Sign in to follow this  
Lefty83g

Has anyone else had a drastic change of heart about Panerai

plankton

I went through my Panerai phase, did the gammit! Great watch but as time passes I think my tastes become more refined on what I like. Still like the DSSD (classic), no more subs, no more Omegas, Love my ROO's still, interested in a time Walker, Interested in a Dark side of the Moon.

Conex

I've gone the other way to be honest. Used to love them, now I have sold them all except my 127. Love that watch, but it doesn't get that much wrist time. Its all subjective I guess. Each to their own and all that caper.

James.

I'm starting to dislike them, the whole idea of paying $5k+ for a ETA is absurd, or $20k in the case of the 127.

I like a few PAMs, don't get me wrong, but they're becoming few and far between, I'm finding them so samey, like a less pretentious whoblow.

Vintage and retro is and always will be originally cool.

Conex

I'm starting to dislike them, the whole idea of paying $5k+ for a ETA is absurd, or $20k in the case of the 127.

I like a few PAMs, don't get me wrong, but they're becoming few and far between, I'm finding them so samey, like a less pretentious whoblow.

Vintage and retro is and always will be originally cool.

Oh yes.

Jonnybaws

I started out loving all things Pam..

I still love all things Pam but not at the same level when I first started out on this slippery road!

I've grown to Love APs, they're pretty much up there with the Pams now.

Only thing that could trump the lot of them is a nice vintage Rolex built by RA (which I plan on getting down within the next 12 months, gonna take my time and build THE one)

flyr

Owned a few, and sold them all but the O88.

No more for me.

James.

Panerai is a phase.

Most but not all go through it.

Some escape it.

Some do not.

A stepping stone for some. A destination for others.

Just like rolex, just like AP, except somehow more pronounced it would appear.

Conex

They're still lovely pieces. Just not for me anymore.

court

My change is about 90 degrees so far but I'm appreciating why people love them more everytime I spend some time reseaching them. I'll bite the bullet sooner or later I'm sure.

wippers

2 months ago I'd never heard of Panerai. Then I discovered RWG and now I have 5 which all get regular wrist time. Not sure what it is, but they seem to get you hooked somehow!

Pseudonym
2 months ago I'd never heard of Panerai. Then I discovered RWG and now I have 5 which all get regular wrist time. Not sure what it is, but they seem to get you hooked somehow!

Much the same... Came here thinking that PAMs were too "samey" and weren't for me. I now have 7.

gB.

Before getting into reps never had any interest in PAMs. Now I own three gens and a handful of reps.

:lol:

Porter21

honestly, i used to think PAM's were ugly and thought i would never wear one.... but after being here for a few months, they have started to grow on me. I bought my first PAM the other month and love it! They really are one of the top rep watches you can buy now!

I have the same opinion about AP watches... just dont really like the look of them, but they are starting to grow on me now... thinking of buying my first one here soon lol.

I hate this hobby.... its expensive as fuck!

gB.
Panerai is a phase.

Most but not all go through it.

Some escape it.

Some do not.

A stepping stone for some. A destination for others.

Just like rolex, just like AP, except somehow more pronounced it would appear.

PAM-poetry. Stepping stones and destinations...

:lol:

_DC_

I didn't like them before and I still don't get it now. They're too big for me anyway as 40mm is pretty much my limit, but even if they were smaller I just don't think the design is appealing at all, and they do all look the same to me, but then people say that about Rolex so....

They're clearly an acquired taste, one which I haven't acquired, but I wouldn't slate anyone for liking them, I reserve that for people who buy Offshore Royal Oaks............ douchebags :P

DC

RussP
9055473728_41b834b474_b.jpg The ONLY Pam I need.

Prancuzas

YES and NO

Firstly when came up to forums didnt fancy them at all, looked ugly to me.

Then after about 1year somehow fell in love with 390 (simplicity and color setup).

Got one - and it became my daily beater on almost all occasions and all dress setups.

Then through my hands passed 292,288,111 neither of them looked as good as my beloved 390.

Then bought 183, sold it after about 1 month and 5 days of wrist time.

Then a friend asked to sell him my 390. Because it was a profitable offer I did that.

For that money purchased a new 029. Do You know how long did it take to be listed on M2M? About 12 hours. This just simply made me miss my 390.

So now still have one and only pam - 390.

Yes others looks nice. The strap change culture in pams are what fascinates me the most but I cant imagine more than 1 pam in my collection, simply cant, they are overrated and repeating each another.

So love and hate situation for me here :)

Edited by Prancuzas

RussP

I didn't like them before and I still don't get it now. They're too big for me anyway as 40mm is pretty much my limit, but even if they were smaller I just don't think the design is appealing at all, and they do all look the same to me, but then people say that about Rolex so....

They're clearly an acquired taste, one which I haven't acquired, but I wouldn't slate anyone for liking them, I reserve that for people who buy Offshore Royal Oaks............ douchebags :P

DC

And HUBLOTS :B):

gB.

Hublot. Sounds like a Frenchman vomiting.

huu-huu-huuuuuubloooooooooooooot....

:vomit:

Conex

Weird though. Despite not being into PAMs at all any more, I fricking love my 127. Just can't shake that one.

Jonnybaws

DC

Opps :giggle:

IMG_20140506_1119452.jpg

kayser2705

Since I joined this forum I fell in love with the pam's, I'm still doing research, but my 2 favorites so far are the submersible 243 and the luminor ceramic 396, I'm very close to order these two!

Left Coast Guy

When I first started this hobby, I thought I needed one PAM just to have one in the collection, but couldn't understand these guys that had 10 of them.....I mean its basically the same style, why do you need 10!

So when getting my first, I really liked the PAM505, so I pulled the trigger and started with a Radiomir. Then I saw a PAM090 on M2M for a steal, so I thought "hey, lets give Luminors a shot". Within 10 min of putting it on, I was hooked. It came on a great vintage strap and stunning dial, and was just gorgeous in person. Then I got a PAM 253i Flyback chrono, with the domed sapphire and most recently sourced parts for a bronze hornlug build vintage, which turned out incredible.

Now, I'm official that Panerai guy -- I've got 4 and very much in the market for Fiddy and polished case Radiomir, maybe even Cali dial.

And since posts without pics suck...

PAM090

13539321053_c2c37a7f49.jpg

PAM 253i

13877832933_a12fa18517.jpg

Hornlug

14094293856_ee0b72931a.jpg

zinnboy

Nope. Don't like em.

Vbmrk

When I joined the forums I had never heard of them. Saw everyone talking about them and took a look and didn't understand the attraction. Fast forward nearly 2 yrs later and I'm in the process of putting together a franken 359.

I think once you strap one on, you realize the attraction. It's simple but has great presence at the same time.