Sign in to follow this  
ron76

Problems with clone 2836-2

ron76

Hey guys I've got a weird problem with my SOSF with a clone 2836-2.

It use to run with in COSC specs. not even -1 sec. a day.

But now, after it sat in the box for about a week and a half, it keeps loosing time but only on the wrist.

It keeps time for a couple of hours but then suddenly looses 5 minutes in a hour (I can't say exactly cos it's really random)

The strange thing is, when I keep it in the box and wind it manually it keeps great time, I've tried this for 2 days.

Does anybody know what could be the problem ??

Cynikal.Mindset

u sure it has a 2836-2 clone in it???

ron76
u sure it has a 2836-2 clone in it???

Uhm.... Yeah, it's not a Swiss.

sconehead

...hmmm, could be the balance assembly is loose or a bad/broken pivot...basically, when it's getting worn/moved about it's showing the fault, ie the balance wheel is rocking/fouling on something?

Cynikal.Mindset

many of the SOSF come with a clone of a clone...not a true 2836-2 clone but a clone of that clone...beware, especially if you picked this up from a TD at or around $200

ron76
many of the SOSF come with a clone of a clone...not a true 2836-2 clone but a clone of that clone...beware, especially if you picked this up from a TD at or around $200

:huh:

So the clone 2836-2 I've got, could be a rep of a clone 2836-2.

What's the difference? Quality?

Thanks Monkey, I will take it to a watch smith I guess after I've taken a look at the balance, maybe there's just something that's loose.

TheTinMan

If you can pop the back off, take a look at how the dial is held in place. The article Cynikal.Mindset liked to is pretty clear, if it is screwed in place (as opposed to being clipped in) then it is a clone of a clone. It would be a quick, easy place to start.

Cynikal.Mindset

another way to check is to see which way the hands move via the crown...if you turn clockwise the crown the hands will advance clockwise if it is a clone of a clone, if it is a eta clone turning the crown clockwise will move the hands backwards

ron76

Thanks CM, it's a clone of a clone.

The date also doesn't flip at 12 but moves slowly from 11:40 to 12:00.

Good info in the link.

Electrobrat

Sorry to hear.

parisianshut

well maybe , there is a something in the movement that sometimes "block" the system. a pube or dust... you never know.

Electrobrat

There used to be a French guy in the repairs section on here who could repair watches. You send it to him and he looks at the watch then gives a repair quote. Can't remember his name though sorry.

parisianshut

There used to be a French guy in the repairs section on here who could repair watches. You send it to him and he looks at the watch then gives a repair quote. Can't remember his name though sorry.

it's WIZ ! http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showforum=216

Electrobrat

Wiz...that's the guy...he's very good from my friend's experience.