scavenger

Review & Comparison - A Tale of Two Planets: The Omega CrPO 42mm

Derek Mc

This is a fantastic resource! Thanks for this!

Well you have done the best thing you can in reading, however there is a third option now with the Miyota engined CrPO's on sale.

Personally go with a closed caseback as it is far more "gen" in design, we all seem to want a glass-back but that then becomes an instant "give"

ImNotFatImFluffy

Well you have done the best thing you can in reading, however there is a third option now with the Miyota engined CrPO's on sale.

Personally go with a closed caseback as it is far more "gen" in design, we all seem to want a glass-back but that then becomes an instant "give"

closed caseback is s n instant tell on this model for anybody that knows it supposed to be a display caseback, open will probably fool most people as they probably aren't gonna know what the movement should look like, they would probably not be detail oriented enough to know what the decoration should look like.

Derek Mc

closed caseback is s n instant tell on this model for anybody that knows it supposed to be a display caseback, open will probably fool most people as they probably aren't gonna know what the movement should look like, they would probably not be detail oriented enough to know what the decoration should look like.

I didn't know that, and the CrPO in Laings on Saturday was deffo closed case back as well as I was in looking at the 300 master and took in a look at one of the PO's too

ImNotFatImFluffy

I didn't know that, and the CrPO in Laings on Saturday was deffo closed case back as well as I was in looking at the 300 master and took in a look at one of the PO's too

you can look it up, ceramic/8500 model unless its a special edition should be display caseback, i suppose its possible they may have an example or two of the 2500 models around that they got in trade as those should have the closed caseback. Edited by ImNotFatImFluffy

iperleyr

Many thanks for this great review; exactly what I was looking for!

Stewart

This is one of the best and most helpful comparisons I have read on this site. Thank you very much!

Qwertt
This is one of the best and most helpful comparisons I have read on this site. Thank you very much!

I agree!

Bkdpotato

Great review and answered a number of questions. I went with the Noob. Hopefully should arrive soon!

ynam6691

Nice

Omega_guy

Noob not available now ??

bonsaibill

Thanks for the info. Neat to see them side by side.

Speedy27

This review was very helpful. I ended up with the BP due to the matte finish grey bezel. I had contemplated moving to a Noob because I heard they were not as tall, but it looks like the difference is pretty minimal, so I don't think I'll bother.

Thanks again for the stellar side-by-side review!

Steph Deux

It would seem Joshua has placed four of them on sale. $238.00 for, if I read it correctly, the 42mm black version with orange 6, 9, and 12, and the 45mm versions of the black, the orange bezel, and the black with orange 6, 9, and 12. All with the "Swiss" A-2842-2, and "All Markings of Omega 8500 Calibre Present".

Any idea why?

http://www.pf-818.com/-c-1242.html

fabbe79

Maybe they are producing the 2016 models

ortiizz

It would seem Joshua has placed four of them on sale. $238.00 for, if I read it correctly, the 42mm black version with orange 6, 9, and 12, and the 45mm versions of the black, the orange bezel, and the black with orange 6, 9, and 12. All with the "Swiss" A-2842-2, and "All Markings of Omega 8500 Calibre Present".

Any idea why?

Seems most TD's have them on sale these days. Just got one one the way from Mary. Orange bezel is out of stock already tho.

Edited by ortiizz

processengr

Any idea why?

Seems most TD's have them on sale these days. Just got one one the way from Mary. Orange bezel is out of stock already tho.

Hope they are on sale to make room for the new POs with the Miyota 9215 hi beat mvmts!

tomerh120

Amazing post, so much effort put into it and beautiful pics.

M4rtin

I think I'll just order Noob from Mary.

Now for the hard part, silver or orange numbers :)

Omeg@007

I think I'll just order Noob from Mary.

Now for the hard part, silver or orange numbers :)

Nice Choice. Mary is my Best TD.

Beside NOOB, she has many great watches which are almost 1:1 to original.

If i were you, i will go for SS numbers ;)

Happy Wearing!

childishthing

What an amazing writeup - I'd love a PO some day. I like a GMT w/ blue bezel & orange numbers one :thumbsup:

Edited by childishthing

cdhappy

Thanks OP, excellent side-by-side!

paglaa

Great comparison.

Does anyone know if the bezel fading issue with BP is fixed. I heard from Ids that it is. I believe the BP watch is close to gen with the purple tint and matt bezel.

Anyone know any latest comparison of BP and Noob?

Thanks.

Surf69

Many thanks to you and all that go to the effort of putting together such detailed and informative reviews.

How much improvement if any would you expect (if any) in the CRPO's from January 2014 to now?

I'm a massive fan of the CRPO, my last rep (42mm , actually ordered a 45mm but was happy enough) was powered by the Miyota 8215.

Going to upgrade and have another crack at trying to get the 45 again this time with A2824. See how we go???

Sealdoggy

Ordered a BP from Andrew