Sign in to follow this  
ATEspo

Help pick a Rad...

ATEspo

So I want to add a polished Radiomir to my Pamily but can't made a decision on which to get. My options:

Pam 388 - http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=61029

Pam 183 - http://www.p-cls.com/pn183o01-radiomir-blackseal-ssle-black-p-14794.html

Pam 210 - http://www.p-cls.com/pn210n01-radiomir-base-ssle-black-a6497-p-14793.html

Pam 210 w/ gold hands - http://www.p-cls.com/pn210n02-radiomir-base-ssle-black-a6497-p-14792.html

I had a 380 before but I much prefer a sandwich dial.

I also do not care about an open case back - whatever I end up with, if I decide its a keeper, I will send it out to Marlin for some movement magic (not the 388, I would have to live with that movement).

Thanks in advance! CNY is almost over and I want to make a decision and get an order in when the TD's come back to life.

ATEspo

After looking at images on google, I may be going the 210 w/ gold hands route...something about the gold hands does it for me...

IMG_2038.jpg

cogwatch

I can't speak for any of the others, but I have the KW 388 and it's awesome.

And it looks great at sunset........

image_zpsa46986db.jpg

TheInthusiest

Unless you like the date. Then go for the 388

Vbmrk

The 388 is made by your favorite TD, why not just go that route?

;)

Cheesemonger

I would have to say go for the 388. Quick shot of mine. Love this one! Rotor is a little noisy, but not too bad.

4ADA54B0-F541-4ECB-AC25-97DA54DA5624_zpskq8sflj7.jpg

ALE7575

If you are looking for a Rad polished, KW PAM 388 is your watch

When you get it, you will know what I'm talking about

Nothing to do in finish and gen-like appearance

ALE

Cannibal

I had a gen 210 and had the gold hand conversion. IMO it's the perfect Rad. Base movement, clean dial, gold hands pop, and the 45mm size is very wearable.

stupotseventyeight

I've got a 210 with gold hands on order :) can't wait for the end of CNY. I really like the look of the base models. Nice and clean and simple. The gold hands are a nice subtle touch of bling :)

Frazzle

388 is an awesome alternative to a 380. For me my 292 and 288 are my Rads for the time being and neither get the wrist time they deserve!

Frazzle

183G is also a very good suggestion. I bought my father one from Toro a year or two ago for a very reasonable £70 with engraved movement. Suffice to say you cant get them for that money now.

grb

DSC_0037_zps61feebfe.jpg

DSC_0008_zps705a2ca8.jpg

Kleen™

Love the 388. But I also love the gold hands. 232 is the answer.

ATEspo

So is there a good rep of the 232? I may have to stay away from the 232 because 47mm rads are just a bit too large for me, the 45's fit PERFECT!

I've wanted a 388 since it was released by my favorite TD but I am thinking I want a hand wind instead of the auto...only reason being is because I am OCD with the rotor noise and I have C&R a lot of auto's because of that. I've spoken to a few guys who have the 388v2 and they say the rotor is defienatly audible.

Also, I may have missed it, but are there any reviews on the new 183/210's from the H-Fac? I am curious how close to gen the front side is.

Thanks for the input guys, I am still not sure what to go with... :suck:

nofitstate

232 for me, though I'd quite like a 288 at some point.

grb

231(45mm)

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

cogwatch

I know some folks like it, but the gold hands on the 210 just look out of place to me. Like someone stuck them on from another watch. JMHO....

ATEspo

I am still trying to decide...

I am half tempted to pull the trigger on the 388 but I feel like its too similar to my 312 as far as dial goes...

The 210 with gold hands still has my full attention...I dont like the 183 anymore because the black hands are boring and I already had a 380, so I want something different.

Pseudonym

288 or 388.

ShadyManc

288 or 388.

^^ this ^^

ATEspo

Ok, I am STILL shopping around....

I already had a 288, didn't care for the chronos at all, the 388 is beautiful but way too similar to my favorite pam (312), plus I much prefer a hand wound model...

So I am really thinking about the 232 from DSN - http://s40.photobuck...2?sort=3&page=1

Its between the 232 and 210 w/ gold hands...

I've never had any experience with DSN or his Rads, can anyone give me some input? Are DSN's pams on point with Noob/H-Fac builds?

Lastly, is there a HUGE difference in size between 45mm and 47mm rads? I wear a 372 (47mm) and it fits/feels fine, the rads dont wear any larger right?

232:

DSC_0069.jpg

210 w/ gold hands:

IMG_20140218_170600_1.jpg

Edited by ATEspo

Spankster23

No, the RAD at 47mm fit/feel smaller than a 372. Much flatter on the wrist and overall comfortable. DSN watches are nice. His Pre-V PVD pencil case watches are the best out there. Really good guy to deal with as well.

232 is my favorite Radiomir hands down. Here is a nice Gen shot.

38948c84df5a03644c1f876361581d11_zps82ca2d20.jpg