Sign in to follow this  
Chr1st0c

Rep buying days ... Over !

Chr1st0c

I guess it was always going to go down this road for me .... But I think my rep buying days are over ... The simple act of paying for something that you want has become a huge mission and it's only going to get worse .... I asked the TD's for pricing on a PO Ceramic and Seawolf, but I cant seem to find a way to pay for them .... No one seems to take Paypal anymore, and with me living 120km from the closest WU agent, over and above the fact that we cannot transact online with WU means I am royally screwed....

So thank you very much to all the assholes that have lodged paypal disputes trying to scam the TDs. You have managed to screw up a perfectly good system! Well done !

Today my last properly working rep started with it's shit ! .... It's safe to say that my track record with this has been dismal.. At best !

I just cant do this anymore ... I will stay a member of this forum forever, because of my love for watches and the incredible amount of knowledge that all the good people here bring to the table ...

I have a couple of Gens on my radar and I think I will be better off saving up for them ....

Will pop in from time to time to see what the Rep world has to offer ...and who knows ... .Maybe one day some of the TDs will actually take the money I am looking to give away!

Odyseus

What a Bummer!! :(

sgtguk

What about M2M sales mate :suck: don't give up !

rickyrosey

you can always buy form the M2M section?

watchguysydney

No online WU?

Which country is this?

You could send a TT (Telegraphic transfer) to the bank account of the dealer if they will let you. Some of them do accept credit cards.

It's not over yet my friend - there's always a way.

JW8

I find a lot of the TD's are open to a direct bank transfer if you can do that online?

greg_r

Things are just going back to the way they were a few years back when it was WU or wire transfer only, I'm afraid. Been predicting it for a while now, but with PP's restrictive practices (not to mention, as you say, the asshole factor), PP was never going to last.

Anyhow - glad you're planning to stick around, mate. Although the R in RWG stands for Replica, we're really a general-purpose watch forum, so talk of gens is very very welcome indeed :)

Kaiser

Don't Josh and Andrew accept CC payments?

Chr1st0c

No online WU?

Which country is this?

You could send a TT (Telegraphic transfer) to the bank account of the dealer if they will let you. Some of them do accept credit cards.

South Africa mate .... There is only one of our major banks that deal with WU and I dont have an account with them.

The bank charges on a bank transfer is ridiculous, so that is not an option ....

Paypal was just quick and easy .... No queues ... No Paperwork .... I could do it anywhere in the world in 1 minute .... Easy ... The way it should be !

Gbkirsch

Disgusting behavior by a few effects the rest of us! It's a shame...

TheSav

That sucks. As said M2M is always an option hey, at least we'll still get to ogle pics of your future gen purchases :)

Chr1st0c

I find a lot of the TD's are open to a direct bank transfer if you can do that online?

I cannot do transfers online either ... All paperwork and queues !

Chr1st0c

Things are just going back to the way they were a few years back when it was WU or wire transfer only, I'm afraid. Been predicting it for a while now, but with PP's restrictive practices (not to mention, as you say, the asshole factor), PP was never going to last.

Anyhow - glad you're planning to stick around, mate. Although the R in RWG stands for Replica, we're really a general-purpose watch forum, so talk of gens is very very welcome indeed :)

Greg ...

You did call it .. a long time ago ... But I was really hoping that you were wrong ... Just for once in your life .. But as always, you were on the money !

RussP

What about M2M sales mate :suck: don't give up !

+1

Been spending most of my hard-earned in the M2M section.

Reliable, quick and PayPal friendly......... :thumbsup2:

baxter

real shame chr1stOc ..... still as others have said what you want will pop up on M2M and looking forward to seeing those gens :)

mostling

Yeah that sucks, but there are other options though besides M2M.

Not a TD here but is over @ RWI http://www.intime.co/ they take CC payments, my brother ordered there and had no problems at all i believe, i have a watch inbound from them as we speak too, will report back once it arrives.

jeffw69

Greg ...

You did call it .. a long time ago ... But I was really hoping that you were wrong ... Just for once in your life .. But as always, you were on the money !

actually, I do believe that it was I who called it many moons ago.

I think I should get credit for that.......... and maybe a title.

:lol:

Glad that you are sticking around man!

Mystery Shopper

It might be cheaper to move to a different town. :Thinking:

SSTEEL

Sorry to hear about this mate, but it you do want to buy a rep, I would be happy to help. I can pay via WU, you can pay me via Paypal. I give the dealer your address, I forward the tracking, and QC photos to your email. hows that sound?

NodgerRocks

Toro accepts credit card, I used mine on Monday!

It was like buying a watch without effecting your bank account ;)

Chr1st0c

Sorry Jeff .... You ALSO / Firstly called it !

Give credit where it's due .... even if it's just a little !

This is really sad to me ...

I just got a call from my local AD telling me that the Gen Omega rubber strap and deployment clasp (black with orange stitching ) has arrived !

The plan was to have it look like this

23232422101005-20_zps7163da93.png

watchguysydney

No online WU?

Which country is this?

South Africa mate .... There is only one of our major banks that deal with WU and I dont have an account with them.

The bank charges on a bank transfer is ridiculous, so that is not an option ....

Paypal was just quick and easy .... No queues ... No Paperwork .... I could do it anywhere in the world in 1 minute .... Easy ... The way it should be !

Not sure what you mean about WU being associated with a bank. Here in AUS they are stand alone.

You can send funds from South Africa to Europe and the US online through WU's website. You can link it to your Visa or MasterCard. There are TD's in these geographies.

I also just had a look at the nedbank website and an international TT is R124.50 (about USD12 which is half of what we pay in Australia) so not very expansive at all.

Problem?

watchguysydney

Just with my post above - I tried to edit but couldn't.

In reference to TD's I was referring to some of them having accounts in these geographies not actual locations.

Hope this stops the buzzards circling

LeandroBR
Don't Josh and Andrew accept CC payments?

Good question...:huh:

Del

Perfect Clones (Josh) and TS take credit card - just as easy as Paypal, plus you get about a month's interest free credit! :D

Glad to hear you'll be sticking around though! :thumbsup2:

(I only have one rep now! ;) )