Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

The right tools & equipment really do make things easier. DWO removal tool merged

SSTEEL

Timegrapher arrived today. Looking forward to checking my various pieces :)

Here's my current workbench as it stands right now. Still unfinished, with several more key pieces to arrive including industrial ultrasonic cleaner, WR tester, watchmakers bench green mat, watchmakers strip lamp, Mag lamp, and Stereo Microscope. Only once these arrive, I can finally get my bench set up permanently :)

9559601403_7bdfd70e07_b.jpg

Edited by SSTEEL

MLAB

Lidl here I come! Finally a good solution to the too many watches problem.

Kcore

Great progress Mick and impressive! Did you get the metal lathe you wanted? Would love to see pics of that too.

Cheers!

SSTEEL

Thanks mate. Lathe will be one of my final machine purchases once I have established myself :)

fraggle42

SSteel, that lathe looks cool.

I've got a mini CNC mill which is fun to use, but it has an steep learning curve, I had to learn Autocad, the exporter software and the mill control software (which runs on Windows 98!) and then how to make the models for what I wanted to make, do them a few times in wood to make sure they're right and then in metal.

Used it to create a few footrest brackets for motorbikes so I can ride them with my knackered leg.

nyckid
Order away SSTEEL. Shop is open again.

Col, a couple of weeks ago I placed an order and PMd you about it but I'm not sure if you got my PM mate. :dunno:

bgreg

Not really a lot just yet, but purchased a watch case holder, and a set of Rolex case opening tools from Ace Timer in the US.

Next up I will be getting the RWG tool kit, but alas, I have to wait until Trailboss is back on the 18th :)

I noticed that Ace Timer has some nice reasonable priced watch cases too.

They have a superb track record on their ebay account, and upon following a link to their actual webshop, I managed to save almost 20 bucks :)

Link to their ebay..

http://myworld.ebay....=p2047675.l2559

Link to their store..

https://www.acetimer.com/home.php

Anyone else purchased from them?

I've bought both a 20 watch vertical case from them from my pre-rep days and a winder (which I leave off). Both are great, but the winder stands out. The fit and finish are absolutely top notch. Definitely buy from Acetimer. I'd recommend buying directly from their website since their prices on eBAY are higher to offset the fees.

9249500404_927af01cab_c.jpg

9249472796_781a6509f7_c.jpg

9249473040_460a2396af_z.jpg

9246691251_8f7d6948de_z.jpg

9249473252_b7dd44666b_z.jpg

9246690205_5e4a076015_z.jpg

9246690985_2231cd94ef_z.jpg

Bought a 20 watch case from them pre-rep days

ruse9ujy.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Irishcain

Nice tools mate. As for a lathe, you're going to be tempted to buy it part by part. You'll need the lathe, collets, chucks, and an assortment of other parts and tools depending on what you want to do. Don't. My advise is to save up and buy a complete outfit. A lot of blogs/forums/etc go on and on about how only the antique watchmaker lathes do anything well, and its complete crap. Sincereclocks on ebay sels a very good lathe and parts, total to set yourself up should be about $1,300 to $1,500 USD. Or you could go higher end and buy Cowell's 90cw and parts for $4,000 to $5,000 USD. They'll both work well. It's also a nice mini vise. Don't forget to make a couple of different clams for it, definitely a brass and aluminum set at least.

SSTEEL

Thanks for the info. The lathe I plan on investing in, is a complete set up. I posted a link to it earlier. Obviously there will be the odds and sods you mention that I will need to buy to go with it too.

SSTEEL

I have some work to do soon with one of my reps, need to relocate some dial markers, and was looking around for a suitable dial work pad which would accommodate the dial feet. I came across this...

http://www.esslinger.com/bergeon-7053-n-watch-movement-dial-base-support.aspx

9570578974_2b2b89af34.jpg

Its perfect for what I wanted, but the price @ almost $80 is crazy, so I looked around for an alternative. I came across something that's pretty much the same size/dimensions, and made with vulcanised rubber.

A Hockey Puck :) Only £3.80 delivered :D

9570592936_3ced4418dc_o.jpg

I will drill the bloody holes myself :P

SSTEEL

Here's where I'm at as of yesterday. Still waiting on funds so I can start getting the bigger things such as Ultrasonic clear, WR tester, UV lap, Mag lamp, and watchmakers light.

9654207766_cf1326399f_b.jpg

onzenuub

Is CNY still going on? :lol:

SSTEEL

I don't think I can edit my thread title, otherwise I would.

onzenuub
I don't think I can edit my thread title, otherwise I would.

Yes you can, just click the advanced edit option

SSTEEL

Ah, will try, hang on.

SSTEEL

Done :D Cheers mate ;)

Chavezzito

Wow...does this mean that we nordic people will soon have a watchsmith closer to us? :D

SSTEEL

Wow...does this mean that we nordic people will soon have a watchsmith closer to us? :D

Thats the plan, however, I still have a lot to learn.

Chavezzito

Thats the plan, however, I still have a lot to learn.

Great...and good luck!

SSTEEL

Sjors

Nice tools!! :)

SSTEEL

Cheers, getting there slowly.

SSTEEL

Finally paid for my Ultrasonic cleaner today, so should be here next week.

Digital Time and Heat Control :

With digital display of set time and time remaining, and set temperature and actual temperature

ULTRASONIC CLEANER Features:

Material: Stainless steel with diamond-shaped figures.

Temperature setting:0-80℃ adjustable

Time setting: 1-99 minutest adjustable

Digital display

Superior quality SCM chip

High-performance transducer

Secure and stable PCBA

CE/FCC tested and approval   

9680157752_6f95b40e2b_b.jpg

9676925789_b9eb4f66b6_b.jpg

Chose to get it from a seller UK based due to a friend of mine getting stung for import duty on the one she ordered from China.

twofake

love this thread.

Keep going. I want to see how you go with your watch timing machine (once you get up and running).

Best of luck and we are right behind you.

SSTEEL

love this thread.

Keep going. I want to see how you go with your watch timing machine (once you get up and running).

Best of luck and we are right behind you.

I have already been using my timegrapher, and posted a thread here on my initial tests of my collection..

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...er&fromsearch=1

9563944002_b8692776f8_b.jpg

A couple of members pm'd me asking where I got my large dust cover from below...

9681972149_4c31832276_b.jpg

Bergeon sell one just like it for around £80 plus shipping, but as with Bergeon, their prices are quite expensive, and they are alternatives out there if you look. Here's a link to the seller of the above dust cover.. £20ish delivered

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

Edited by SSTEEL