Mirage

IWC 3714-31 V3 Review

dmmoroney

Awesome! I can finally start rounding down my options! So would these be the watches you're talking a bout Higginsd?

http://www.p-cls.com/iwpt00012-portofino-chronograph-ssle-black-a7750-28800bph-p-13153.html

http://www.p-cls.com/iwp00107-377701-pilot-chrono-ssle-black-a7750-p-14856.html

http://www.p-cls.com/iwbp10009-pilot-5002-ssle-grey-asian-p-12113.html

http://www.p-cls.com/iwbp10011-pilot-5004-ssle-black-asian-p-12114.html

If these are, then you think it's a safe bet for me to buy any of these? Also, what are your thoughts on Perfect Clones? I like that they show their QC process, I find it somewhat comforting!

dmmoroney

Does anybody else have some insight into Higgins IWC recommendations? I'm trying to make this decision today. I just want to get the watch that best offers me the opportunity for a long life span of wear!

LightGeek

Just picked up the gold version... completely agree!

Strap

Rep strap... the croc patern looks pretty artificial. The length of the small side is not optimal for a deployant clasp. Is the gen like this? Anybody?

machiavegli

I'd recommend trying this on at TD before picking one up for yourself. I caught one on M2M last year & let it go a week later because while I think it looks fantastic in pictures, on the wrist it looks a little "old man-ish" like my departed grandpa would wear. I love IWC but this design is super-conservative & non eye catching in person IMHO

-Mach

JSJ

Well it really depends on your personal taste. Or maybe I'm just the age of your departed grandpa!

I have several IWC reps and the 3777 is currently my favourite watch of all. It has superlume, is practically as accurate as a quartz and looks great. But that's just my opinion.

I wore the 3714 for a day at the weekend because I think it's the most elegant and stunning watch I've ever seen. I'll be very sparing with my wearing of it though because I want it to last.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

LightGeek

I agree that it feels more like an "old money" watch. Can't wear it until I get a new strap though :(

Mirage

Just get a punchy strap and grandpa will look 40 years younger ;) In an office environment, its perfect for me.

not_finbar

Goddamn that is beautiful. I'm bored of my Ingy, it may be time for a new IWC...

ramliver1

Nice grab.

ghoststar

Buy straps from The Watch Boys. Best quality alligator IWC straps I have seen, and the lowest price. Really makes a huge difference in the overall look of the watch.

LightGeek

I'll give them a shot. Looked at them before and pricing didn't seem to competitive. I ordered a rose gold buckle in the meantime to reuse the beef jerky rep strap.

wrenches&watches

I'm jealous of the triangle on that 3777, looks spot on. Any issues with the movement and pushers? Even your hands all look well aligned. I love mine but she needs to be gutted, damn a7750's.

pmeek

Hey Mirage, how are you enjoying your watch? Could you update on your purchase from Mary? Thanks!

Mirage

I enjoy this watch alot, the only downside is probably the AR. It is not so good and on a dark dial it is hard to read time. But appart from that its a fantastic watch that keeps good time so far. 1200 hours of wrist time. I have a 2nd one in the mail from mary as well ;)

higginsd

Which TD is "Mary"?

J!m

When they fix the number "4" on the dial (V4 perhaps?) I'll be all over it.

Other than that, the overall impression from this watch is excellent.

Mirage
Which TD is "Mary"?

Mary and Rochest at watchinternational. They are a truated dealer on here.

Adamsmith

excellent review with great pictures!

thanks !

i am waiting for them to fix the shape of "4" on the dial.

Adamsmith

When they fix the number "4" on the dial (V4 perhaps?) I'll be all over it.

Other than that, the overall impression from this watch is excellent.

exactly! this watch is quite impressive!

if they can rep the curve for "4", then it's gonna be a super rep!

higginsd

There are also older gen versions with a non curved 4. Only the actual gen version has this curved 4. The actual reps have this curved 4, but they are all quartz watches. IMHO a NoGo, sorry.

EDIT: sorry, the versions with the curved 4 are no quartz but automatics. Only the dials have some strange colors... ;-)

Edited by higginsd

JSJ

Just took this on my phone, struggled with depth of field for all three but they are sharp enough to see the 4 on each.

IMG_20140521_213556_zps5c14057e.jpg

Three dials:

Top and middle, rep, bottom gen.

Top and bottom, straight 4, middle curved 4.

I'm not really sure what the point is about which 4 we want. If you like the curved 4 more, then fine but it's not to do with how like a gen it is. I marginally prefer the straight one but I'm not that bothered.

shirz123

Absolutely stunning. Personally, I am fixed on the white dial/gold hands version, but your pictures have opened my mind to other possibilities. Great shots, and thanks for sharing. Enjoy.

iamawatchaddict

Hello RWGers, can anyone give the website of this Mary and watchinternational? I have tried looking them up several times. Did they change their domain? Thanks.

LightGeek
Hello RWGers, can anyone give the website of this Mary and watchinternational? I have tried looking them up several times. Did they change their domain? Thanks.

Look in their Trusted Dealer section for ordering instructions.