Silverspeed

A. Lange & Söhne Datograph Review

964boy

Just order a gen black alligator strap from TheWatchBoys (usa) $110 with free shipping to UK. Hopefully it's what it says on the tin. Search, search, search and you get there. :giggle:

Thanks again Silver

TFH

I am living some km to Glashütte in Germany. Last year we visited Glashütte. And, believe me, the Glashütte building is again in a very formidable constitution. So me and my wife entered the white marmorial hall. It is a dream out of marble, glass an d steel. I asked the lady on the counter: " Is it possible to visit the manufature?". She looked at me like an alien: "Of course not!!"

In this moment a young guy has been coming down the stairs. He asked us, what we are requiring. I told him, that a visit is impossible, but would be the best in our holoday. He said:" I am the new marketing manager. This is my 2nd day. Nobody needs me. Will you please follow me. Nearly 2 hours he showed us everything, even the development department. It was really a great day.

Diego_UK

I apologize if you stated this and I'm missing something, but I've read and re-read your post and can't seem to find where you purchased this particular piece from? I ask because I may be in the market for one myself.

Silverspeed

Any of of the trusted dealers can get this for you, ToroBravo, Marvellous Replica, Mary, etc.....

mbjoer

Any of of the trusted dealers can get this for you, ToroBravo, Marvellous Replica, Mary, etc.....

Just be ware that there are two versions of this one now. The one shown here is by far the nicest, but also the more expensive version.

Krispee

Hi

i`m a newbie to rep watches but have noticed that a lot Lange watches have 'Glashutte' imprinted on the dial and have also read that Lange watches do use Galshutte movements, is this true?

by the way, nice expose and super looking watch.....

Kris

Edited by Krispee

Rocnation951

Very interested in buying a datograph flyback and yours looks amazing!

Can I ask some questions so I can have peace of mind? :P

Where was the gen strap purchased? Where did you buy the watch?

Also, how is the watch now? Still running smoothly? :)

Set2374

Have to bump this thread. This watch is stunning... particularly on that gorgeous strap. My next purchase is solidified!!!!

justicepool

Beautiful watch and I will definitely be purchasing one. Silverspeed, care to update us on your experience with the watch?

Jose Betancur

for the 2013.. this will be my next purchase :D

xbb

My Datograph arrived in the post today. my first rep (2nd watch had broken crystal but that is another story).

It's the first chronograph I've ever seen up close and I've got a couple of newbie questions about the operation.

When I got it the big second hand wasn't working. The subdiall second hand was. I worked out if you push the button the big second hand starts until you push it again. I'm assuming this is how it's supposed to be but wanted to ask. I would have expected it to be the other way around, the big second hand working all the time and the subdial seconds working when the button is pushed. Also Ive read a lot of threads about not changing date in certain positions. Is there anything I need to be careful of with this watch. Will I wear it out by leaving the big second hand going all the time.

dingle

My Datograph arrived in the post today. my first rep (2nd watch had broken crystal but that is another story).

It's the first chronograph I've ever seen up close and I've got a couple of newbie questions about the operation.

When I got it the big second hand wasn't working. The subdiall second hand was. I worked out if you push the button the big second hand starts until you push it again. I'm assuming this is how it's supposed to be but wanted to ask. I would have expected it to be the other way around, the big second hand working all the time and the subdial seconds working when the button is pushed. Also Ive read a lot of threads about not changing date in certain positions. Is there anything I need to be careful of with this watch. Will I wear it out by leaving the big second hand going all the time.

the big second hand you refer to is actually the chrono hand, no the second hand. It has the "stop watch " effect. so it is working correctly

black263

Damn this review. I thought I had stopped buying until I saw this and my heart beat seven shades out of my head, Now I have one on order from MR and they are hoping to ship just before the CNY closedown. Ho hum!!

newkillerstar

Absolutely gorgeous watch. I would be interested in purchasing one but am new to this. Where am i able to buy this watch from, and how can i get it into New Zealand without getting into trouble with customs?

Any help much appreciated!!!

#NKS

Dharma

Hi, i have this replica stainless stell, where could i find a rose gold like yours?

Thk

diplosa

I was going to post with "what is this shit", but it is such a nice review post with such a pretty watch that I decided to ignore noobs and just say nothing as any other mature adult would.

black263

Hi, i have this replica stainless stell, where could i find a rose gold like yours?

Thk

MR

dly02

nice review! such a nice watch

DejaWho

Would you happen to know what's the lug size? is it 22mm?

746_heuer

Would you happen to know what's the lug size? is it 22mm?

in the other review thread they say it's 20mm

Edited by 746_heuer

DejaWho

in the other review thread they say it's 20mm

Awesome, Thank you!

I can't wait to get my hands on this watch. It's arrived in NYC but I have to go pick it up in 2 days. Ugh.

DejaWho

Just an update for archiving sake... the lug size is actually 22mm

dave0280

Looks mint mate - enjoy it.

746_heuer

Just an update for archiving sake... the lug size is actually 22mm

yup, in the other thread there where both opinions, 20 and 22. I guess it is because there are two versions, of the rep.

Edited by 746_heuer