Sign in to follow this  
Motosanto

HELP! Ploprof or Hublot King Diver 48MM 4000M

Motosanto

Friends,

I am considering the following, both from Toro.

Ploprof, Black on Mesh http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=37_128_129&product_id=193

or

Hublot King Diver 48MM http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=34_222&product_id=543

The questions I have are for those of you that have one or both, how are they to wear and live with? I am not looking for a daily watch my PAM 187 is for that. I am looking for something different that the average person hasnt seen, hence my love for Grahams and vintage watches.

My concerns - I have read several threads where people have loved/hated the look of the Ploprof but didnt like it on the wrist. I genuinely value your feedback and any real life experience would be greatly appreciate it.

As always thank you for your insight!

Best,

James

robbie888

Love the Ploprof on pictures and the wrist.

IMG_1422.jpg

Motosanto

Shes a beauty. I think the mesh makes all the difference. Did you go swiss or clone?

Frankt8242

Compared to ANY Omega, ANY Hublot is junk!! IMNSFHO of course!! :giggle: :giggle:

I have had a Plopper for a couple of years now, and even though it was once my "grail" watch(for @30 yrs!!), I find myself seldom wearing it lately...But any "you-blow" is only suitable as a thank you gift from Bill Clinton to Monica Lewinsky.... :help3: :help3:

KeNnY

GET BOTH

Motosanto

LOL!!!! And the scales continue to tip to the Ploprof... Any love or the 48MM King?

Motosanto

Kenny, LOL! If I get both I cant immediately send it to you for your relumming magic! It was a thread of your Ploprof magic that began my deep love ofr the Omega in the first place :)!

robbie888

Shes a beauty. I think the mesh makes all the difference. Did you go swiss or clone?

V2 Swiss, serviced (and repaired) by Domi, now running like a champ.

mdakers68

My vote is for the Hublot Diver having owned one....its one of the best reps ever made just be prepared for the size its bigger than the 187...I owned that one too !!! .......apparently there is a new version that comes with a second nylon strap now as well....make sure you ask toro to source that version so you have option to swap between the rubber and the nylon..!!!!

Iz3fuy

I have both, and my (obvious) advice is to buy them both if you can afford the expense: I have never sold any of the watches I have bought so don't know about resale value; these are really two watches you want to have if you love this hobby. They are summer watches, great with t shirt or polo; totally useless with shirt/jacket. Eyes catchers and very good "chat starters" with the ladies, just in case you value this aspect. Buy them, post pics!

StormyNight

Totally get a PloProf! Haven't checked the link so that only applies if it's a non "Happy Feet" one.

Frankt8242

Kenny, LOL! If I get both I cant immediately send it to you for your relumming magic! It was a thread of your Ploprof magic that began my deep love ofr the Omega in the first place :)!

Not to "dis" Kennys great work, but if you could find a used MtoM V 1.5, you wouldn't need to bother him!!

Here's mine:

IMG_0009.jpg

And just to place current pricing in perspective, this one cost me $138.(+freight) direct from Trusty @ 2 yrs ago...It's a 21j with a non functional "orange button", without "happy feet"

And, during almost a steady year of wearing it, NOBODY ever gave even a teeny shit about the orange button flaw... :giggle: :giggle:

plankton

King Diver bro!! All the way!

HeavyKrush

Have a clone ETA ploprof on mesh. Stunner on the wrist but not a daily wearer given it's weight.

DSC_3159_zpsf262b3e4.jpg

DSC_3168_zpsd274285f.jpg

DSC_3165_zps6a46332f.jpg

rickyrosey

I have he hublot diver it is amazing quality but be prepare for the size it is not that big but very high still love it though

Bigcountrykris

Buy both

Del Boy

Both... Ploprof can be used with a long-sleeve shirt... Hublot with Jeans, t-shirt, beach shorts!

cogwatch

The Hublot King Diver is an incredibly beautiful watch. There is so much going on with that watch that I can't believe they put the effort into rep-ing it. But boy did they put the effort in. Even down to the strap attachment mechanism (in case you didn't know, the two squares with the triangles on the faces of the lug areas are push buttons to release the strap). Overall, it's truly a work of art in my opinion. Hublot haters can pound sand if they dis this watch.

It is definitely big. If it wasn't titanium I don't think it would work, but titanium is the key for wearability. I have a small 6.5" wrist, and I don't think it feels or looks big at all on my wrist.

I also want a Ploprof myself, but I think this particular Hublot is one of the best reps of any brand or watch out there.

Some wristie pics below on my puny wrist.

d733e650-d4ba-4b82-b1a1-879453e5caea_zps4b4f786b.jpg

6ba2f157-79af-452c-89e1-74f4102b50a0_zps0ac1d478.jpg

Motosanto

Damn you Cogwatch... As I am just about to PP Toro... Your beautiful pics appear. Now the remainder of the day will be spent determining if I can afford both this week.... Curse you!! :)

Edited by Motosanto

Motosanto

Checking with Toro now. Also going to get the Belstaf Gangster jacket. Has anyone purchased a jacket from Toro? Spoke with the wifey wife and shes "authorized" the expenditure due to the proximity of my upcoming bday :). The only reason getting older has a benefit :)

machiavegli

The Hublot is awesome, wearing mine now. The v2 with 7750 is 1:1 and feels like it's carved out of a block of steel and not even Mssr Hublot could tell it's a rep. The Ploprof is just a reminder that Omega used to make cool watches but is now just another gaudy Swatch brand...

-Mach

Del Boy

I've got to get one of these V2 ones and send off to Kenny. Missed out on the one he sold a while back :-(

BigBuys

Eyes catchers and very good "chat starters" with the ladies, just in case you value this aspect. Buy them, post pics!

I have always loved the simplicity of the Hublot MDM and have owned Hublot REPS for about 15 years. They became watchbox queens when the only comments that I ever got were from guys that asked "I blow do you blow". They are supremely popular with that part of the population.

Bigcountrykris

The Hublot King Diver is an incredibly beautiful watch. There is so much going on with that watch that I can't believe they put the effort into rep-ing it. But boy did they put the effort in. Even down to the strap attachment mechanism (in case you didn't know, the two squares with the triangles on the faces of the lug areas are push buttons to release the strap). Overall, it's truly a work of art in my opinion. Hublot haters can pound sand if they dis this watch.

It is definitely big. If it wasn't titanium I don't think it would work, but titanium is the key for wearability. I have a small 6.5" wrist, and I don't think it feels or looks big at all on my wrist.

I also want a Ploprof myself, but I think this particular Hublot is one of the best reps of any brand or watch out there.

Some wristie pics below on my puny wrist.

d733e650-d4ba-4b82-b1a1-879453e5caea_zps4b4f786b.jpg

6ba2f157-79af-452c-89e1-74f4102b50a0_zps0ac1d478.jpg

I need this in my life, a trade is a must :-)