Sign in to follow this  
dave0280

Can TD's source spares yet?

dave0280

Hi all - I know the answer is ask them yourself but before I type out many emails do any of you experienced folk know if its worth even asking - looking for a 42mm Omega PO bezel from the new ceramic range (as the pearl position is bang on) for my v5 non ceramic.

Is it worth me asking or will they only really send watches whole - don't like the ceramic as much as my v5. From a quick search it seems that the TDs don't or can't source spares but wondered if this has changed recently?

PS If this is the case anyone got a spare bezel with correct pearl psition lying around....

RichardMiami

Ask the TDs directly, you have nothing to lose but a few emails.

If you want to buy the bezel, just put a post in the WTB section.

greg_r

Many TDs will supply SOME spares (WI and SIlix are a good place to start - others may too, but buy a watch at the same time). Do, however, please bear in mind that not everything is available - not all parts are available from the maker.

Libertatia

Well I asked a handful of td's trying to source a bp sub gasket (a very popular watch), and they all said straight no.

dave0280

Its got to be worth a shot - bought a replacement bezel from Wholesaleretailoutlet on ebay as they said the pearl position is perfect but received it last week and its worse than the rep bezel! I'll let you all know how i get on.

Dave

Eadesy

I'm sure they would rather you buy a new watch rather than the replacement piece...

I would any if I were in their position ;)

RichardMiami

Don't take this as snarky.......................... unless you want to...

but has the cost of email postage gone up when I was out of town? Last time I checked, it was free to ask......

Odyseus

Apparantly, Noob factory will not sell spares!

dave0280

Don't take this as snarky.......................... unless you want to...

but has the cost of email postage gone up when I was out of town? Last time I checked, it was free to ask......

No offence taken mate - after doing a search it seems no-one has any luck so just thought i'd ask to see if any of you gents had any good news stories and i'd try those TDs first. I'll whack some emails out and let you know what responses i get.

Edited by dave0280

stewzzy

Watch international will source for you. mary has sent me Rolex DSSD dial and minute/hour hand markers with no problem and very decent prices :)

masmannan

I enquired about an AP Diver buckle with TDs on a few weeks ago. Interestling, prices ranged from $30-$95. So, shop around folks. I got the buckle for $27 including shipping.

Perhaps some TDs see parts as a way to demonstrate their service and hope to get more valuable business. Others perhaps see it as a nuisance.

Masmannan

Odyseus

Watch international will source for you. mary has sent me Rolex DSSD dial and minute/hour hand markers with no problem and very decent prices :)

..as I said so long as the parts are not from the Noob factory (BP factory will supply parts OK)

Sunny Puddi

WI are my point of call for buckles etc.

dave0280

Update - WI are the TDs to contact, they found me a ceramic bezel although it wasn't quite as good as expected so declined but they communicated, sourced and took pictures in record time, shame it wasn't a great pearl position but top service nonetheless. Highly recommended.

Monty010

I inquired for a new dial and hands for my moony with Mary over at WI and they could get them. Andrew could also but only if I spent a grand worth of watches. So I'd check wit WI.

Odyseus

+1000 for Mary & Rochest, probably worth buying a watch at the same time to make it worth their while :)

dave0280

+1000 for Mary & Rochest, probably worth buying a watch at the same time to make it worth their while :)

Yep - I'm looking at the IWC MkVII after seeing one at my local AD - the v2 are stunning so may be next on the hit list.

Odyseus

What I usually do , is to decide if I want to re-lume the watch I am going to buy then buy a spare and hand set (usually a dial costs $20 and a hand set $15) so if I balls up, I have a spare at the ready..Also bought a couple of spare A2836-2 movements from WI..just in case :)

SamGold

When I was looking for a 3714 I wanted to buy a spare buckle and WI & TT send it wasnt possible, Asked silix and I got it no hassle, so Id probably give them a shout if I wanted any parts