dingle

Welcoming the noobs 101

watchdr

Ok, I am a new member and really don't even know anything about forums of any kind but I want to learn how to navigate around this one. I have been into watches all my life and really have heard good things about this site. Can't wait to learn more from the experienced.

watchdr

Question, I went to order a Omega from Perfect Clones. I went to the site address that was listed on here, pf-818.com and when I went to check out via PayPal it directed me to another site for check out. The correct amount due but was another site, some band company. Is this normal? I stopped my order and didn't give any info until I checked on here first. Also, what do you experienced members think of intime.co compared to pf-818.com, which is better and has better watches? Thanks, and any help will be appreciated.

GenTLe
Question, I went to order a Omega from Perfect Clones. I went to the site address that was listed on here, pf-818.com and when I went to check out via PayPal it directed me to another site for check out. The correct amount due but was another site, some band company. Is this normal? I stopped my order and didn't give any info until I checked on here first. Also, what do you experienced members think of intime.co compared to pf-818.com, which is better and has better watches? Thanks, and any help will be appreciated.

Normal. For both he and Andrew (Trusty time).

watchdr

Normal. For both he and Andrew (Trusty time).

Okay, thanks.

nowhere001

Thank you for this. It has been extremely helpful as a newbie to the reptime world. I sincerely appreciate the information regarding the movements especially

frankhamil

Just joined as a result of problems over at RWI. Been a member there for a while. Bought my first rep on the street in NYC near Bloomingdales, in 1983. That got me started. Used to love to go to Canal Street to look, negotiate and buy. I know Canal Street gets a bad rap, but I've got some decent watches from there that I still wear 20 years later. Favorite is a Breitling Red Arrow version.

Worked in Asia Pacific Marketing for the company where I work, for about five years. Bought some nice watches in Beijing, after I got to go to their location with the "good stuff". Have a fully functional Rolex Daytona I bought there about 13 years ago and is my daily wearer.

Have some gens and reps. Gens include Rolex GMT Master II, Breitling, and, of course, Hamiltons. Actually have an old Hamilton that is the "Franklin" model.

After finding RWI, I've purchased from TD's. Have a Breguet Tourbillon, a Rolex Yachtmaster II, and just ordered a Tudor Black Bay Bronze.

Looking forward to learning more from those that are here and share their vast amount of knowledge.

Frank Hamilton

Ralphy1975

Hello RWG!!! I have finally joined over here after being a member of RWI and RG for the past couple of years. I was never able to get to this site at work based on company filters, but it's working today, so here I am!!!

Hopefully the issues at RWI get ironed out soon!

Tonyb1975

Hi folks, i am very curious about being a member of the rwg. I am a frequent visitor of RWI and now hopefully will learn a lot here and up for a new experience. Always considered becoming a member but RWI took already hours and hours of surfing LOL. 2 forums at once should ha ruined my social live. Regards from Holland

_IWC_

Thank you for the great info. Trying to research the IWC ZF V2 3714 apparenty has new A7750 thin movement. trying to figure out if it has same issues?

EMB1

Hi All, have been a member of RWI for a little while and am now happy to have the opportunity of joining here. Such a wealth of information concerning our hobby and great sense of community in these forums. Thanks very much. :) .

HARPOT

Hi, here a RWI refugee, glad to join and continue this hobby, although is more an addiction, looking forward to this new perspective cheers!

Leverage

Hi all, RWI refugee, long time lurker but looking to ramp quickly and build out my collection!

More familiar with Rolex's (have a few gens) but fresh to most other brands. Looking to delve a bit deeper into Panerais and maybe IWCs. Over time, looking to learn how to mod and maybe enhance the reps I get. Really into the engineering behind mods and how they're getting closer to 1:1.

Bxx

Thank you Rwg,i am a rwi forced migrant,and appreciate your openness.merry Christmas to all...

Hostage

Not sure if I should say Hi or curse everybody and get myself banned so I dont waste so much time and money on the tick tocks.

Does anyone know where I can order another few wrists as I dont have any space on my existing ones.

Merry Xmas

SecondHelpings

Hello everyone. It's late in the day, so I just want to say Hi. I look forward to BS ing with everybody about watches. I just happened to join RWI during the meltdown. I have a name on there (TimeToThyme), but was never able to confirm my status. So, Talk to you soon.

Edited by SecondHelpings

kcar

Great starting point as a noob. Answered all my questions and some I didn't think to ask. I hope this hobby does not consume me.

Happy new year!

TeeTee

Great post to read for person who is trying to move from little gen watch collection to bigger rep collection.

David(bcn)

Great!!!. Very useful

toujo

I'm just slowly going through the forum and reading as much as I can. Thanks for all the wonderful information for new members.

Haccf

Thank you for collating all this. Cheers

Timevoyer

Hi my name Is Cresh. Yes I hope that I am in the right place. I am a newbie here. I really like the look of a stainless steel Yes I hope that I am in the right place. I am a newbie here. I really like the look of a stainless steel ptek. I do not want to fund euthanasia if you catch my I do not want to fund euthanasia if you catch my drift. I just have no idea how do you start.

Devildog81

Thxs

WatchJ

Excellent forum. Have been looking for a decent rep for years and always been too wary of most websites to pull the trigger. Some great resources here. Many thanks!