Sign in to follow this  
bowtiefanatc

Nautilus 5711 Lite?

Kleen™

I'm not launching at you Sard - not in anyway.

But I find it kinda ironical, that even with a direct side-by-side comparison / photo, people are not able to say which is the genuine article and which is the rep. Despite the differences being so blatant. Makes you think, does it not....?

_DC_

Having seen that pic I am even more adamant that the gen is on the left. On the gen all the mid links are the same thickness, but on the SW200 the last one is fatter, you can see it very clearly in that pic, the one on the left is the gen!!!! Also the brushed finish is clearly higher quality on the left hand one!!

DC

sardonix
Having seen that pic I am even more adamant that the gen is on the left. On the gen all the mid links are the same thickness, but on the SW200 the last one is fatter, you can see it very clearly in that pic, the one on the left is the gen!!!! Also the brushed finish is clearly higher quality on the left hand one!!

DC

DC you are wright looked at the pics again and i see to much things on the right watch if i blow it up which are not haute cuisine :)

But the easiest way to tell if you look close in the Toro topic is......that the right one has the extra hole in the first bracelet link, the left one has no hole.......so DC you are spot on :)

_DC_

DC

DC you are wright looked at the pics again and i see to much things on the right watch if i blow it up which are not haute cuisine :)

But the easiest way to tell if you look close in the Toro topic is......that the right one has the extra hole in the first bracelet link, the left one has no hole.......so DC you are spot on :)

Yeah I spotted the extra hole too but couldn't be bothered to reply again, haha!!

I know my Pateks god dammit!!!

:P

DC

_DC_

DC

Yeah I spotted the extra hole too but couldn't be bothered to reply again, haha!!

I know my Pateks god dammit!!!

:P

DC

PS: Haute cuisine, lol, Pateks are tasty but I'm pretty sure that means food!!

DC

Realism

photo9_zps2418a701.jpg

:giggle:

left

mike70sk

hi has anybody bought one of the lite leather versions ? I'm interested in hearing about there impression on the movement and the leather strap, i know the rep straps aren't the best, but is it decent enough to wear and be comfortable ? also this one is a tad thicker, how does the watch fit and feel ?

Kleen™
hi has anybody bought one of the lite leather versions ? I'm interested in hearing about there impression on the movement and the leather strap, i know the rep straps aren't the best, but is it decent enough to wear and be comfortable ? also this one is a tad thicker, how does the watch fit and feel ?

The rep strap is instant-throw-away quality. Oiling it up won't help a least bit...

Nomistra

The rep strap is instant-throw-away quality. Oiling it up won't help a least bit...

The dealers say that the best version 5711 with leather strap for $500 has "first quality/premium" leather. Anyone who bougth this and want to share their opinion?

Daywatch

Lol, never has the difference been so obvious to me, indeed only the left is gen (end links).

HI Nomistra, with this watch go only stainless as the bracelet is part of the design. Than You may buy a strap additionally which is very expensive because it needs that special attachment. The leather is far from matching the watch quality so You have to invest more with the bracelet You have the option.

My 21j caught in an m2m sale

L1050300_zps20e6f79a.jpg

mike70sk

I don't wear bracelet watches anymore because i cant get a good fit, its either super tight or falling down my wrist, don't feel like paying 500(which would end up being 650 with shipping and currency conversion) for a rep, can anyone comment on the if the leather band is like ?

Kleen™
I don't wear bracelet watches anymore because i cant get a good fit, its either super tight or falling down my wrist, don't feel like paying 500(which would end up being 650 with shipping and currency conversion) for a rep, can anyone comment on the if the leather band is like ?

Yes, I might be able to help you, if you can elaborate on what part of "instant-throw-away-quality" you did you not understand...?!

_DC_

Yes, I might be able to help you, if you can elaborate on what part of "instant-throw-away-quality" you did you not understand...?!

I don't entirely agree with you on this Kleen. Although perhaps the "lite" version uses a different quality strap to the SW200 version?!?

What I can say with some authority having owned an SW200 on leather strap then purchased and swapped it for a gen strap, is that although the gen Patek strap is obviously a great deal softer and more comfortable, the rep strap which came with the watch I bought was far from the throw away quality you usually get. It was soft and flexible, with a nice satin finish as opposed to the high gloss you often get.

As I say, genuine strap was sublime, but it was also several hundred dollars to buy!!

DC

mike70sk

what about a Royal Oak lite, are the straps throw away too ?

http://pureti.me/product/royal-oak-41mm-15400-ss-black-dial-on-black-leather-strap-a23j/

its got a 2 star rating (4 people voted) don't if they bought it, or if there rating reflects crappy leather band.

I'm running out of things to buy, if all these leather straps are junk and it cost more for a replacement strap then the rep cost

Kleen™

Yes - it is absolute junk!

Daywatch

You can buy all standard 20 - 22 - 24 mm watches and get smooth/hard/ comfortable wonderful etc straps for them. It´s just these patek/AP and some IWC that are excluded or have very pricey straps. The 16570 Explorer II on a croco strap I wear it almost daily now, nice and comfortable since that (not-so-good) bracelet is off

mike70sk

You can buy all standard 20 - 22 - 24 mm watches and get smooth/hard/ comfortable wonderful etc straps for them. It´s just these patek/AP and some IWC that are excluded or have very pricey straps. The 16570 Explorer II on a croco strap I wear it almost daily now, nice and comfortable since that (not-so-good) bracelet is off

yeah i know but i really want a PP and a Royal Oak and SS Strap is not an option for me. what about the Royal Oak Divers, (not as dressy) but what about the rubber bands are they good ?

by absolute junk, do you mean they are incredibly uncomfortable and make you not want to wear the watch ?

if there straps are reasonably comfortable and wont fall apart right way, i would be happy enough with that, but dosent like this is the case according to the OP

Has anyone actually worn these PP and RO leather watch's to verify there junk ?

Edited by mike70sk

_DC_

yeah i know but i really want a PP and a Royal Oak and SS Strap is not an option for me. what about the Royal Oak Divers, (not as dressy) but what about the rubber bands are they good ?

by absolute junk, do you mean they are incredibly uncomfortable and make you not want to wear the watch ?

if there straps are reasonably comfortable and wont fall apart right way, i would be happy enough with that, but dosent like this is the case according to the OP

Maybe you didn't read my post?!

Yes I have worn Patek Nautilus on leater strap, purchased from M2M, the SW200 version, and the strap is NOT junk, it never fell apart (I still have the strap actually) and it was quite comfortable! It's never going to be gen quality but it was a lot rotter than most rep straps which probably are junk!!

DC

Daywatch

The APRO Diver has an excellent quality, non-smelly large and grippy rubber-strap. It´s really good and the watch itself is impressive from it´s quality build.

Kleen™

Maybe you didn't read my post?!

Yes I have worn Patek Nautilus on leater strap, purchased from M2M, the SW200 version, and the strap is NOT junk, it never fell apart (I still have the strap actually) and it was quite comfortable! It's never going to be gen quality but it was a lot rotter than most rep straps which probably are junk!!

DC

I think we're wasting our breath with this guy. I consistently answered him reg. the Lite version strap three times now, and it still has not sunk in. You replied reg. the SW-strap twice....

I recommend Mike to save his dollars and buy a few books on gooder reading and comprehension skills instead...

mike70sk

Has it occurred to you that your opinion of what total junks is, may not be the opinion that is universally held by all people of the world ?

Kleen™
Has it occurred to you that your opinion of what total junks is, may not be the opinion that is universally held by all people of the world ?

Has it occurred to you that when you ask for peoples opinion, that is what you're going to get...

mike70sk

it has now

The astromaster

Let's all just get pocket watches

_DC_
Let's all just get pocket watches

Lol, let's all just stop resurrecting posts from over three years ago :rofl:

DC