Sign in to follow this  
dave47

Buy Only From Trusted Dealers and Trusted Forum members

dave47

Hi, Gang!

Thought I'd share some hard knocks stories on scammers I've encountered and since learned to stick with Trusted Dealers and/or fellow Forum members.

Had been attracted to Rolex Submariners on Afineluxurytime.com; sold them for $220 and assurances of Japanese Miyota movements. Pics on the site were minamalist to say the least. Bought one from them; arrived FedEx; had to pay the driver first before he'd give me the package. Opened it up & saw a decent Rolex Sub, but not one that matched the pic. As soon as they got my money, I vanished from their consciousness and no amount of phone calls, emails, letters produced any response. The watch itself ilsn't bad, but it was Asian 21j.

Lesson #2. Took my business elsewhere to the now defunct Globalreplica.com. Very slick website, lots of pics. Ordered a Submariner LV for $270; same M.O.: FedEx. etc. Opened it up and ... (1) wrong watch, and (2) piece of junk that didn't work. Tried for the next month and a half to get them to honor their "warranty" and "return" policies. Couldn't even contact them. Just one phone call made contact, voice said to call back in half-hour & hung up; repeated phone calls only got voice greeting. Flurry of emails, letters, phone calls, etc. elicited NOTHING. Contacted NYC Better Business Bureau -- no results. I didn't pay attention to clues. Point: These scams were my fault for not being careful. Found refuge in RWI and now, RWG, and have learned to stay with those who are trusted. I learned my lessons, and they were costly. Learn from my experiences, stay with those who are Trusted Dealers and trusted Forum members. Can't find your watch of your dreams right away? Be patient; it'll appear eventually, as it had for me.

Luthier

You're not first, not last to be scammed.

That's why we have Our Trusted Dealers List.

Now you're in good hands, and good luck with your next purchase!!!

AllergyDoc

Can't repeat it too often.

atmos

as Luthier said, here you are in good hands

competently and trustworthy dealer and member :noway:

dingle

sorry to hear this and welcome to the nuthouse. :facepalm:

KBH

"WORDS OF WISDOM"

Well said and welcome.