austinsom

Asian 7750 repair help *Pic heavy*

austinsom

Hi Guys,

Just picked up a UPO through M2M which I was aware had a chrono problem. The watch arrived this morning, so at lunchtime I have had a look at it. The problem is that the 2 o'clock pusher does not engage to either start or stop the movement.

I took the back off and this fell out:

P4304067.jpg

Clearly a part of the movement related to the pusher to start and stop the chrono. I'm afraid I don't know the name!

So I did a bit more investigating and took the rotor off. The next pics are with the chrono running:

P4304074.jpg

P4304075.jpg

P4304077.jpg

Having identified what I thought was the relevant part of the movement to manipulate, I did so using a small screwdriver, and managed to shut the chrono down. The strange thing is it seemed to reset when I stopped it - perhaps something else is out of whack.

The next pics are with the chrono stopped:

P4304079.jpg

P4304080.jpg

Now that I have managed to figure out where the missing part came from, the question is, how easy is it to fix? I don't often use a chrono, so now it is stopped it really doesn't affect the cosmetic appearance of the watch, but it would be nice to have the watch working 100%.

It's probably beyond my capability to fix, as I have not taken any movement apart before. The rotor removal was my first go, and frankly that was simple, I doubt the rest would be :giggle:

Any help/ideas appreciated!

kkz88

Hi

Don't worry.it's easy to fix.i got from my customer same problem please look picture where to belong ...6a7u5u3u.jpgby8uzegu.jpgpezedura.jpg

Pseudonym

Had this and another thread came up before I sent my PAM288 to a local watchsmith, I would of had a fiddle with it...

kkz88

y8u2aheq.jpg

B4 like this righte6yra9us.jpg

Use some screw driver or peg wood can u pull back a little bit not too much at the time u have to put back where to belong look in the photo ugugamyj.jpg

And the u need to push in top like this I don't I will be update youtube soon.good luck pa6a4u7y.jpg

zinnboy

I saw a thread similar to this. I think SSTEEL was able to help the OP reinstall. Do wait for him. Or send him a pm

SSTEEL

Yup, however if you are brave enough its easy enough to fix yourself, but if you are no good with small parts best leave it to someone who is ;)

austinsom

Thanks for the info guys - it really does seem quite simple, I do wonder though if I can still mess it up :giggle: I may have a think about it for a few days, as it works fine as it currently is :) I'll post back here when/if I get it fixed!

ROLIE

HI it is an easy fix and looking at your pics you have just pushed the chrono cam to the reset position nothing looks to be out of whack. now if you feel as tho you would like a go yourself and fix it all you need to do is remove the screw for the operating lever which is the part that is broken and replace it with a new one from cousins it basically drops in if you don't feel confident in doing it just get in touch with someone on the forum hope you get it sorted

austinsom

Thanks Rolie. Cousins don't list that part, so I have asked for a quote. Seems inexpensive, so may just replace it and try and fix the old part. I assume this part is interchangeable. It does look the same from the diagram.

Will update once I get the relevant parts :)

SSTEEL

If cousins can't help, I have the parts you need in stock ;)

DR3M3L

I have some too, so you'll be able to get one for sure :) 3 ways to rome so far.

austinsom

Thanks guys, may have to take you up on that!

The quote from Cousins came back with part #8140, which isn't in the datasheet that I can see. Part #8139 is on the data sheet and looks identical. I wouldn't expect Cousins to send the wrong part, but you never know! Does anyone know what part #8140 looks like, as the part I found with that ref looks completely different.

plankton

y8u2aheq.jpg

B4 like this righte6yra9us.jpg

Use some screw driver or peg wood can u pull back a little bit not too much at the time u have to put back where to belong look in the photo ugugamyj.jpg

And the u need to push in top like this I don't I will be update youtube soon.good luck pa6a4u7y.jpg

Great info SS

twofake

Cool topic. Please keep us updated with pics

ROLIE

The quote from Cousins came back with part #8140, which isn't in the datasheet that I can see. Part #8139 is on the data sheet and looks identical. I wouldn't expect Cousins to send the wrong part, but you never know! Does anyone know what part #8140 looks like, as the part I found with that ref looks completely different.

HI ive just checked and the part listed on data sheets is 8139 now when ive checked again cousins has it listed as 8140 operating lever 2 functions cost 8.25 hope this helps also eta data has it listed as operating lever 2 functions and nothing else is classed or named as this part .I think cousins may have it listed wrong some times they do but it will be the part your after to fix your watch .hope this helps

austinsom

Thanks Rollie - I have asked them to double check it is the right part - hopefully they'll confirm either way, but for that price it may be worth ordering anyway as there are some other bits I would like too.

I'll update once I get the part and start a fix.

ROLIE

Ye u right by the time you get the vat and post on might aswell order a few bits hope u get it sorted

JSJ

Yes with the way CousinsUK operate you're not long before it's cheaper to buy a whole new movement from HK.

Good luck with the fix and thanks to everyone for another very interesting thread.

DR3M3L

Pm your addie and I'll send the part right away. Got a spare one from an old movement.

austinsom

Evening all!

Well this evening I got bored/brave and decided to attempt a fix for the above problem. This is my first attempt at a walkthrough, and my first attempt at any fix, so bear with me!

To summarise, the repair worked, but to anyone else with this problem, I would suggest replacing the offending part (Operating Lever, 2 functions #8139) as the repaired part doesn't seem to hold together too well!

So here we go.

First of all, remove the screw circled red, and put to one side:

DSCF6661.jpg

Next you will need to take a pair of tweezers and lift off the part highlighted red:

DSCF6662.jpg

Once you have done that, you may well be left with this part (circled red):

DSCF6664.jpg

Lift this off with tweezers and put with the operating lever. You will need this later.

You should now be left with this:

DSCF6666.jpg

If like me you had a piece lurking in the movement once the lever was removed (looks like a screw, but with no slot or thread), you need to set this under the hole circled pink. Note the orientation of the lever, being upside down. You may want to secure the piece temporarily with blu-tak or something similar.

DSCF6669.jpg

Once you have done that, you'll need to turn the whole pice over, so it looks like the photo below. I attached mine to the edge of a bracelet link removal block and rested it on blu-tak to hold it while I worked on it. You may want to enlarge this photo so you can see the colouring. The piece circled red needs to go over the top of the screw like pin you have previously located. In order to do this you need to move the spring (marked yellow) back a small amount. I used a tiny screw driver and a pair of tweezers.

Now at this point, I have colour coded the lever section. You need to turn the fork (circled red) over, and position it so that the point of the orange is nearest the orange and blue to blue. I got in on upside down the first time. Don't do that

DSCF6670.jpg

Once you have it over the pin, you will need to push it down. I used a small paper block, which seemed to work for me.

Once it is secure, take it off the blu-tak, or whatever else you have used to secure it and re-located into the watch. Note the cut out at the two o'clock position in the watch. The corresponding section of the lever needs to be inserted into the hole, but being careful to keep the spring on the movement side.

With that in place, I found I needed to just slightly move the spring between the red lines away from the lever to seat it:

DSCF6677.jpg

Once in, replace the screw in the area circled red, then check the alignment of the area circled yellow. Make sure the fork slips between the plates to start and stop the chrono:

DSCF6678.jpg

It should look like this from the side:

DSCF6680.jpg

That's it! You're done. If you want to check it works now, go ahead, but you may want to just secure the caseback in case it flies off again (it has done it before, right

The next three pictures show mine with the chrono on, off and reset for reference.

DSCF6681.jpg

DSCF6682.jpg

DSCF6683.jpg

I hope this helps someone out

Thanks to everyone for their help, and giving me the bit of knowledge and bravery to try this out

SSTEEL

Congrats, and thanks for taking the time to document this repair, I'm sure it will get used by other members :)

JSJ

Absolute magic mate! Well done and so pleased it worked out.

Thanks for a great write-up too. Really useful.

austinsom

Thanks guys :)

By way of an update, the fork fell off again, and so I am now waiting on a replacement. I may try and glue the old one (out of the watch) to see If I can keep it as a spare.

Seems therefore, that if it falls apart once, it will do it again. Better to replace, just in case it gets caught up in the balance wheel, which it is small enough to do.

profsteve

this is by far the easiest how to I have seen - great job and I know on what watch I am going to have a go with it.

Should be a "Sticky"