Sign in to follow this  
Eiderdaus

Bezel inserts nad dials for 16610

Eiderdaus

Hi,

anybody that can tell where to buy bezel inserts (not clicking...those for glueing) and dials. Please for 16610 with the most grade of accuracy to the gen. Not for other models. Brightlight gave very good sites but unfortunately for vintages only.

But there must be a dealer that sells this stuff anywhere in the world :D

cheers Eiderdaus

KBH

The best is obviously a gen insert which can be found on eBay occasionally for between $75 to $150. I paid $100 for the last one I jbought.

I can tell you what our esteemed expert Sub builder BKLM1234 uses and recommends. He buys the inserts from here: http://stores.ebay.com/wholesaleoutlet990 and the pearls from here: http://www.watchmaterial.com/listCategorie...?idCategory=362

The hole on the insert has to be slightly enlarged for the WatchMaterial pearl to fit.

Eiderdaus

Thanks KBH,

but can I use a gen bezel insert on a rep ? the gens are for clicking-in and reps are for glueing, so that means I can glue the gen ones ?

JoeyB

Depending on your rep the insert might snap in. But I'd still use an adhesive. The insert for the gen should fit fine, and might need just a bit of fitting, if any, to install it.

Clark's Watch Parts has inserts that are used by many modders, and he is a recommended dealer here.

sconehead

...have you asked BK if he can supply you with a WM9 insert? I think he sells them for around $40-60...:)

KBH

I just put in a gen in a Chinese Sub case and it took a lot of filing and fitting to get it right and I had to glue it in. It really depends on the case. The main problem with most of the aftermarket inserts is the pearl. That's why you need the Watchmaterial pearl to make it look right.

On my Sea Dweller a gen snapped in very tight, a perfect fit.

fakemaster
The best is obviously a gen insert which can be found on eBay occasionally for between $75 to $150.

Good answer.

Eiderdaus

OCCASIONALLY :(

Eiderdaus

so damn, brightlight gave me so good sites for vintages, it seems that those sides for newer models are not existing

KBH
so damn, brightlight gave me so good sites for vintages, it seems that those sides for newer models are not existing

I'm not understanding you. You've been given all the information about several different approaches to finding what you need and you're saying that the sites don't exist.

Are you by chance looking for ceramic bezel inserts? If so, they are not available.

Eiderdaus

I'm not understanding you. You've been given all the information about several different approaches to finding what you need and you're saying that the sites don't exist.

Are you by chance looking for ceramic bezel inserts? If so, they are not available.

Maybe it´s because of the language.... you all gave me useful tipps but I was hoping that there is a dealer that sells rep inserts that have a good pearl so that i would not have to switch the pearl with another one myself. But it seems that I need to order the insert in the one shop , buy the pearl in the other shop and then try to put them together. I am not saying that the sites are not existing, I saying that the sites, such as yukiwatches for vintages are obviously not existing for newer models. A site where you can buy dials for 16610 or 16600 in high quality and the hands etc. And I was asking if they exist and if yes if somebody can name the sites. Now understandable ?

What I don´t understand is that nearly everybody with a good knowledge knows what the mistakes at the reps are and no rep producer is taking this into account. Even the expensive wm9 need to be corrected and I cannot imaging that producing a case with the exact form like the gen is more expensive than producing a case with wrong CG...for the crown its the same. I could understand the materials are different, even that they will not use 904 Steal but making mistakes in the forms is ridiculous and bad research :(

By the way, ceramic bezels are available....

fakemaster
What I don´t understand is that nearly everybody with a good knowledge knows what the mistakes at the reps are and no rep producer is taking this into account.
:(

But it seems that I need to order the insert in the one shop , buy the pearl in the other shop and then try to put them together.

Correct. Since all the reps come from the same place all the parts will be the same.