Sign in to follow this  
LawKid

Planet Ocean 42mm - PEARL HELP!?!?

LawKid

So I've taken the plunge for a 42mm Planet Ocean Pumpkin that I've wanted for a while (it's not a cheapie - the $400 model). I'm a bit concerned that the pearl seems a bit off. I know reps will never be perfect, but for $400, I'd expect the pearl to at least not be noticeably wrong.

Granted, I've never actually seen one before other than in pictures, so I have no true point of comparison, but hopefully someone who has this watch or knows them better than I could shed some light for me as to what I'm seeing here? Am I just looking at it in bad lighting or angles?

Help!

pearl3_zps8e3f0c1d.jpg

pearl2_zpsdc561b2d.jpg

TheSav

Unless you are buying a watch that is actually as big as the pics you posted I wouldn't worry. It may be slightly off but you will not notice it on your wrist and neither will anyone else.

LightGeek

The pearl is the lessor of the issues :)

Pharmo

Wouldnt worry mate, just enjoy watch.

Trust me, no one will notice

Mary Watch

that is normal for this rep. if u want better pearl, maybe find a dealer to source an extra bezel for u.

but $400 for this watch, if not including the shipping fee and extra fee for transfer, it is too expensive.

LawKid

$400 is all inclusive (watch, shipping and fees). I don't mind spending a little extra if it looks truer to what it purports to be.

LightGeek
$400 is all inclusive (watch, shipping and fees). I don't mind spending a little extra if it looks truer to what it purports to be.

They are, what they are. You can spend all you want but there is a limit to the attainable quality.

TheInthusiest

People looking at your watch will not notice it unless they are using a loupe or they have 12x magnification eyes. (like your camera.) Frankly people wont care.

If you really want perfection, buy a gen bezel. :)

veritech

Granted, I've never actually seen one before other than in pictures, so I have no true point of comparison, but hopefully someone who has this watch or knows them better than I could shed some light for me as to what I'm seeing here?

You are seriously overthinking the pearl. I have the CrPO 42mm and completely love it - luckily no stem/crown issues either.

LightGeek

You haven't received the watch yet and these are QC pics right? Wait till you get it. Like I said, I'm more concerned with the other thing ;)

SamGold

Is that a gap between the end links and case - and is it just me or is the 'omega' being covered by the omega logo?

Eadesy

QC pics????

I wouldn't worry about that. Hardly noticeable.

Omega emblem does look quite close to the top of the wording though??

Looks a great looking watch either way

Josh

Edited by Eadesy90

stenchlord

It looks like the UPO, I'd say it costs that much cause of movement but even so $400 is too expensive.

A UPO with ETA 2824 movement shipped should be around the $350 mark unless it's had something else extra done to it.

As for the logo it's the same on all the UPOs. It's the same on my two UPOs. My CPO has more space between the logo and the text though.

You can see it in this photo (CPO, UPO, UPO)

iem5avlGmpFZh.JPG

Edited by stenchlord

LightGeek

As for the logo it's the same on all the UPOs. It's the same on my two UPOs. My CPO has more space between the logo and the text though.

CrPOs have good logos. All the new POs have the silly low logo. I shouldn't have sold mine :(

Ilikewaches

This is why I would never drop the cash for the better movement, just not worth it on a rep. 21j is just fine and does the trick.

rocky4691

The pearl in pic #2 doesn't look bad , but like stated above I think you paid a little too much for it. I just bought a great seamaster professional PO Chrono SS that looks great and runs at +3spd from Andrew at TT and paid a total cost of $343.00 delivered in 5 days from day of QC pics. But you still have a great looming watch there. You should wear it proudly and enjoy your new purchase..