Sign in to follow this  
Chr1st0c

Rep buying days ... Over !

DG335
Sorry Jeff .... You ALSO / Firstly called it !

Give credit where it's due .... even if it's just a little !

This is really sad to me ...

I just got a call from my local AD telling me that the Gen Omega rubber strap and deployment clasp (black with orange stitching ) has arrived !

The plan was to have it look like this

23232422101005-20_zps7163da93.png

Great choice. Bought my gen with same strap but couldn't move from pumpkin bezel!

<RJ>

There must be ways, Take some weeks off and you might find one. I know one td that use http://transferwise.com/ dunno if it works all over the globe though. Its the cheapest ive used so far.

Thang

I think M2M is a good place to shop. I am glad that you decide to stay around and hope that you may find some interest in M2M section.

Chr1st0c

No online WU?

Which country is this?

You could send a TT (Telegraphic transfer) to the bank account of the dealer if they will let you. Some of them do accept credit cards.

It's not over yet my friend - there's always a way.

South Africa mate .... There is only one of our major banks that deal with WU and I dont have an account with them.

The bank charges on a bank transfer is ridiculous, so that is not an option ....

Paypal was just quick and easy .... No queues ... No Paperwork .... I could do it anywhere in the world in 1 minute .... Easy ... The way it should be !

Not sure what you mean about WU being associated with a bank. Here in AUS they are stand alone.

You can send funds from South Africa to Europe and the US online through WU's website. You can link it to your Visa or MasterCard. There are TD's in these geographies.

I also just had a look at the nedbank website and an international TT is R124.50 (about USD12 which is half of what we pay in Australia) so not very expansive at all.

Problem?

What I mean is that WU is not "stand alone" in S.A .... Agents include ABSA Bank ... I am not a customer of theirs, so to do this I would have to open an account with ABSA and pay the associated banking fees every month .... They are the only agent that offers an online option, but again you need to be a customer with an internet banking account ... More bank charges ...

WU2_zpscdb7bd55.jpg

WU3_zpse26873a4.jpg

There is also no online option from WU's website. South Africa is not available as an option when you want to use WU to send with Visa or Mastercard directly.

WU1_zpsd2e508f6.jpg

So you see ... All you guys living in countries that have options should never take that luxury for granted ! And I believe that is why people have no issue lodging that PP dispute and getting money back .... afterward they feel very proud that they fucked over some poor TD and not feel the effect at all. One day when he wants to buy another watch he has a choice of other payment methods ... So who cares ??? In the process other people that may even be more passionate about this hobby / watches got screwed ... BADLY !

Sorry if I sound a little pissed off .... It's probably because I am !

C

SSTEEL

Sorry to hear about this mate, but it you do want to buy a rep, I would be happy to help. I can pay via WU, you can pay me via Paypal. I give the dealer your address, I forward the tracking, and QC photos to your email. hows that sound?

Did you read my offer to help? ^^^

Flaguyinetown

Sorry to hear your frustration!

Down to your last working rep, that's too bad. Been there myself. :)

AP Diver V3 Swiss - still working like a champ

Noob Explorer 2 Asian latest w/ AR cyclops - still working like a champ

Hublot BB v1.5 lite - clasp exploded while wearing it, haven't replaced it. Already sent the watch back once to TD for servicing 7750.

Omega PO 42 mm v3? - Crown permanently popped out - already spend $70 to sent to TD once. :(

Noob GMT2c asian - Keyless works went after 1 week - sold as broken after never wearing

BK Sub C Swiss - worked like a champ, but sold it.

Rollie Daytona seconds @6 7750 - worked like a champ, sold it to member here.

So overall probably not as bad of record on reflection as I keep thinking - 2 movement problems out of 7 reps (both were from the same TD here). Overall 4/7 reps no issues (Although I did pick up the Daytona in a M2M sale--so it was already road tested).

I guess it was always going to go down this road for me .... But I think my rep buying days are over ... The simple act of paying for something that you want has become a huge mission and it's only going to get worse .... I asked the TD's for pricing on a PO Ceramic and Seawolf, but I cant seem to find a way to pay for them .... No one seems to take Paypal anymore, and with me living 120km from the closest WU agent, over and above the fact that we cannot transact online with WU means I am royally screwed....

So thank you very much to all the assholes that have lodged paypal disputes trying to scam the TDs. You have managed to screw up a perfectly good system! Well done !

Today my last properly working rep started with it's shit ! .... It's safe to say that my track record with this has been dismal.. At best !

I just cant do this anymore ... I will stay a member of this forum forever, because of my love for watches and the incredible amount of knowledge that all the good people here bring to the table ...

I have a couple of Gens on my radar and I think I will be better off saving up for them ....

Will pop in from time to time to see what the Rep world has to offer ...and who knows ... .Maybe one day some of the TDs will actually take the money I am looking to give away!

sgtguk

Sorry to hear about this mate, but it you do want to buy a rep, I would be happy to help. I can pay via WU, you can pay me via Paypal. I give the dealer your address, I forward the tracking, and QC photos to your email. hows that sound?

Bloody nice offer mate :suck:

watchguysydney

So the nedbank USD12 Telegraphic Transfer is not an option?

It's cheaper than WU and depending on how much you send cheaper than Paypal.

Monty010

To bad to hear this, but good to hear that youre not leaving all together.

and who knows maybe one day youll find a way of paying for reps in a way that you are comfortable with.

jeffw69

Nedbank? Is that in Scotland? :lol:

jard89

I just used PP with Andrew at TT yesterday.

Del

Nedbank? Is that in Scotland? :lol:

:lol:

rocky4691

I know Andrew does cc and also Tony next door on RWI because I just bought one from Andrew about a month ago and just bought one from Tony last week. Got QC pics from Tony a few days ago and he said he shipped the next day so I am anxiously waiting to see if his shipments are as quick as Andrew. If you have a trusted friend in a better location you could send them the$$$ and have them order for you.

watchguysydney

No online WU?

Which country is this?

You could send a TT (Telegraphic transfer) to the bank account of the dealer if they will let you. Some of them do accept credit cards.

It's not over yet my friend - there's always a way.

South Africa mate .... There is only one of our major banks that deal with WU and I dont have an account with them.

The bank charges on a bank transfer is ridiculous, so that is not an option ....

Paypal was just quick and easy .... No queues ... No Paperwork .... I could do it anywhere in the world in 1 minute .... Easy ... The way it should be !

Not sure what you mean about WU being associated with a bank. Here in AUS they are stand alone.

You can send funds from South Africa to Europe and the US online through WU's website. You can link it to your Visa or MasterCard. There are TD's in these geographies.

I also just had a look at the nedbank website and an international TT is R124.50 (about USD12 which is half of what we pay in Australia) so not very expansive at all.

Problem?

What I mean is that WU is not "stand alone" in S.A .... Agents include ABSA Bank ... I am not a customer of theirs, so to do this I would have to open an account with ABSA and pay the associated banking fees every month .... They are the only agent that offers an online option, but again you need to be a customer with an internet banking account ... More bank charges ...

WU2_zpscdb7bd55.jpg

WU3_zpse26873a4.jpg

There is also no online option from WU's website. South Africa is not available as an option when you want to use WU to send with Visa or Mastercard directly.

WU1_zpsd2e508f6.jpg

So you see ... All you guys living in countries that have options should never take that luxury for granted ! And I believe that is why people have no issue lodging that PP dispute and getting money back .... afterward they feel very proud that they fucked over some poor TD and not feel the effect at all. One day when he wants to buy another watch he has a choice of other payment methods ... So who cares ??? In the process other people that may even be more passionate about this hobby / watches got screwed ... BADLY !

Sorry if I sound a little pissed off .... It's probably because I am !

C

I do get that you're pissed off but we are all trying to help you out including someone who's offered to act as an intermediary. In The time it's taken you to do all these screen dumps and use your big red pen you could have opened an account and net a TT online for $12.

Maybe you just don't want be helped out?

Chr1st0c

I did bud ... Thanx so much for this ....

PM sent !

allex

You can go into ABSA and use WU without opening an ABSA account. They will ask you to provide some FICA stuff, but after that, you have a wu card you can use any time you are pepared to go into the relevant branch. Done it for years in CT and I'm with RMB

Olly

DONT GIVE UP HOPE !!! :beer2:

Chr1st0c

@ Watchguysydney ...

I appreciate all the help from everyone ... I have sent a PM to SSteel to discuss the finer detail to his gracious offer. The screenshots and red circles in paint took 2 minutes ... So it's really not that bad ...

You right .. I am pissed ... and I am venting, but I will get over it. I guess I need some time to process everything.

But let this be said ... All the guys here are great people.... What ever happens ... It's a great place to be !

Cheers

C

sms

I need to start unloading some reps just to keep folks around i guess if the TDs are not takingvPP I guess it's due to bad buyers but probably expected to sw extent.

I have about 50 I think and don't wear most of them very much. Some ive never worn and I've never sold one.

I used to sell Porsche parts on eBay and it was such a hassle but m2m on the forums has been great for me to buy. hWG alone has provided a bunch of them. I've gotten a lot better deals than new and only had a few transactions that didn't work out the way I expected.

Electron17

Hi Christo,

I use MoneyGram for most of my purchases from TD's, works like a dream and I always get something back from MoneyGram. I have bought about 12 watches recently through the M2M section, really excellent quality and such a pleasure to deal with fellow members. Most members take PP so you can still get great reps and very good prices. Give it a try.

Regards,

Jan

gtwc

Sorry to hear all this.

Like you (and thousands others) I loved PP for the simplicity of payment.

H'ver, I stopped selling on eBay (3600+ 100% pos f/b) some years ago when

they made PP a COMPULSORY form of payment to accept.

As a bookseller, this was impractical. Someone could buy a text / history book

that they required, photocopy the few pages they actually wanted, and then

claim a refund (non-delivery, not the right thing etc).

PP is fucking insidious and should be banned. Sellers have no rights whatsoever.

Which is wrong in the 'great scheme of things'.

I know I sound slightly (or more than slightly) hypocritical having enjoyed the 'ease of use'

that PP provided - BUT I never did, nor would I ever dream of doing, a chargeback.

Caveat emptor.

Chr1st0c
Hi Christo,

I use MoneyGram for most of my purchases from TD's, works like a dream and I always get something back from MoneyGram. I have bought about 12 watches recently through the M2M section, really excellent quality and such a pleasure to deal with fellow members. Most members take PP so you can still get great reps and very good prices. Give it a try.

Regards,

Jan

You must be with FNB then Jan ?

TRANSPORTER

I was going to suggest exactly what Ssteel mentioned, as PayPal is my only method of payment, that's one reason why Silix is my TD of choice

Hazz

I am actually thinking of ending this hobby also, not for the PP reasons

Nah, changed my mind.

Pihlippe

^^^^ This!!