Sign in to follow this  
Mirage

TimerWalker Dual Carbon Crystal Swap - AR included!

HarleyMo

Where can get the AR crystal.... I have the same watch, and want to upgrade the crystal. ...

Ive been looking and cant find anyone to supply a replacement crystal with AR coating. Only option seems to be to send the watch and have the exciting crystal coated but its expensive

late

i can't even wear mine any more as the bezel keeps falling off. any suggestions for a fix?

Mirage

Quick update on this, while re-installing my newly AR'ed crystal from sunnydale, I remembered this thread. So here are the crystal dimension of the infamous IWC 3714 portuguese: 38mm X 1.25 thick!

Same Dia, just a bit short on thickness since the MB is 1.34, but nothing that can't be done :)

Lt.Timewalker

You had great luck with your watch. I tried to take off the bezel and it was extremely light. I ended up cutting my thumb and finally popped off the bezel with the caseback tool but the blade went through and ended up damaging the dial and the chrono subdial hand.

Even now with the bezel off I could not push the sapphire out from the bezel, I think it might be glued on because I tried to put the bezel in the hole in my bathroom sink which is just slightly narrower than the bezel and the sapphire didn't even budge with me putting my whole body weight on it.

Now I have a stuffed watch and no removed crystal for a consolation prize...

Do you think buying a crystal press would solve it or should I just take it to a professional?

Paulw100

Those Montblanc' are works of art and you have made it better - Bravo