Sign in to follow this  
g3ngs

Morning all...

g3ngs

New to the forum so just saying hi, hello and seasons greetings to you all.

I knew that the buying a rep wouldn't be completely clear cut, but never realised quite how nuanced it all was so very grateful for all the great advice that's on here.

AndyBlue

Welcome.

greg_r

Welcome! :D

Pharmo

welcome buddy :)

BadPickle

It's a minefield, it really is... "Noob factory.. H factory... BP factory, recessed date window..... AAA+++ best edition.... Who had the best sub......... but with plenty of reading, absolutely no sleep whatsoever, and plenty of patience waiting for the thing to get delivered, a little bit of determination, you'll get there my friend!!

Welcome.... :thumbsup:

g3ngs

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Over the years have ended up with some really appalling tat from ebay, Sub with wonky markers, duff Tags etc etc I thought it was about time that I made some better informed decisions over my hankering for an Explorer 2.

elp

Hello from London

Visioneer

Welcome and enjoy you're new rep buying hobby.

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :)

onzenuub

Welcome from The Netherlands

g3ngs

Thank you again :)

I've not bought any replicas for a few years having had my fingers royally burned a few times, but you live and learn and I've been doing a fair bit of reading through those threads (hindsight being a great thing, I can't think of any reason why I didn't ask for qc / proof pictures before.... having foolishly believed that what I was looking at was what I was actually going to get :stupid: !)

That said, I'm sure you've all heard it before :)

Anyway onward and upward, Explorer 2 in black or white would be lovely thanks Santa.

dalboy

Welcome to RWG

Dal

jgoorn

Thank you again :)

I've not bought any replicas for a few years having had my fingers royally burned a few times, but you live and learn and I've been doing a fair bit of reading through those threads (hindsight being a great thing, I can't think of any reason why I didn't ask for qc / proof pictures before.... having foolishly believed that what I was looking at was what I was actually going to get :stupid: !)

That said, I'm sure you've all heard it before :)

Anyway onward and upward, Explorer 2 in black or white would be lovely thanks Santa.

Sad to hear that you had to burn yourself to learn that fire was hot. But once you start looking at it in another way next time you won't buy an AAA+++ Sub. Best of luck. TD's do currently stock Explorer 2's in black and white.

wqleow

Welcome and I'm sure you'll pick out your Christmas present soon!

g3ngs

Ah well, it was six maybe more years ago now so it's all water under the bridge now, and besides that where's the fun in rocking up to a shop and just buying it! :)

Kal-el

Welcome :)

nyckid

Welcome to RWG :)

Mr Stubbs

Welcome from Canada! :canuck: