Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

UK customs current issues - Update: Yep mine has been seized

ShadyManc

I have a gen stuck in customs, and it has been since Wednesday. My reps clear customs in 24 hours, usually less. My package has come from Canada. I'm inclined to think they're busy rather than anything more sinister.

sputim
I have a gen stuck in customs, and it has been since Wednesday. My reps clear customs in 24 hours, usually less. My package has come from Canada. I'm inclined to think they're busy rather than anything more sinister.

No worried they definitely must have a huge backlog which won't get any better over easter time. Probably it gets even worse :/

dfq23

I've asked for my replacement to go hong kong mail as that's tracked all the way and not much slower. Had something posted in china on the 1st using it and it landed yesterday

JSJ

Mine posted HK Post 29 March delivered by postie this morning. Felt much longer with all this stuff going on but 7 days is excellent.

qwerty1000

I called my courier AGAIN yesterday and same response "it's still with customs being examined and usually this long is bad news I'm afraid, Customs will write to you directly and won't tell us what's in the letter".

Do you think the courier gets told it seized? When does anyone think I'll get my letter so I can just move the f*** on?

Opinion would be appreciated

ashesburn

I've asked for my replacement to go hong kong mail as that's tracked all the way and not much slower. Had something posted in china on the 1st using it and it landed yesterday

Good to know. Is there an equivalent of Hong Kong Mail in China?

dfq23

Hong kong mail is available in china. They can use china, hong king, singapore and even sweden and swiss post over there! Wouldn't recommend sweden as had a footy shirt on a plane since 22 according to tracking. China is also best to avoid as items don't have to actually be signed for when delivered. Hk or singapore are the best choices.

ashesburn

Hong kong mail is available in china. They can use china, hong king, singapore and even sweden and swiss post over there! Wouldn't recommend sweden as had a footy shirt on a plane since 22 according to tracking. China is also best to avoid as items don't have to actually be signed for when delivered. Hk or singapore are the best choices.

Oh! Didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

I'll give HK of SG a try next.

wippers

Not sure if everyone still has customs issues, but I've just received my first rep from Josh via DHL to UK and it only took 6 from QC pics to delivery.

patgonised5796

Mine has been in the custom for more than a week. It's stated 'Received and Processed' the last time it updated. Not sure what should I do now.

Grammio
My watch and extra rubber strap with a value of 460 USD is also seized by Dutch customs.

Still waiting for official customs letter.

But i already talked to customs on the phone.

Two weeks ago i made a topic about a stange tracking status.

And people were making fun about it. But unfortunately my bad feelings were right.

I hope i can work something out with my TD.

I have no problem sharing some of the costs.

Maybe it is all a coincidence?

What kind of discussions did you have with customs on the phone buddy?

nuttcrac69

Bad luck bud

baxter

Mine's been in the international hub, status : " received and processed " for 8 days now ..... not feeling that confident about it :(

dfq23

Mine's been in the international hub, status : " received and processed " for 8 days now ..... not feeling that confident about it :(

What is it you're waiting for?

ShadyManc

My gen coming in from Canada was in customs (ParcelForce route) for a week, then cleared but held for import duty payment. I think they're just busy, and yes they may be paying closer attention at the moment but I'm sure the majority will be fine. Patience is key in this game, ups and downs. Good luck to those waiting.

baxter

Bronzo

roy8846

Had 2 this last week delivered no probs. One was marked "metal bracelet" and value of $14 sent via HK Post,

The other was marked "watch", value of $20 and sent via DHL.

Good Luck to those waiting!

dfq23

Bronzo

Panerai are on their hit list. Fingers crossed for you mate

TK01

I know for sure that Rolex out of all the watch brands gets taken by Customs many times.

themannier

My rolex 5512 from josh was sent via HK post, and left Hong Kong on 10 april; no trace of my Watch in the UK until today.... :Thinking:

JSJ

My rolex 5512 from josh was sent via HK post, and left Hong Kong on 10 april; no trace of my Watch in the UK until today.... :Thinking:

Aaaargh! You started me now. Mine left HK on 7 April, wasn't recognised in RM Track and Trace till today and now it just says "There is no data available for this tracking reference, please try again later" which, believe it or not, is an improvement on the previous messages of total denial.

Now I'm checking tracking every 60 seconds. Gotta stop... :frusty:

dfq23

Are you guys using the Royal Mail Detail Track page rather than the basic one? That one gives exact time it lands in UK.

http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails

Piccolo

I have had two international deliveries in the last 2 days - both from the US.

First package was marked as 'watch parts for repair' $75 value. This attracted an import charge sticker £17.50 inc handling fee, but then was delivered without needing to pay anything.

Second package was marked 'broken watch' $75 value. No import charge sticker - just delivered straight to my door.

Both took approx a week to 10 days from shipping to receipt, and were tracked via USPS. Neither showed as entered into the UK, only showing in Transit - when they had already been received.

Fingers crossed for anyone waiting.

Hazz

I heard of three Pam's seized in UK

Going to settle down soon also.

themannier

Are you guys using the Royal Mail Detail Track page rather than the basic one? That one gives exact time it lands in UK.

http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails

Damn, you're right mate, thanks ! :)

15/04/14 08:57 DELIVERED15/04/14 AUCHTERARDER SPDO