Sign in to follow this  
allank

Hellow from Taiwan

allank

Hello:

(While waiting for greg's reply, I'd love to say hi to all.)

I am happy I found this place.

My family owns a small watch manufacturing company in the Far East (We have a shop in Taiwan manufacturing watch cases, bracelets and most of the metal parts of watches; An accessory factory in GD province, China, manufacturing dials, hands, crystals and other parts.) We provide OEM cases, bracelets, and most of watch parts mainly supplying to Western European customers with quality horological parts at very competitive prices.

Business was okay in the past decade. However, the financial crisis in the recent years has set back order volume badly and we realized that OEM alone is no longer the future direction.

Since, 2007 we've planned to develop our own brand. Unlike our experience in manufacturing high quality precision makings, we have had no previous experience with marketing and branding. A lot of time and resource was spent on trying to figure out the best way in this new area.

Our short term plan is to create sterile/homage watches of major brands to show case our ability in quality and precision. And in the near future we will start to feature our own design items.

Thanks

Allan K.

trailboss99

Oooo! Very interesting. Welcome mate.

I think you will find a lot of help and knowledge here to assist you in your aims.

I for one will be talking to you about homage watches in bulk! I need a cheap

automatic submariner homage to sell to my customers.

Col.

KeNnY

Hi allank and welcome to forum :)

well if what you say is true, I am wondering your price range of homages, and from what brands are you going to create homage B)

also the price range of the parts would be really interesting.

well, hope everything you say is true.. until then, welcome ;)

Edited by 1kenny1kenny1

Member X

Welcome :)

I would say look into the Parnis homages that are around. They have seriously gone up in price on ebay since people have realised what good quality and value they are (were... lol) and they seem to have come from nowhere, relying entirely on word of mouth and sales to generate further business, the designs selling themselves.

You could argue that using, shall we say, somewhat similar designs to many gen watches ;) is a bit cheeky, but it seems to be what the market is looking for. We all like a good own-brand watch but the world seems full of branded watches that no-one has ever heard of, so it can't be that easy!

I think you've made a good start here. Get some great quality, good looking sterile/homage watches out the door (guaranteed waterproof with superb AR and quality movements will go a long way IMO ;)) and you will get a decent customer base from which to consult as you work up your own brand B) (although I would still argue for a sterile dial on the basis that the design then sells the watch, rather than the name on the front ;) ;))

WebWind

Welcome allank!

Your plans sounds good. Maybe some web page with photos of your watches make a lot of things clear.

solkryssare

I'm dreaming of a good quality Rolex 6538 homage. There is the Kingston but who knows when that'll be ready.........

trailboss99

While we are still in talks with Allan I would prefer that he doesn't post his site.

The watches are of very high quality and the pre release price on a Sub style will be

around 500 dollars. Yes, he has cases, water resistant to 300m cases!

Col.

GC

welcome!

solkryssare

Oh oh !!! I want to know I want to know!!

greg_r

Welcome Allan,

Just so everyone knows, I've given permission for Allan to post his development blog and info here on RWG. I think his products are going to be of interest to many here.

I should probably point out that he hasn't been granted trusted dealer status as yet (so please bear that in mind if you decide to purchase from him), although that could change at some point down the line.

KeNnY

waiting for the site :) I am really interested...

solkryssare

L. to the I. to the N. to the K!

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :notworthy:

coolin

Hi and welcome to the forum

col

skintrade

Hi and welcome :lmao2:

trailboss99

I lost the link when my HDD crashed, no doubt Greg has it.

Col.

Ska

Wow this could be incredible! Welcome to RWG.

rubena8

Hello from Europe,

Nice to have you here in the forum :-)

aniki84

hi there

u got contacts for high grade replica in tw??

sjb

Hi Allan,

Welcome.

Very interested in your plans

Just noticed the date of the original post...perhaps it didn't happen?

Luthier

Ooops... So, where's Allen?

Dan22
L. to the I. to the N. to the K!

LMAO.

HI allank!

opus9

Welcome welcome welcome.Cant wait for admin to approve your site. What we need is a watch maker that can make some of the complicated movements that are in Jaeger LeCoultres,IWC,Jacob$co and the master Harry Winston....if your thats good..my wallets gonna get shredded!!

Enjoy the forum,I only recently joined but have to say the guys on here are really helpful and a nice bunch to talk with..

good luck,

Opus9.

greg_r

Guys, note that Allan's original post was 9 months ago. He's been AWOL since then...