Sign in to follow this  
mitchbaria

Questions about RWG watch

mitchbaria

I just noticed over at RWI (my home) a thread about a RWI watch and apparently it's Luthier going to do this watch.... I mean I'm not trying to stir shit up but are you guys ok with that? I mean he's saying he's already got the molds and all that....Is that really all good before he delivers over here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

myaz

Don't see why he couldn't do both a RWG and a RWI watch

Xebryus

It's his money, his time, his efforts, and his prerogative. (Of course massive Kudos for Solk for designing the RWG watch)

None of us should be offended and feel "hurt". Most standing members here are members there as well, so if anyone really wanted this next watch, by all means, get it.

mitchbaria

Just testing the water over here before I add my two cents over there.....

Wriggles

Only concern I have is Luth mentioning doing an extra small run for anyone who missed out on the original....I'm sure plenty of people now looking for a blue version would jump at it, but it would ruin the whole thing for me if it just became any other watch and not limited as originally planned.

If that happened I'd have to seriously reconsider my two reservations

naijishi

i concur with the its his money he can do what he wants point of view pertaining to making a rwi watch. I would be a little miffed if he made more than 300 of the RWG one as it being limited was the plan, but again his money his choice as it is ours not to buy it if we dont like what hes doing.

solkryssare

Yes. His money his watch. But it would definitely take a little exclusives away from the watch if he does another run. I've talked with him about this tho, and last I heard it would be slightly different that the original one if he went ahead with the plan

My hopes are there will not be another RWG or RWI watch based on the same design. But that's just my personal feeling

black263

Hopefully he doesn't just change the G to an I and call it the RWI watch.

Nisv

Wouldn't be quite the same......... :rolleyes:

digger2

Only concern I have is Luth mentioning doing an extra small run for anyone who missed out on the original....I'm sure plenty of people now looking for a blue version would jump at it, but it would ruin the whole thing for me if it just became any other watch and not limited as originally planned.

If that happened I'd have to seriously reconsider my two reservations

+1

jeffw69

I mean I'm not trying to stir shit up but are you guys ok with that?

sounds like you are. ;)

greg_r

Note that Luth asked permission to use the board name on a watch right back at the start a year or two back. That was the beginning and end of the board's involvement with the project - we have (quite rightly) no further say in it.

Ultimately, Luth is free to do whatever he wants with it - he and Sol have done a wonderful job on the design, and I wish Luth every success. He needs to listen to his customers though, and I agree that doing another run of the same design could adversely effect the exclusivity of the end product, which might not be the best move.

I wish him well with it, though - hopefully whatever he does next will be a little less drama-filled ;)

wagner

I wish him well with it, though - hopefully whatever he does next will be a little less drama-filled ;)

+1

964boy

RWG WATCH - MYTH or LEGEND

Everything that has been happening of late, and now this thread makes it a myth.

Started of a a very kind and honest gesture from Luthier, to the forum members here, and embraced all that this forum and it's members are. But with each passing day, something else happens and has completely taken the shine of it, for me anyway.

The guys I really feel sorry for are the other members who have put there time, efforts and expertise into this project, especially SOL, who's talents have delivered a great design.

Since our leader Greg keeps telling us the forum has nothing to do with this, then possibly every cloud DOES has silver lining, being a member of the one of each club (at present) and demand is outstripping supply - well till George let leak, as he does, that there may well be more that 300, there could have been a tidy profit to be made, or would this be contrary to the ethos of our great forum :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: just a thought.

964boy

don't now what happened above.

that's what I get for trying to be a smart arse :D

sorted original post I think

midasmook

Maybe he should get one watch done before starting others.

oscarmadfish

i think 300 or 3000 does not make as much difference as we think because any number after 300 will be a REP in my book and my 2 will be 05 and 55 = GENS :giggle:

mitchbaria

sounds like you are. ;)

to be perfectly honest,,,, Luth comes on like a freight train and some of the things he says makes me wonder why he abandoned this forum in the middle of this watch project? and also before i drink the Luthier koolaid and start buying into this RWI watch I'd like to see a watch review over here by someone who actually has one.... Stir shit, NO concerned about PIPE DREAMS,,,YES! and I'm pretty sure I read a thread when he first showed up (before I knew who he was) where a RWI watch was being discussed involving Luth and TB said NO...get this one done first....

gottahaverolex

Boy am I glad I stayed away from the RWG watch. I see drama starting already and the watches aren't even finished.

gottahaverolex

sounds like you are. ;)

to be perfectly honest,,,, Luth comes on like a freight train and some of the things he says makes me wonder why he abandoned this forum in the middle of this watch project? and also before i drink the Luthier koolaid and start buying into this RWI watch I'd like to see a watch review over here by someone who actually has one.... Stir shit, NO concerned about PIPE DREAMS,,,YES! and I'm pretty sure I read a thread when he first showed up (before I knew who he was) where a RWI watch was being discussed involving Luth and TB said NO...get this one done first....

Exactly!! He's setting himself up for failure.

Thang

I believe Luth said that he will deliver the RWG watches before starting the next one. I am all for another exclusive watch as long as the design is different. I was confuse when he was talking about an additional run. That would not be cool for me since the RWG suppose to be exclusive. Anyway, I will need to keep checking the process to make the final decision on the watch.

Kaiser

sounds like you are. ;)

Until you actually pay for this watch there should be no reason to be concerned about anything. Luth has a lot of money tied up in this, he is the only one taking financial risks here. As far as I know people will only have to pay when the watches are finished and ready to be drop ;) shipped. Why the worries? In the worst case scenario there will be no watch, but then you won't have paid anything either

oscarmadfish

sounds like you are. ;)

Until you actually pay for this watch there should be no reason to be concerned about anything. Luth has a lot of money tied up in this, he is the only one taking financial risks here. As far as I know people will only have to pay when the watches are finished and ready to be drop ;) shipped. Why the worries? In the worst case scenario there will be no watch, but then you won't have paid anything either

thats a fair comment

mitchbaria

well to put up with the fuss of all this over the next year I'd like to know there really is a watch forthcoming, for one.... or will there be a big build up, everybody get on this list wanting a watch, then Luth disappear and show up at RG trashing us for some reason and building a list over there......

PeterPotamus

I'm officially out of the drama, when the time comes I'll let go my reservation.