Sign in to follow this  
joshc220

John Mayer talks watches

joshc220

Here is a neat video with John Mayer talking watches, many rare and vintage. I've been a musician my whole life and John's recent stuff represents a move toward a more purist, bare bones approach to creating music that shows in his watch collecting too. I just enjoyed seeing two of my favorite things together, a great artist with some great watches. Hope you enjoy it too.

deathnote

This has been posted before mate

joshc220

oops...

James.

old news. He has an interestieng piece on the new B&R 123 chrono on Hodinkee atm. he's quite knowledgable on watches, the old JM is, and facinatingly enough unlike most "afficionados" doesn't limit himself to only the $100k+ market. not as much watch snobbery as one may have assumed. Fair play to the man.

joshc220

A great guitar has a soul that only the musician can appreciate. Each one is individual, gets better with age and usually the uglier the better. What stood out to me was how he brings that same approach to collecting watches.

millionaire wannabe

John Mayer is my hero! :)

Well said, and extraordinary collection, can't help but wonder what wasn't brought there? ???

millionaire wannabe

Oh, and deathnote, I think that kitty needs rehab! Seriously the kitty needs to stay away from all that powder! Lol. :)

RUSH2112

I'm not a fan of his but this was well done. He sure loves rolex and does not seem to have interest in panerai or omega.

El_Cabong56
I'm not a fan of his but this was well done. He sure loves rolex and does not seem to have interest in panerai or omega.

Interestingly, at 4:50 in the video a pam (fiddy?) shows up on the table. Odd that it wasn't discussed in either the video or the accompanying article.

RUSH2112

Interestingly, at 4:50 in the video a pam (fiddy?) shows up on the table. Odd that it wasn't discussed in either the video or the accompanying article.

Didn't catch that. Editing?

wrenches&watches

Thanks for the post, I now will take a second look at Patek, I have read several recent blurbs about the datographs place in horological aristocracy. Still can't see the beauty in a Rolex though.

BentleySharp

Yea, this was posted about a month ago. Still cool though.

Yonni-weaners

John's such an awesome guy, has great taste in music and watches.

Royale Pearl

I will watch this thank you

Hyjynx
John's such an awesome guy, has great taste in music and watches.

... and women. It would be very remiss of us to leave that out! :D

ShovelnTC

Ive been a guitarist and Bass player for over 40 years, I only hope that one day I'll be a musician!

deathnote

Thanks for the post, I now will take a second look at Patek, I have read several recent blurbs about the datographs place in horological aristocracy. Still can't see the beauty in a Rolex though.

I agree on the Rolex part, never liked em, To me Rolex other than anything else seems more of a status symbol. Some people keep going on and on about their movements but I think there are a lot of other watch companies with great movements and much better looking watches in that price range.

joshc220
Ive been a guitarist and Bass player for over 40 years, I only hope that one day I'll be a musician!

To me, a musician is a person who creates music from the heart. Anyone who has played that long is sure to do that! I'm mainly a guitarist/drummer myself. Most of my collecting has been acoustic guitars but I've always had a thing for a beautiful watch. So here I am learning a few things about it lol.

J!m

John shows respect to the 5517.

He's OK with me. :)