I have anything like your knowledge but even my local BK dealer now can't get higher end stuff as easily as my last trip 2 months ago.

Funnily enough though the visibility of 21j decent copies on stalls was higher than ever. I remember 3 months ago each store holder only having shit $30 shit stuff on display with runners everywhere for police. Recently they , even the bag shops, all looked relaxed.

I have a factory in rayong and the whole emphasis from the govt is to push Thailand into a more respectable trading partner. It'll be interesting to see where this takes counterfeit and sex trade issues.

Zachthebaker

is retiring at 50 a big accomplishment? seriously? because my financial advisor has told me at worst case Id retire at 50..

LJDRVR

Hey mods, how about showing all the children and their egomaniacal pissing contest thread to the door. This is a replica watch forum. Give 'em all a month off and delete this stupid thread.

Baldrick

+1m DG....you're obviously aware of the geo-political situation that Thailand is facing...with vast concessions to the US presently.

In the past..ALL seizures were organised by the BIB...totally corrupt......but this new department that has been set up is far more punitive and active than the local police....if a dealer is carrying more than $25,000 dollars worth of stock...they're deemed a wholesaler and there is no more 'buy-back' from the BIB....it's heavy punishment time. !!

bammer7

Well, you're entitled to your opinion.....as am I, ..I have every respct for those who fought for their country...WWII veterans.....unfortunately in the present conflicts..they're not doing that...ergo...I'm not required or obliged to respect those who are fighting ideologically / politically flawed and jingoistic operations in other nations... !

Your self-adoration blinds you to you biases and now causes you to miscast your own words. You didn't question the appropriateness of specific military campaigns, you maligned the motives of each and every individual who makes the individual choice to put their life on the line, when they join the military, for something other than themselves.

Your level of self-absorption and aggrandizement (the need to inform of your vast fortune, as you referred to it) has reached the point that your psyche must reject the idea that someone, of their own free will, could choose to sacrifice for something beyond their own personal gain, and instead, you dismiss their personal actions as those of misguided fools.

Congrats, you're the man.

trailboss99

Well, you're entitled to your opinion.....as am I, ..I have every respct for those who fought for their country...WWII veterans.....unfortunately in the present conflicts..they're not doing that...ergo...I'm not required or obliged to respect those who are fighting ideologically / politically flawed and jingoistic operations in other nations... !

Your self-adoration blinds you to you biases and now causes you to miscast your own words. You didn't question the appropriateness of specific military campaigns, you maligned the motives of each and every individual who makes the individual choice to put their life on the line, when they join the military, for something other than themselves.

Your level of self-absorption and aggrandizement (the need to inform of your vast fortune, as you referred to it) has reached the point that your psyche must reject the idea that someone, of their own free will, could choose to sacrifice for something beyond their own personal gain, and instead, you dismiss their personal actions as those of misguided fools.

shut-the-f_ck-up.jpg

DG335
+1m DG....you're obviously aware of the geo-political situation that Thailand is facing...with vast concessions to the US presently.

In the past..ALL seizures were organised by the BIB...totally corrupt......but this new department that has been set up is far more punitive and active than the local police....if a dealer is carrying more than $25,000 dollars worth of stock...they're deemed a wholesaler and there is no more 'buy-back' from the BIB....it's heavy punishment time. !!

For sure B. when you first started to go there nobody really gave a shit about $10 copies that fell apart before the trip back on the 747. Now with factories producing $500+ copies that are very close to $15000 versions there's a new effort from govt.

I'm sure stuff will it ill get through..it always does. However it's a bit like global warming..the big events get bigger rather than a general increase in activity day to day.

Baldrick
(the need to inform of your vast fortune, as you referred to it)

Obviously YOU didn't join the military...'cos they would have DEMANDED...minimal comprehension and READING skills......please enlighten me by showing where I stated VAST fortune......and given that it's a relative term...by which set of parameters do you define VAST.

BTW...I'm not blind to my biases...I'm entirely biased and cogniscent of them...particularly against stupidity...deal with it....I can't help you with your narrow-minded world view... :B):

Besides which, if I had sought your opinion...I'd have sent it to you !

bammer7

Obviously YOU didn't join the military...'cos they would have DEMANDED...minimal comprehension and READING skills......please enlighten me by showing where I stated VAST fortune......and given that it's a relative term...by which set of parameters do you define VAST.

BTW...I'm not blind to my biases...I'm entirely biased and cogniscent of them...particularly against stupidity...deal with it....I can't help you with your narrow-minded world view... :B):

Well,you help me out Bald, since you are the one who felt the need to express the original thought. I never "narrowed" this discussion to a single country...I respect any person, irrespective of country, who can weight the greatest human need for survival against the benefit that their service affords...and they still stand up and put their existence on the line. It appears to be you who has narrowed this to the American military.

So, just to clarify the opinion you stated so opaquely, help me please:

1. Are American military members mindless fools?

2. Are Non-American military members mindless fools, smart or just kind of average?

3. Are non-military Americans mindless fools also?

Thanks

James.

This thread seems to've entered the argumentum ad absurdum zone :popcorn:

DG335

Well,you help me out Bald, since you are the one who felt the need to express the original thought. I never "narrowed" this discussion to a single country...I respect any person, irrespective of country, who can weight the greatest human need for survival against the benefit that their service affords...and they still stand up and put their existence on the line. It appears to be you who has narrowed this to the American military.

So, just to clarify the opinion you stated so opaquely, help me please:

1. Are American military members mindless fools?

2. Are Non-American military members mindless fools, smart or just kind of average?

3. Are non-military Americans mindless fools also?

Thanks

Come on B, lets close this one down. I don't think Balders is having a pop at the individuals. Don't get so yee-ha jingoistic about it. Surely we are all bright enough to separate views on political ideology from slurring the good name of the brave men who take up arms on our behalf.

I work for an American company, but as a Brit tend to find some of my US colleagues a little "charge the hill". I love it though.

onzenuub

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, where is the era of posting some nice female boobies in such threads.

jeffw69

shut-the-f_ck-up.jpg

+ 1 MILLION

Wriggles

the last thing TD wants is to create panic, or maybe its a good thing for us to stock-piling?

If Baldrick and Luth are saying there's a crackdown and a shift in how the authorities are handling this, then I am very much inclined to believe them.

@Daeefy, as Yawn has intimated, Josh is a TD and with all due respect to Josh, his business would be affected if there was a panic over this, people may stop buying worried they'll never get their rep....so it's in his interests to tell you there's no big deal....Baldrick and Luth have no such vested interests (with the exception of the RWG watch but that is hardly relevant here) so if they say this is a cause for concern then you should listen...

Ultimately, rep's will still be made, as to availability that's a different kettle of fish.....if this issue does impact and continue then supply and demand surely will dictate in the medium to longer term a marked increase in the prices due to low supply and probably increased demand....

As for dr_v, had a run in with him before, irrational in argumentation, tends to just rely on abuse to make his point....and after the M2M debacle the other day, on my avoid list

onzenuub

Oke, thread closed.

closed.jpg