Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

The right tools & equipment really do make things easier. DWO removal tool merged

Chrisby

Damn! That's a fine collection of tools and is looking like a fantastic set up.

Congrats... When are you taking orders ;)

SSTEEL

Thanks, still learning mate, but have a couple of watches already in the queue for repairs/mods :)

fraggle42

A couple of members pm'd me asking where I got my large dust cover from below...

9681972149_4c31832276_b.jpg

Bergeon sell one just like it for around £80 plus shipping, but as with Bergeon, their prices are quite expensive, and they are alternatives out there if you look. Here's a link to the seller of the above dust cover.. £20ish delivered

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

Nice find! Just ordered one :)

Although my workbench is starting to get very crowded now lol

I took delivery of an AmScope stereo microscope the other day, has a 165mm working distance so loads of room to work in, love it (but I now need a higher chair so I can comfortably look through it)

SSTEEL

A couple of members pm'd me asking where I got my large dust cover from below...

9681972149_4c31832276_b.jpg

Bergeon sell one just like it for around £80 plus shipping, but as with Bergeon, their prices are quite expensive, and they are alternatives out there if you look. Here's a link to the seller of the above dust cover.. £20ish delivered

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

Nice find! Just ordered one :)

Although my workbench is starting to get very crowded now lol

I took delivery of an AmScope stereo microscope the other day, has a 165mm working distance so loads of room to work in, love it (but I now need a higher chair so I can comfortably look through it)

Your welcome. My work bench consists of two full sized office desks laid out in an L Shape in the corner of out big living room. The way things are going, there won't be any room for my laptop soon, so now looking into work bench organisers, the wooden made type.

SSTEEL

Ultrasonic clear has landed :)

9718146182_73c0e05feb_b.jpg

fraggle42

Nice!

I'll carry on using the dishwasher for now :D

SSTEEL

Hah, I used to use our dishwasher back in the UK for cleaning car parts lol. Plastics mainly.

SSTEEL

For those new here, and not seen this yet...

I have some work to do soon with one of my reps, need to relocate some dial markers, and was looking around for a suitable dial work pad which would accommodate the dial feet. I came across this...

http://www.esslinger...se-support.aspx

9570578974_2b2b89af34.jpg

Its perfect for what I wanted, but the price @ almost $80 is crazy, so I looked around for an alternative. I came across something that's pretty much the same size/dimensions, and made with vulcanised rubber.

A Hockey Puck :) Only £3.80 delivered :D

9570592936_3ced4418dc_o.jpg

I will drill the bloody holes myself :P

My ice hockey puck arrived today :P

Just waiting on my micro drill set, then I have quite a few holes to drill, then I will have my own Bergeon style dial working platform.

9721568379_f9c47d35a7_b.jpg

SSTEEL

Just been trying out my new Ultrasonic cleaner. Wow, this is bloody fun. Scouring the house for things to clean now lol.

Results are amazing.

deathnote

Micky's Ssteel brand watches coming to an AD near you soon !!

SSTEEL

aha :P

fraggle42

You're nuts LOL!

I'm off out to pick up a Clarke 300 mini lathe tomorrow :)

I don't plan on making any watch parts with it but you never know, if its good enough and accurate enough...

fraggle42

Bloody hellfire, that pillar drill is a steal! £50!

I think I'll be getting one of those,, thanks for the heads up!

SSTEEL

Please post about your mini lathe when you get it mate, I would be interested to hear how it is.

Yes, this drill press is a steal. Nice small one for the bench :)

SSTEEL

Talking on mini lathe, I have decided that I will save some money each month, and once I have enough, I will invest in the COWELLS 90CW Lathe. It has countless tools available for it, and whilst expensive at £2500, I feel its a worthy investment.

http://www.cowells.com/90cw.htm

8852677.jpg

I also invested in the George Daniels book, The Watchmaker, which is a great resource of information on building your very own timepiece with your own materials, and hand.

$T2eC16Z,!)YFIb6z4sTgBSP(MYOjVg~~60_12.JPG

I have been reading the following blog for the last few months, and it too is also a great resource of information, from watchmakers tools, making your own tools, and much much more.

http://watchmaking.w....com/index.html

Edited by SSTEEL

Olly

Your really going for it mate ! Good on ya ! I feel a TD i the making :) I my self could do with some new tools so i can offer more things to do for people :D

Pihlippe

Hmm this is........nuts?

SSTEEL

Your really going for it mate ! Good on ya ! I feel a TD i the making :) I my self could do with some new tools so i can offer more things to do for people :D

The good thing about saving for the lathe is that whilst saving, I am learning lots by reading blogs like the once I linked to earlier, and also reading the sales brochure, and whatnot so when I do eventually get that lathe, I will know exactly whats what with it, and what tools I need to go with it to carry out all the various jobs I will want to do with it.

Hmm this is........nuts?

Nope, common sense. ;)

Pihlippe

Hmm this is........nuts?

Nope, common sense. ;)

:lol: I'v been there myself, just belive you have reached another level..... ;)

SSTEEL

Maybe mate, but still have a long way to go, but enjoying learning more, great fun!

Olly

Have a look at the Bergeon Lathe !! Now your talking money :D

SSTEEL

Nah, the Cowells lathe is perfectly suited for my plans.

I have just added yet another piece to my tools haul, a compound vice, or in other words, a cross vice to go with my drill press.

Olly

Have you thought of getting a vice with two amethysts to valence parts. I'm sure you would use it if you need a lathe. I'll dig out a picture :)

Olly

This:

ana2ypuh.jpg