greg_r

User guide to the A7750 movement.

hkbob

There is an auto version of this, ST1940, but hard to find.

Haven't seen it in any reps. Even legit brands using ST1940 have been rare.

The Seagull ST19 movement (hand wind chronograph) is supposedly very, very robust - much more so than a7750 (and perhaps ETA 7750 as well).

I myself just bought a ST19-based watch recently (the bottom one)

It comes in a few different flavors. One of them has a real moonphase.

If you don't mind the hand winding, it's also got a great looking movement from the back.

Radio04.jpg

7107-LS2.jpg

PP034b1.jpg

aandringa

I"m located in the netherlands.

jflhk

I have a Daytona from Solidswisss.ed. It broke down the same day I got it. Tom had refused any refund or exchange. Nor he had offered to fix it under their 2 year warranty. He claimed the watch is Swiss made.

Swiss made watches are durable. Tom and Solidswiss.cd are misrepresenting.

It started from the lost of chronograph functions when the lug at 2 cannot start/stop the chronograph needle, rather it has become a stop/run of the sub-dial second needle at 6 position. ie. stop/run the movement. Lug at 4 position has become to operate the same like the lug at 2 position. Now about one month from the delivery date, it can't even be winded manually.

It's a sec@6 7750 movement made in China (I believed). it does keep good time, though, to my amazement.

Please let me know where to get it fixed, and if it's worth anything to be fixed.

JSJ
I have a Daytona from Solidswisss.ed. It broke down the same day I got it. Tom had refused any refund or exchange. Nor he had offered to fix it under their 2 year warranty. He claimed the watch is Swiss made.

Swiss made watches are durable. Tom and Solidswiss.cd are misrepresenting.

It started from the lost of chronograph functions when the lug at 2 cannot start/stop the chronograph needle, rather it has become a stop/run of the sub-dial second needle at 6 position. ie. stop/run the movement. Lug at 4 position has become to operate the same like the lug at 2 position. Now about one month from the delivery date, it can't even be winded manually.

It's a sec@6 7750 movement made in China (I believed). it does keep good time, though, to my amazement.

Please let me know where to get it fixed, and if it's worth anything to be fixed.

Hi and welcome.

Don't like to ask how much you paid for it. Sounds like you've tested the chronograph a bit too much.

This is not the right place for a question like this. I suggest you start a new topic.

Also, first, I suggest you post a separate introduction thread in the new member section. Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself.

Just posting this question on its own will probably go bad on you.

jflhk

I paid US$1,200 to Solidswiss for that Daytona. It was delivered to me in May 28. Tested it upon receipt and it ceased all it's chronograph functions almost immediately. I did not really get much time to really test the chronograph.

Since then, I had it repacked and put into the box pending return to Solidswiss. No response from Solidswiss. I unpacked it once more on the 17th. Had it winded and let it sit and run. Then the second problem came on the 26th after 9 days. During these time, I manual wined it a few times. Now it's dead.

Do you think it's worth the costs to get it fixed? I am living in Hong Kong.

GenTLe
I paid US$1,200 to Solidswiss for that Daytona. It was delivered to me in May 28. Tested it upon receipt and it ceased all it's chronograph functions almost immediately. I did not really get much time to really test the chronograph.

Since then, I had it repacked and put into the box pending return to Solidswiss. No response from Solidswiss. I unpacked it once more on the 17th. Had it winded and let it sit and run. Then the second problem came on the 26th after 9 days. During these time, I manual wined it a few times. Now it's dead.

Do you know they are scammers, don't you?

It will cost you less to buy a J factory one from one of our Trusted Dealers (not scammers for sure) here...

Vreds

I paid US$1,200 to Solidswiss

:bugeyes:

JSJ

Damn. I'd have sold you a shagged Daytona for less than a grand.

thehacker

I just received my ROORG, which is running the same movement, but rather disappointed that the chrono doesn't at least work, not that I'm going to use it. But it would be nice if the feature is there, it at least works.

thehacker

I just received my ROORG, which is running the same movement, but rather disappointed that the chrono doesn't at least work, not that I'm going to use it. But it would be nice if the feature is there, it at least works.

My bad, just got reply from my vendor Kingwatch, I have to wind up the watch first, and press much much harder than I expected.

JSJ

My bad, just got reply from my vendor Kingwatch, I have to wind up the watch first, and press much much harder than I expected.

You are not the first to think the 7750 is broken because you must press so hard on the pushers. Enjoy your watch mate :)

CartierPAMguy

How do you know if the 7750 in your watch is modified?

GenTLe
How do you know if the 7750 in your watch is modified?

7750:

20130117135844376171037.jpg

Minutes at 12, running seconds at 9, hours at 6.

Any other configuration where the running sec are at 3, 12 or 6 is a modified risky ones.

Modified ones with minutes and hours in other positions but with sec at 9 are ok with some minor aesthetically problem like sunken date wheel.

black263

Read the links below for a really good explanation of why a 7750, ETA gen or Asian Clone, is a problem with the seconds anywhere apart from the 9 sub-dial.

stt0kes

quartz chronograph is better

l buy a quartz chronograph watch,chronograph second works as automatic,but only have 1 hour chronograph function

is it normal?

black263

l buy a quartz chronograph watch,chronograph second works as automatic,but only have 1 hour chronograph function

is it normal?

Wrong place to post this, and in any case, I'm not sure I understand the question.

JSJ

is it normal?

Wrong place to post this, and in any case, I'm not sure I understand the question.

Cmon black, it's the famous automatic quartz hand wind chronograph seagull valjoux ETA movement which only counts to one hour. Most people would have spotted that.

OP post a new thread in General Discussion with a picture and we may be able to help.

black263

is it normal?

Cmon black, it's the famous automatic quartz hand wind chronograph seagull valjoux ETA movement which only counts to one hour. Most people would have spotted that.

OP post a new thread in General Discussion with a picture and we may be able to help.

Fuck. Forgot about the automatic quartz element. My bad. These often have a fault in the PFM circuit that can cause this error.

willstholer

Great guide, thanks for it. I wish I had read that before I bought a Daytona A7750. I guess it would have lived longer then.

Usually i'd say i pass chronos in the future but I'm looking for an AP Royal Oak Offshore at the moment. hmmm....

max999

Hello everybody,

I recently both a IWC Top gun dual chrono

I need advice from you, how I know if my 7750 movement is old version or new ?

Description from PC:

Asia 7750 Voljoux working chronograph movement, 28800bph, Working regulator, two chronograph sec needles, one of the top of anotother....both will move and reset at same time

is that a new version of a-7750 or old ?

thanks

GenTLe
Hello everybody,

Description from PC:

Asia 7750 Voljoux working chronograph movement, 28800bph, Working regulator, two chronograph sec needles, one of the top of anotother....both will move and reset at same time

thanks

Old is 21600bph

max999

thanks for very quick reply

GenTLe
thanks for very quick reply

Welcome. Anyway I suggest not to use it daily. If it is a sec at 6 it is better to use is just for special occasions...

JSJ
Hello everybody,

Description from PC:

thanks

There are some recent versions which have a working fine regulator and some which don't. I doubt if PC really know which they are selling because the only way to check is to adjust the regulator and see if it makes a difference.

Anyway like GenTLe says your movement is pretty much sure to be a new one.

Enjoy your watch. Good choice.

By the way

:ttiwwop: