scavenger

Review & Comparison - A Tale of Two Planets: The Omega CrPO 42mm

wadinho

Does the Noob crpo only comes with the asian ETA movement or is the swiss ETA optional?

Hi guys,

thanks for this awesome review! I also would like to know if the swiss ETA movement is available for both models? None of the website replied to me..it seems that it exists only in asian ETA movement.

Technojunkie

Save your money, the Asian ETA is fine, little point in spending an additional $100+ for a "Swiss" ETA IMO.

o2sensorheating

Excellent review!

wadinho

Save your money, the Asian ETA is fine, little point in spending an additional $100+ for a "Swiss" ETA IMO.

Hi Technojunkie,

Why do you think upgrading to swiss ETA movement would be worthless ? You think these "swiss" movements are not accurate and authentic ? I read so many topics saying the opposite. I am new in replica watches and I don't know much about them

Technojunkie

Hi Technojunkie,

Why do you think upgrading to swiss ETA movement would be worthless ? You think these "swiss" movements are not accurate and authentic ? I read so many topics saying the opposite. I am new in replica watches and I don't know much about them

Research, research and more research. Start here http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=39771

zufir

I personally prefer the Noob over the BP as the shiny grey bezel gets me. :/

Bluejuz

Great review! I keep coming back to it as my GF is buying me my next watch as part of my birthday prezzie.

I really want a 42mm CrPo and I think I will go for the Noob version purely because of the fading bezel issues.

So how have the bezels held up on people's Noob versions? Any fading issues at all?

Would be great to hear some feedback.

scavenger

So how have the bezels held up on people's Noob versions? Any fading issues at all?

Would be great to hear some feedback.

Nope, no fading on mine whatsoever. Still looks as good as the day it arrived and the movement runs great.

Scav.

Bluejuz

Nice one. That's good to hear. I think that has made my mind up now.

I'm gonna go for the Noob 42mm CrPo with the orange numbers. Probably from Puretime but I will check the other TD's out aswell.

Really looking forward to getting one of these slapped on my wrist.

fangtl

Great review.

Edited by fangtl

elfdutch

thanks a lot for this very detailed review.

This is excellent stuff for a newbie like myself. I am definately thinking about getting this one myself, but find it hard to figure out where you bought them.

All these abbreviations do not make sense to me.

Guess i have some more reading to do. :giggle:

Thrasher

Thank you, Great review now throw in the AT maker version. Interesting about different dealers pushing different factories. Lots of people say any dealer can get anything. I think its any dealer can get what they want to sell you.

unclejosh

Great review, and a nice looking watch.

Derek Mc

Thank you, Great review now throw in the AT maker version. Interesting about different dealers pushing different factories. Lots of people say any dealer can get anything. I think its any dealer can get what they want to sell you.

Very good comment, not only the new Miyota powered one, but we have updated design aspects on the BP with pearl, fade free bezel, revised longer screw thread on the tube, this just became a three horse race again :)

Kleen™
Fantastic review, thanks for all your effort scavenger.

I had my heart set on the NOOB version and started emailing the TDs to source this for me - then I got a very interesting reply from Joshua at Perfect Clones, as follows:

" Noob copies the ceramic PO range from the BP maker in which thousands has been sold worldwide. How can a rep of a rep be of any good ? Go for the BP maker ranges.. It is the best made.. "

I wonder what people make of this comment? Is Joshua just trying to push the product he has in stock or can source easier? Or does he know something we don't? I'd be very interested in hearing what you all think...

Finally, does anyone know whether NOOB make a GMT PO or are those only from the BP factory? How do they compare to the CrPos?

Typical anti-noob bullshit from the Twins - I wouldn't trust any of them with a dime...

z k

Looks like the noob version is not available. Asked quite a few TDs. They all say out of stock.

Thrasher

Like more than a few people said . Don't bother with the low beat miyota 8215 it's just not good enough for a 45 mm cr PO.

mzbanjo

Thanks so much for this review, it has been really helpful.

david08nguyen

+1

Pauly404

Great review.

Thanks.

I'm going for a titanium CrPO. BP is the only choice for the Ti version but your review has helped me. BP looks fine to me.

ImNotFatImFluffy

It would be interesting to see how they stack up now, and has anybody done measurements to see size wise which is closer to gen, also Orange bezel comparisons.

JimmyJammer

Not sure where to post this so will start here... I bought a superb Omega CrPO 42mm from Rochest and it really is a super rep. The only problem I have just noticed is that the date changes too early. It changes at 6pm and not 12am. I guess the hands just need removing and replacing at the correct time so the date change is back in sync. Rochest has offered to do this for me but it's going to be costly and risky to send it from the UK all the way back. Has anyone any experience of this or can they refer me to anyone in the UK? There's no way I'm doing it myself as I'll knacker it!

Any advice appreciated!

James

ready2rock

Both looks very good to me. I got a BP for myself :)

jpohl402

GREAT review, thank you!

waxed

This is a fantastic resource! Thanks for this!