Sign in to follow this  
Flave

BP Sub-C vs. BP Classic Sea Dweller

BP Sub-C vs. BP Classic Sea Dweller  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Which one wins?

• Sub-C
    • Classic Sea Dweller
    • Forget the watches, where can I get that beadspread?

jgoorn

Too big for my small wrists. Yacht master SS for me.

bowtiefanatc

Having a 16610 & a 116610 I think I still need a Sea Dweller & a DSSD :)

But out of the two I really like the classic look. The Sub-C is much more for casual I think personally. Sea Dweller or 16610 can easily be worn with a suit on a regular basis without seeming a little too flashy

jjml1966

Sub C with my prescription cyclops for my old eyes.

Will have both eventually.

nunu78
Easy peasy - the cyclops is what turns me off the Sub.

Then by no date sub.

ShovelnTC

Neither wins as they are both beautiful watches, I have a few subs but no SD's as like jjml I love the cyclops for practical and aesthetic reasons so my preference if for the Sub.

Kleen™

Don't forget spread some some good ol'fashioned luvvin o the Double Red SD and the Great White...

sgcurtis

Gosh I think I had that bedspread once, but that was in the 80's I think.....

chats

i chose the most hilarious candidate. but seriusly though SD anytime! cant beat SD

Kleen™

So it seems pretty much the majority being in favour of the SD.

But which SD rep do people prefer, then - expanding the selection from the OP...?

Daywatch

Great comparison shoot mate. Just loved it. The Cyclops and the bigger circles/blue lume of the Sub-C first put me off - so I thought - but got both and - just given some time - the ceramic starts to grow on You, the instant adjustability of the bracelet is perfect, the blue lume isn´t so strong in the beginning but it holds all night and even the Cyclops is fun sometimes, though it catches a lot of dirt. Both are getting the same wrist-time in the end so its 45% ceramic/55% for the SD - and You need them both.

My pair says hello:)

M-series16610Seadweller_1399_zpsc598fd45.jpg

Now to expand this a little, for me the Winner since yesterday is: TC Cadell Submariner Rouge 25-286 (without Cyclops), thinner caseset, far improved dial, gen-like positioning of hands - and a red secondhand:)

TCCRvsCeramicSub_1347.jpg

Kleen™

Submariner Rouge - I like it...:-)

ticktickboom

SD all the way for me also. Here is my pair, TC 16610LN and modded BPSD, Gen insert, TC hands/bracelet....

5.JPG

Flave
So it seems pretty much the majority being in favour of the SD.

But which SD rep do people prefer, then - expanding the selection from the OP...?

Hilarious! This is the bedspread in our guest room.. the place I have to go to take pics without being caught by my wife.. trying to keep this hobby under raps, or at least as much as possible.

Flave
Great comparison shoot mate. Just loved it. The Cyclops and the bigger circles/blue lume of the Sub-C first put me off - so I thought - but got both and - just given some time - the ceramic starts to grow on You, the instant adjustability of the bracelet is perfect, the blue lume isn´t so strong in the beginning but it holds all night and even the Cyclops is fun sometimes, though it catches a lot of dirt. Both are getting the same wrist-time in the end so its 45% ceramic/55% for the SD - and You need them both.

My pair says hello:)

Thanks, buddy. Mine get almost equal wrist time as well, but I find myself spending more time with the SD. The Sub-C does grow on you, and at times I prefer the slightly bulkier feel, which isn't nearly as massive as the DSSD. However, I find that the SD feels more gen-like to me and is more unique than the Sub.

What factory is your SD from?

Flave
BP sub ceramics, part for part are very accurate. The sum of the parts together as a timepiece leave a lot to be desired. The overall fit and finish isn't quite up to par, even though the SEL fitment is much better than the latest noob.

The 16600 was a watch I don't think anyone saw coming. Whether intentional or not, they pretty much nailed it. With TC having produced some 16600 dials and upgrading some other parts, the watch is a super rep to the nth degree.

No contest.

I agree that the 16600 is a fine specimen. Right out of the box it is very accurate to gen. I have to say that I prefer the bracelet and clasp on the Sub-C. I don't think they are interchangeable, but if they were I would swap them out in a heartbeat!

That hard to do? I imagine the spacing between the lugs are more or less the same. Give it a go!

I've often wondered this. Any idea if it can be done?

Daywatch

Hi Fabe, it´s a so-called special project from Trusty made with a gen M-series SD 1:1 copy; very good lume and "factory waterproof tested to 10 ATM". Want to use this next summer after checking the waterproofness. Like the pearl also and was lucky to have all centered perfectly. It has been a very good and classic watch.

Here its sitting on a Nato:

sd800IMG_0518.jpg

Kleen™
Hi Fabe, it´s a so-called special project from Trusty made with a gen M-series SD 1:1 copy; very good lume and "factory waterproof tested to 10 ATM". Want to use this next summer after checking the waterproofness. Like the pearl also and was lucky to have all centered perfectly. It has been a very good and classic watch.

Here its sitting on a Nato:

sd800IMG_0518.jpg

Great SD - link?

Looks like there was a cyclops on there at some point...?

kayabun

becoz of this thread .. i bought the classic .... bad idea to have come here ... :giggle:

honeybear

I believe that the SeaDweller is a more accurate replica out of the box, and the main thing I'm not fond of on the SD vs the SubC is the clasp. While I'm not sure if you swap the entire bracelet, it's definitely possible to use a Glidelock clasp with the older Rolexes.

thorny007

Sea dweller case seems a bit more proportional to me.

mrroey

SD is much more accurate straight out of the box, only changes to make are TC hands. Sub-C feels better to me due to the thinner profile.

gmg_3

SD All the way!

markeym3

I have a BK sub c and love it , I'm not feeling the love for the sub c from you guys, but then I have yet to try a SD ,,, ,, maybe next

twofake

Don't they both look quite similar?

Main differences I see are cyclops on sub c, clasp on sub c, relief valve on sd, blue lume vs green lume , different gloss of the bezels .

Am I missing a lot more obvious things apart from the printing of the names?

sungod

I say wear them both at the same time like your idol Flava Flav!