Sign in to follow this  
MALDONADO

Review Oris Titan Chronograph Divers 47mm...........

MALDONADO

After undergoing surgery (change of heart) and I present my new Lifting Titan Divers Chronograph 47mm

La marca

logosorispequeno.png

Oris takes the name of a stream and a valley next to Holstein in the north-western Switzerland. The word has its origin in the Roman Celtic 'Auris' later 'Orusz' meaning watercourse.

01_P1010245.jpg

01_P1010269.jpg

01_P1010238.jpg

In its 100 year history the watchmakers Oris turbulent times and have lived alone. But they have always looked forward, with the aim to constantly develop better clocks.

01_P1010253.jpg

Oris was founded in 1904 by Paul Cattin Holstein and Georges Christian. Both came from the watchmaking capital of Le Locle in the Swiss Jura region.

Christian Georges died in 1927 shortly after the company became a public company. Oscar Herzog, brother of George Christian, became President and during the next 43 years, he continued the tradition of steady growth.

01_P1010254.jpg

In the sixties, the company with a staff of 800, was among the ten largest producers in Switzerland.

For over a decade (1986 - 1997), Oris watches are defined by their classic design. Cleverly designed and engraved dials structures oversized crowns, inspired by the pilot of the clocks in the Second World War, which characterize the Oris collection, appealing to a large number of enthusiasts and collectors around the world.

01_P1010252.jpg

The introduction in 1998 of the robust collection Oris Full Steel marked for a new dawn in style. Thereafter, in a clear and defined to date the appearance of your Oris watches. Each year a new line was launched: in 1999: BC3, in 2000: XXL, in 2001: TT1, 2002: Miles in 2003: Artelier.

01_P1010247.jpg

my Clock Rep. Oris Titan Chronograph Divers 47mm

Movimiento.: Maquinaria Automática Valjoux 7750 GEN.

Caja: de acero de 47 mm Diámetro; 18mm de alto.

Bisel: Giratorio 120 clicks

Extra: Válvula de helio

Cristal: zafiro con AR 4,7 mm

Lumen: Aplicado por el Maestro Fleed.

Correa: Armix y caucho con cierre desplegable de doble seguridad.

01_P1010263.jpg

01_P1010264.jpg

appraisals

This is a big clock! With a diameter of 47 mm, there is no way around the fact that it is larger than most sports watches.

01_P1010240.jpg

At first glance the finishing stand. It is noted that these clock before a certain "entity." The details are cared for at a minimum. Everything oozes quality from all sides.

01_P1010241.jpg

Another important aspect is the anti-reflective sapphire crystal on. Despite its thickness (4.7 mm) and convex shape, you can check the time in any situation with little difficulty.

01_P1010239.jpg

Case

The box shows a neat cut. TT1 design is complex, full of hard edges and angles.

It's a beautiful piece of steel. Oris quotes box measuring 47 mm. But close to 44 mm on the bezel and the total thickness is 18 mm.

01_P1010259.jpg

01_P1010260.jpg

The signed crown is located wing 3 and the helium escape valve at 10:00 both threads, the buttons of the skate (at 2 and 4) are also secured with thread to emerge, stress that it is easy to operate.

01_P1010233.jpg

01_P1010234.jpg

01_P1010236.jpg

The helium escape valve to be opened after a long period of time aboard a diving bell or diving station. Like any non-screwed crown open underwater.

01_P1010265.jpg

handles

Oris dive watches have large handles and complement the overall style of this model. It has a mirror finish on the outer surface of the handles and continue down to the link belt.

bezel

The bezel is knurled and has the standard 15 minutes the red zone. The frame can turn only left with 120 clicks accurate full rotation. The lumen pearl and inverted triangle is exactly 12 hours.

01_P1010244.jpg

The bezel bicolor I can not comment on its usefulness, but I like the splash of color on the clock.

B]needles[/b]

Tritium in the hour hand is applied in two separate areas, which helps distinguish it from the minute hand.

01_P1010248.jpg

01_P1010251.jpg

01_P1010249.jpg

The seconds hand, are thin and discreet. Modern design, all steel, it rides on a totalizing and sub-areas with a certain professional.

Dial

The dial has its entire surface waves Oris features, black non-reflective pattern. Each index ("tear" characteristic of the TT series) has a slim frame and polished metal inlay Superluminova Fleed applied by the teacher as the hands. The time is very easy to see with the naked eye by the contrast of the black dial.

01_P1010255.jpg

01_P1010258.jpg

The shape of the index dial really gives it a clean and classic. The date window at 6: 00 is very well integrated and very discreet

01_P1010257.jpg

01_P1010273.jpg

glassl

the sapphire crystal is 4.70mm thick-cut and spherical in the interior offers a clear and undistorted full line of almost every angle ....

01_P1010262.jpg

01_P1010261.jpg

Movement mounted on my watch

Calibre valjoux 7750 suizo GEN +6 -4

Great caliber. One of the timesheets are more robust than at present.

Born in 1973, has remained little changed so far

01_P1010231.jpg

01_P1010232.jpg

Specifications:

Automatic chronograph counter central 60s, 30min at 3, 12 am to 6 o'clock, small seconds at 9, stop times to remove the crown to the second position and rapid change of date and day.

Lacks column wheel and instead there is a piece that does more or less all the features that made this (this concept was patented in 1941 by the clockmaker, Henri Jacot-Guyot, but that's another story). A detail in the following photo (although in a later video you can see):

An interesting link.http://www.timezone.com/library/horologium/horologium631672313433425752

Strap / Armix

The strap pivots freely on the handles of the box using a socket-type fastening system. This helps enormously to the suitability of any wrist watch, no matter how small it is.

01_P1010274.jpg

01_P1010276.jpg

Belt change

No springbars in this model which I think is a success in terms of security. A bar secures the strap or bracelet to the screw terminals at each end. One screw is integral with the bar and the other is loose, so you can slide the bar to change. Changing the belt is a simple operation, but be careful not to lose the screws apart, I stick with temporary fixing.

01_P1010268.jpg

01_P1010272.jpg

Lumen

I took the next picture by subjecting the watch to total darkness and forcing previamenta few moments with a light bulb to excite the Luminova application. The result is more than good.

lumen-1.jpg

back

The back .... a hatch ufffff !!!!. Machining perfect. Excellent.

trasera.jpg

That's all, thanks for reading

manofin.jpg

hondas2000

really nice description

Frankt8242

Great review!!!

And did you really undergo a coronary transplant...???

scorpion

Superb review and great looking Oris.

1 well done hat.gif

twofake

Great pictures. Loved the review. Some of your descriptions are hard to understand .

Beautiful watch .

Which TD did you buy this from?

MALDONADO

Great review!!!

And did you really undergo a coronary transplant...???

the clock, movement ....... :Thinking:

Edited by MALDONADO

edwinowl

Love the Oris. Wasn't Ted( Ballad) big into these?

dalboy

Fantastic review , with stunning pics.

Ted would be sitting here with a lazy lob , were he still around. :giggle:

venison

Love that Oris! Awesome pics. Where did you pick this up? would love to have one...

edwinowl

Don't you mean a lazy f....ing lob lol. !!

dalboy

Don't you mean a lazy f....ing lob lol. !!

That too... :lol:

sergiiko

Very good watch. I am going to buy it, period ! How much is it?

Baldrick

Nice watch, lovely photos, excellent review......can feel your passion for the brand .....I agree ;)

corsa

Excellent, review and really diverse backgrounds in the shots, well done.

sergiiko

Where did you get it, Maldonado? I want to buy it too.

Jose Betancur

Excellent my friend! Great review and pics!

BadPickle

Now that's what I call a proper review!!!

Bravo that man!