Sign in to follow this  
Olly

In your opinion which DSSD is the best ?

Olly

I cant seem to shrink it :D it just fits the space :(

jcagara08

BPK

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

g.man

Olly, don't you think your sig is a tiny bit too big? It always takes me extra 0.006 second to scroll down the topic because of it :lol:

Yeah, this gets my goat too. I'm certainly not against sigs, but unnecessarily huge sig images drive me nuts.

*grumpy*

g.man

mellan50

BK :)

gottahaverolex

Having owned a gen DSSD for over a year and almost every rep version of it I can tell you from first hand experience that no rep is even close. With that being said just buy any version of it and enjoy it, modding only gets you marginally closer but still nowhere close to gen.

Olly

Olly, don't you think your sig is a tiny bit too big? It always takes me extra 0.006 second to scroll down the topic because of it :lol:

Yeah, this gets my goat too. I'm certainly not against sigs, but unnecessarily huge sig images drive me nuts.

*grumpy*

g.man

Better ?

g.man

God bless you! You could have just made it smaller though.

regards

g.man

Olly

God bless you! You could have just made it smaller though.

regards

g.man

Working on it buddy :)

Rolexwatchman

Having owned a gen DSSD for over a year and almost every rep version of it I can tell you from first hand experience that no rep is even close. With that being said just buy any version of it and enjoy it, modding only gets you marginally closer but still nowhere close to gen.

No... handing any Rolex would know that none of the replica is close to the gen or any watch for that matter...

Just enjoy the time keeping, the look of it or whatever you want it to be, at the end of the day, the watch is a tool. It's designed to show the time, timer, diving, fancy dinner, show that you got the bread / cheddar or whatever reason you're using it for.

It'd look good on you I'm sure. Maybe you should make it a matching set with this:

http://s3.amazonaws....lWall_grill.jpg

If I've got the cash... I would knock my teeth out and replace it with diamonds... like the evil guy from James Bond movie... Jaw guy haha! Or wait, did he use titanium or ...?

Edited by Rolexwatchman

rlx101

Olly, I recently went for a BK DSSD and had it sent straight to PBdad for mods (matte dial, relume, pearl mod, single AR, bracelet lube and brush) and I have to say I'm pretty stoked with it. I've owned a lot of genuine Rolex sports watches, and whilst not perfect by any means, for the $$ paid it's a whole lot of timepiece for the money

A friend was at my house for lunch yesterday. He has the genuine, and knew that I'd recently bought this BK/PBdad DSSD. We had them side by side, and compared them closely. Of course there are differences, as you'd expect there to be with one of them retailing for over 12 times what the other one cost. But bang for your buck, you can't go far wrong!

jeffw69

+1, same with me.

Olly

Really ? What makes it soo much better. I know there's the mental side of having £6k in your hands but there are very little differences ? Is. It the weight and the overall fit and finish ?

Thanks Jeff,

Olly

KeNnY

If you want best DSSD for the money buy an noob factory Asian Eta model from any TD and get it modded - relume, waterproofing, regulating within cosc. This will give you best dssd.;-)

Odoslané z C6603 cez Tapatalk 2

Olly

Yeh, I might just do that :) could you Matej matte the dial, relume, waterproof, mod the pearl and insert ?

Thanks,

Olly

Electron17

If you want best DSSD for the money buy an noob factory Asian Eta model from any TD and get it modded - relume, waterproofing, regulating within cosc. This will give you best dssd.;-)

+1

KeNnY

I can do all buddy ;-). Don't recommend to matte dial as all new versions of gen have only glossy dial and personaly I think glossy looks more luxury with all those reflections :-D and also the repainting of bezel insert makes things more worst, best to keep that how it is. Pearl mod is part of relume.

y7uva5az.jpg

na3urady.jpg

naty4asa.jpg

seme5aje.jpg

ageza8uj.jpg

onelund

I can do all buddy ;-). Don't recommend to matte dial as all new versions of gen have only glossy dial and personaly I think glossy looks more luxury with all those reflections :-D and also the repainting of bezel insert makes things more worst, best to keep that how it is. Pearl mod is part of relume.

Whats your price for this kind of work?

Olly

Oh this looks much better than BK's example !!! PM sent :D

KeNnY

thanks Olly ;)