Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Man

Thinking about buying a big diver (Rep or Gen)...any suggestions?

Ice_Man

I was browsing my local watchsmith/jeweler today while I was getting my Bulova Kirkwood sized for my wrist. Now they are only a small store jeweler and carry basic models such as Bulova or Citizen, but while browsing around I came across this Citizen diver:

125-Citizen_300_Meter_Professional_Diver_0.jpg

While I really wasn't too interested in this particular watch (especially for the $395 price) it did spark my curiosity.

I would love to get a good large-sized diving watch as to me they always have looked cool IMO. I know Seiko has some great models but honestly there are just too many of them to pin down to a few. So I am asking if you guys had any suggestion to brands or models I can look at (Can be Rep or Gen) also feel free to post any pics on here

*Also I know this is GD and not WTB but in the sake of not making 2 separate posts; if you have a good diver that you may be willing to sell feel free to pm me*

fatarms

Big fan of the Gerlach Otago vintage looking divers here :D Gens are about $400 delivered.

Ice_Man

Big fan of the Gerlach Otago vintage looking divers here :D Gens are about $400 delivered.

hmmm don't know how I feel about those...

fatarms

hmmm don't know how I feel about those...

Fair enough, I like to look for unique pieces that not everyone is going to have. Aside from a few of the staple pieces in most collections, I tend to look for ones that not many people have. My collection in my sig will show you some of them :)

Boycie

Hublot Oceanographic 4000M, one of the best you can get..........:)

daeffy

Can't go wrong with pre-owned Oris Pro-Diver - I still miss them :(

Ice_Man

Can't go wrong with pre-owned Oris Pro-Diver - I still miss them :(

Haha a little out of my price range mate.

I made an agreement with myself that from this point on I'm not going to spend over $300 for a rep unless it has heavy mods to it and also plan on capping myself off at $500 for even gens

flyr

Deep Blue?

DSC00167.jpgDSC00164.jpg

skin_oi_skin

I have to say that the dssd is my daily wear; I love it, perfect in every way. However if you want something different try a ploproff; I also love the one I have, comfortable and casual.... A great Saturday watch.

hramirez1966

My favorite....

IMG_8733_zps8b615964.jpg

Ice_Man

Deep Blue?

DSC00167.jpgDSC00164.jpg

now we're talking, on their site now and Im pretty impressed

fatarms

I've had my eye on a particular Deep Blue DayNight silver dial diver with the tritium tubes now for a while. Just waiting for the right deal to pop up.

Sithlord

I have a DSSD rep that I wear sometimes. My favorite is a PAM 243M rep that I have had sealed for water wear. If you are looking for a gen in the Seiko and Citizen arena, then the Seiko Monster is pretty close to the top of the list in my opinion. It is a great watch, very comfortable to wear, awesome lume, and will take a beating. The only thing I don't like about that watch is the bracelet is held together with two part pins. They are a PITA to adjust and not foul up or lose.

Ronin82

Maranez Bangla:

ynunyre4.jpg

Steinhart Triton:

Steinhart-Triton-100atm-SS1.jpg

yawn

DSC03477_zps80bde739.jpg

Pick any and never look back :D

kman3786

my favorite is the Ploprof 1200m by Omega.

GenTLe
my favorite is the Ploprof 1200m by Omega.

Mate, reviving zombie threads for this?