Sign in to follow this  
flawless85

Ultimate Planet Ocean 42mm vs. Ceramic Side by Side review

Derek Mc

Lovely watch. Think the 42 will be my first purchase. Has any body found a cure for the bezel fade?

Andrew at TT has told many people that they have cured the bezel fade issues but only time and wear I suppose will tell.

snaaakeey

My noob 45mm crpo is 3 months old. Wear it every day and its ceramic bezel is still perfect. Think they fixed this issue. If you are cleaning your watch with an impregnated jewellers cloth you've killed you ar. ( I did it on my 1st noob po) the ar is perfect on the above watch also. You should be getting months not days out of the ar coat. Strange stuff. Stick a gen crystal in. I did. It's sweet.

Doomsday

Let's take a close-up shot of the movement, please.

flawless85

I will post some pics when I am home and with my camera:)

flawless85

Here you go:

2014-04-27025423_zpsdc2ad4ba.jpg

2014-04-27025511_zps0ade60fd.jpg

2014-04-27025558_zps11148752.jpg

Kmazn19

Interesting read.

flawless85

The movement is surprisingly good. It's a Swiss eta 2824 and the power reserve is much better than with my other watches.

samadkins29

The movement is surprisingly good. It's a Swiss eta 2824 and the power reserve is much better than with my other watches.

(I am still new here) - How long does the power reserve last? My only rep at the moment is cheap Rolex Submariner and it doesn't go for more than a day sitting.

flawless85

(I am still new here) - How long does the power reserve last? My only rep at the moment is cheap Rolex Submariner and it doesn't go for more than a day sitting.

The movement has a 48h power reserve!

repdancing

Slightly unrelated - I see a number of reps use the ETA 2824. Do any PO reps use the ETA 2892? I think it's supposed to be more accurate but I'm not yet familiar enough with movements to know why a 2824 is the movement of choice for a PO.

Edited by repdancing

flawless85

Slightly unrelated - I see a number of reps use the ETA 2824. Do any PO reps use the ETA 2892? I think it's supposed to be more accurate but I'm not yet familiar enough with movements to know why a 2824 is the movement of choice for a PO.

Sorry pal! I really don't know what the difference is, probably it has something to do with the date function. Usually other movements support other functions like day date etc...

samadkins29

I assume they are both 42mm, but the new PO looks smaller? Do you have any shots of them on your wrist? I am trying to figure out what my first PO should be and I can decide between the 42mm and 45mm and the old and new version...

Also, how is the weight and what was the price?

(Sorry for all the questions)

Edited by samadkins29